IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

VIP Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi All! :hi:

By request, we've decided to start a thread dedicated to Sedo. We're looking for invaluable insight into what domainers want and need out of our parking program (and marketplace, of course).

Questions, comments, suggestions, tips are welcome! We're hoping this will be a great discussion about what works at Sedo and what might not (please be constructive and respectful to others in your feedback) so that everyone involved can benefit and learn from it.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts and ideas! Happy Holidays!

Always,
Keith
(on behalf of Sedo)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your workflow is exactly the same as mine. If you could confirm the timestamps from my previous posting, it's 100% sure that it was SH deleting (and relisting) at Sedo.
I don't have timestamps after 20:51:38 so I can't confirm it, but since you have so many domains, can you please check it?

Attachments

• 2.png
    2.png
    607.8 KB · Views: 23
•••
I don't have timestamps after 20:51:38 so I can't confirm it, but since you have so many domains, can you please check it?
From the batch of deleted domains around that time:

First one: 2024-02-14 20:15:16
Last one: 2024-02-14 20:53:00

•••
Strange things are happening at @Sedo in the last period.

Yesterday, I've logged-in to Sedo to add one domain to their premium network, because my name was out of ICANN's 60 days lock, but to my surprise out of 55 domain names that I have listed at Sedo, 51 names were deleted on February 14 2024, and not by me.

So I sent an e-mail to Sedo support to see what happened (print screen 1).

They answered that "the self-verification was not successful" and they were asking me to re-add the domains (print screen 2).

What "self-verification" was not working? I added to Sedo only 2 domains in the last months, most of them were listed at Sedo for years, and you all know that you can't list a domain there without being verified.

They would have better said that it was a bug and they deleted my domains by mistake.

Now I have to re-add all the domains, to change the DNS, to add categories etc A lot of work for nothing...

Terrible...
Hello,

Thank you for your comment.

We have informed our Security and Compliance team of your concern and they have assured us that they will look into your matter and provide you with feedback by email.

IIf you have any further questions, please don't hestiate to reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
We have informed our Security and Compliance team of your concern and they have assured us that they will look into your matter and provide you with feedback by email.
That's no longer needed. Squadhelp has confirmed to me that there was a glitch on that day, causing the bulk deletions/relistings at Sedo. This affected multiple Sedo accounts.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

IIf you have any further questions, please don't hestiate to reach out to our support team at [email protected]

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team
Hello,

I've received another e-mail from you, but even this time you guys didn't wrote what really happened. Come on, Sedo, you can do it!

What really happened: Squadhelp worked with Sedo trying to synchronize some domains that where not synchronizing and due to some mistakes, our listings got deleted.

I spent around two hours trying to re-add the domains, to write the prices, to take one by one every domain in order to see where's that domain registered, so I can add it again to Sedo's premium network etc And I didn't even finished, because I need to select those three categories per domain, to select the language etc In a few words: to make them again as they were before they got deleted.

As a romanian, I love Germany and I lived there for a while, but I think this time the german precision is missing. :))

@Future Sensors Indeed.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
•••
What really happened: Squadhelp worked with Sedo trying to synchronize some domains that where not synchronizing and due to some mistakes, our listings got deleted.
That's what's happened, indeed.

Sedo Security & Compliance should have said this straightforward, otherwise that department cannot be trusted any longer.

Especially since this involved multiple Sedo accounts at the same time.

It's about the integrity of the system.

Last edited:
•••
@Sedo

I think you forgot to reply to me.

Also please explain how "redpill.pro", is violating your policies.

If I knew that in advance, I would have taken the blue pill...
Hello,

As mentioned in our previous communication, your domains are blocked because they may conflict with the rights of a third party, as outlined in Sedo's policy.

Please refer to our policy here: https://sedo.com/us/about-us/policies/.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide specific details about individual cases or domain names due to privacy and security reasons. Our system identifies potential conflicts with third-party rights, including trademarks, and restricts the sale of such domains on Sedo.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our supoort team at [email protected].

Best regards,
Your Sedo

•••
Sedo please eliminate the ability of buyers to proceed with "buy it now" without completing the payment at the moment... That's technically not a "buy it now" transaction.

•••
Maybe they are running some "self-verification" automation process to purge old domains listed without previous verification.
That is a good hypothesis, and would probably be a good thing to periodically do, but that is not the case here.

They removed about 160 domains from my account on the same day every one else is reporting, Feb 14. Every single one was a standard listing at SquadHelp, that had been initially verified by me when names added at Sedo, and were all still held by me.

Even though I did not have syndication for standard listings turned on at SquadHelp, clearly there was a bug for many of us all at the same date and one hour period on Feb 14.

Eventually Sedo did confirm to me that they were now listed under SquadHelp.

I have tried multiple queries to SquadHelp, that were responded, but never a clear statement on what happened and if it has been fixed.

I had originally invested the effort to keep Sedo and SH Standard listings separate, because I preferred that.

I think that SquadHelp and Sedo need to make a clear statement to the community on this, and the steps in place to make sure it will not happen again.

UPDATE: Apparently some who contacted them very recently did get such a statement, on the error that lead to it and steps to make it not an issue in the future.

-Bob

Last edited:
•••
I had an interesting thing happen today at Sedo. I received this notice when trying to list a domain:

"Unfortunately this domain cannot be listed in your Sedo account due to potential conflict with the rights of a third party.

Upon receiving a complaint to Sedo’s Rights Protection Program from a validated trademark holder, Sedo will evaluate whether affected domains may utilize Sedo’s website and services. This determination is made in Sedo’s sole discretion after considering the interests of the domain owner, buying public, and trademark holder."

