Afternic - Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

GoDaddy

Established Member
GoDaddy Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros!
By popular demand, we have launched a dedicated feedback thread for Afternic, the GoDaddy-owned domain name marketplace.

We have created this thread as a way for you to tell us what works, what doesn't work, and what features you'd like to see at Afternic (please be constructive with your feedback). We're looking forward to hearing from the domain investment community to help us shape the future of Afternic.

We will also be sharing Afternic product updates in this thread.

Please note that this thread is not meant for support. Please email our support team at [email protected] for assistance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone else have trouble signing into Afternic Dashboard?

I am getting this error and refreshes to Create Account Profile page.
Show attachment 234467
Can confirm.

window.elasticApm && window.elasticApm.addLabels({ aws_region: "eu-west-2" })

...and then a redirect to the Create Account Profile page, indeed.

We've seen this before.

Last edited:
•••
My bad, didn't see the previous new comments. Getting errors as well.

--------------------------
Getting errors.

Logging in isn't smooth, once logged in. I click My Account - Portfolio - All Domains then I get

window.elasticApm && window.elasticApm.addLabels({ aws_region: "us-east-1" })

or

I get a page wanting me to create a profile like I was new:

Welcome to Afternic!​

You are one step closer to accessing the benefits of the world's largest domain marketplace. To begin buying, selling or parking your premium domain using the Afternic network, You must first complete your Account Profile.

---------
ugh

I'm on 3 different sites all having issues

this issue

godaddy bulk search not working

and some other site

Last edited:
•••
You are one step closer to accessing the benefits of the world's largest domain marketplace.

•••
It appears that after logging in, everything from the new Beta version is inaccessible, while ancient parts of the website can be still visited, such as Account Details, Add Domains, and Notification Center. You can test this in a new tab, after logging in, even if there was an error message in the other tab. Go to https://www.afternic.com/ and click on My Account.

Accessing anything from the Beta version, like All Domains or Dashboard, produces the error message as stated earlier by @silentg, and then follows a redirect to the Create Account Profile page.

Hope this gets noticed and fixed, even if it's weekend. Afternic must actively monitor this itself 24x7x365.

@GoDaddy @James Iles

Last edited:
•••
I have talked to Michael Cyger regarding this issue. He’s looking after it.

•••
Just tried it....it's working for me now.

•••
Email delivery problems since yesterday.
I make some sales but no emails received

•••
Afternic is down for me again. I keep on getting "Yikes, something went wrong. Please, try again later" error message. Can't get into my account - been like this all morning.

•••
Afternic appears to be working again, but transaction emails are not sent. At least "Congratulations! Your domain has sold via Afternic's Fast Transfer network"...

•••
Mine still isn't working. I'm having login issues with Afternic and my GD account. Can't login to either. Still getting the same error message on Afternic and with GD, my 2FA isn't working and I'm getting a blank pink error message every time I login. Had to speak to GD chat support and it wasn't much help either. Waiting on a response email from Afternic support.

•••
What is GoDaddy/Afternic's view on when they think it's best to use ns5/6 vs ns3/4?

•••
Afternic appears to be working again, but transaction emails are not sent. At least "Congratulations! Your domain has sold via Afternic's Fast Transfer network"...
Same here.

•••
Afternic email notifications have stopped working and apparently many are reporting this.

It is particularly troubling, since if sellers are not getting them, potentially the buyers are not getting those either.

•••
Also I just noticed my whole GoDaddy account appears in Spanish.
Is it some bug?

One common culprit for this is links here on NP for external auctions on Godaddy. This happened to me just the other day and it's a major nuisance. It's happened before.

You have to reset the language/country and/or even currency.

•••
This is one more deficient reply, with no mention to the money I paid for these 3 transactions.

Were you able to get this resolved?

•••
Were you able to get this resolved?

2 out of 3 domains were moved from offers made to My Domain Purchases.
I still have no update for the 3rd, where "the bid was lost", 18 days after I paid for it...

Just now I was sending emails to them trying to find out what's going on with a refund I m waiting.
It was related to a payment that I made 22/2.
They managed to locate the payment in 14/3 and they issued the refund same day.

I still can't believe it that I have to wait 20 days for them to locate a payment + 13 days for a refund.

Yesterday I bought a domain through @DaaZ. The transaction was fully completed in 20'.
In DAN most transactions are completed within the day.
In SAV I m receiving all refunds in the first 24h.

•••
I still can't believe it that I have to wait 20 days for them to locate a payment + 13 days for a refund.

That's "beyond the pale". But I've been there with Godaddy, maybe not quite as long.

Wish you best of luck.

•••
Afternic email notifications have stopped working and apparently many are reporting this.

It is particularly troubling, since if sellers are not getting them, potentially the buyers are not getting those either.
@James Iles Do you know more about this problem? Also: there are now problems very often, is it time for better engineering and quality control, maybe?

•••
Thanks for all of your reports over the weekend. Afternic should be fully accessible. If anyone is continuing to experience issues, please DM us.

We will alert our engineers to look into the email system.

•••

I can confirm that as well.
Just sold a domain and I received no email.

•••
This should really be monitored constantly by GD, not us.

•••
•••
It's been 3 days, can't sign in to the account. Emailed but no response.

•••
It would be really nice to know if sales comes from landers or not.
I cannot decide which landers is better between dan/ns2/ns5 , even with a large number of sales...

@James Iles

•••
Create a page like DreamHostStatus.com for Afternic. Whenever there is an issue, we know you're already aware of it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back