However, I've searched the Justia Trademark database and Google and can find nothing with the name I own. Further I hand reg'ed the domain a month ago - if it was truly submitted by the 3rd party - you'd think they'd get the name and hold it so no one else can use it.

Do I have any recourse here with Sedo? They seem adamant this name is not to be listed on Sedo (and yet, I can find nothing even remotely close to the name). I realize this is a hard question since I'm not sharing the name (yet). Anyone else run into something similar?

•••
@Sperry8 Often a manual review will help. Create a ticket, or send email to abuse@<sedo.de>

If you're lucky, you get the following reply: "After review, the domain has been unblocked for Sedo’s website and services and you will be able to list it in your account."

•••
@Sperry8 Often a manual review will help. Create a ticket, or send email to abuse@<sedo.de>

If you're lucky, you get the following reply: "After review, the domain has been unblocked for Sedo’s website and services and you will be able to list it in your account."

I submitted a manual review via a ticket. We shall see if I get anything other than a boilerplate response. Thanks

•••
Some examples of my domains that are blocked "due to a potential violation of Sedo's policy" are:

wish.bar
bigbang.pro
prudential.cc
ebill.info
echo.wtf
leonidas.info
lucent.pro
echoes.pro
newton.best
zenith.bar

Generic English words and some names.
Do you see any reason these are blocked?

@Sedo
I did indeed contact your support once about this.

The response I got was:
"Unfortunately this domain cannot be listed in your Sedo account due to potential conflict with the rights of a third party. Upon receiving a complaint to Sedo’s Rights Protection Program from a validated trademark holder, Sedo will evaluate whether affected domains may utilize Sedo’s website and services. This determination is made in Sedo’s sole discretion after considering the interests of the domain owner, buying public, and trademark holder."

And when I asked for more details:
"We are unable to divulge any personal information. When someone files a trademark our system picks it up and keeps domains that conflict with those third party rights form being sold on Sedo."

Yes, this is a known issue that @Sedo has failed to resolve.
Messaging their Support won’t help you

•••
Yes, this is a known issue that @Sedo has failed to resolve.
Messaging their Support won’t help you

Prudential is an insurance company. Lucent is a health company. - I can see why those are blocked (at least). Mine is a 2 word name - and there isn't a company on Earth using the combo.

•••
Prudential is an insurance company. Lucent is a health company. - I can see why those are blocked (at least). Mine is a 2 word name - and there isn't a company on Earth using the combo.
There probably is a text string, even just 3 letters, that matches something in their database. I'm guessing that they will clear it if it reaches a human who cares enough to take the time to evaluate it. I've not been too impressed with Sedo's automated systems in this regard and I never liked getting emails from "Abuse" as a long time customer who certainly wasn't abusing anything or anyone. It could so easily be sent from "System" or "AIBot" or something that isn't insulting. That said, I respect the need to maintain system integrity but it should be done more elegantly and intelligently.

I used to have a lot of sales and solid parking revenue with Sedo. I decided recently that any incremental revenue was not worth the time and frustration and went to zero with them. I'd love to see them become creative and proactive but I just don't see it. I hope they prove me wrong.

•••
I submitted a manual review via a ticket. We shall see if I get anything other than a boilerplate response. Thanks
Hello,

As you have already contacted our support team, please be assured that they will look into your case and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hello,

As you have already contacted our support team, please be assured that they will look into your case and get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Your Sedo Team

Thanks, they got back to me and the "conflict" was removed. I can now list the name. Weird it was flagged in the first place, but at least manual review works.

•••
If a seller refuses to transfer the domain I purchased at BIN price, what consequences will he suffer?

•••
If a seller refuses to transfer the domain I purchased at BIN price, what consequences will he suffer?
I don't think they get banned on the first time of refusal. Might have changed.

@Sedo

•••
I don't think they get banned on the first time of refusal. Might have changed.

@Sedo
Ok, thanks. I doubt though that this is his first time of refusal since it's a well-known domain investor with 17 years of transactions.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We recognize the frustration caused by a seller's refusal to transfer a domain after a Buy It Now (BIN) purchase. At Sedo, ensuring a smooth and trustworthy transaction for buyers and sellers alike is a top priority.

Our response to uncooperative sellers depends on the specific situation. Domains listed by non-owners are immediately removed. Sellers who fail to respond to transfer requests and are inactive for a long time will have their domains marked as ‘not for sale,’ and will receive a warning.

Please note, while Sedo facilitates agreement compliance, we do not take legal action against sellers, as the contract is directly between the buyer and seller. However, regardless of transaction completion, the Sedo sales contract remains valid, underscoring the legal bond between buyer and seller during the sale.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected].

Kind regards,
Your Sedo Team

•••
Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We recognize the frustration caused by a seller's refusal to transfer a domain after a Buy It Now (BIN) purchase. At Sedo, ensuring a smooth and trustworthy transaction for buyers and sellers alike is a top priority.

Our response to uncooperative sellers depends on the specific situation. Domains listed by non-owners are immediately removed. Sellers who fail to respond to transfer requests and are inactive for a long time will have their domains marked as ‘not for sale,’ and will receive a warning.

Please note, while Sedo facilitates agreement compliance, we do not take legal action against sellers, as the contract is directly between the buyer and seller. However, regardless of transaction completion, the Sedo sales contract remains valid, underscoring the legal bond between buyer and seller during the sale.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team at [email protected].

Kind regards,
Your Sedo Team
Thanks. Two follow-up questions:

1) How many warnings can you get before being banned?
2) Are you saying that the sales contract is a legal contract that could be used in a court of law to settle a refusal to transfer the domain name?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back