Dynadot

Afternic gives no update on payment status

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

(screenshot attached above)

I sold a domain through Afternic on 22 May. My first through them.
Domain was removed from my account same day. A friend told me that it takes 2-3 days before they "schedule" a payment date and 7 days for disbursement.
Their page says the same. "Disbursement will be issued in next 7 days"

But 8 days have passed and forget disbursement, they have not even updated a scheduled payment date. No email update in last 8 days and their "message to TA Agent" button does not work.

I even wrote a support ticket 3 days back about this which I never heard back from.

Anyone had similar experience? Is it normal or a glitch?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I found my mistake. Wrong IFSC.

I checked and confirmed that there is no possible account with that details. What to do now?
Add a new payee and reach out to [email protected] indicating the issue. The payment should have been reversed by now so afternic would likely be willing to resend it soon.
eCheck is practically equal to a bank account transfer. Essentially, a check (or cheque) is presented to your bank for a deposit in your bank account. The key difference is that this is an electronic cheque and not a paper cheque. Processing is typically 24-48 business hours once the check is processed.

•••
None of my email was responded to date.
However an automated email was generated saying that payment could not be processed because of wrong bank details, kindly update your bank details and we will retry in our next cycle.

•••
None of my email was responded to date.

Yes, Afternic response system is a bit slow. Cant help it. If a domain sells through them, one has to be patient. Your money isnt going anywhere, its just delayed a bit.

•••
Thank you for all your help Vaibhav. I will update when I receive the payment and then close this thread.

•••
I received my payment today. Earlier I received acknowledgement of failed payment on 12 June, so 7 days after that they re-released payment.
However none of my support emails were replied to, so I highly doubt that there was any manual intervention.
They are totally dependent on software for their functioning, there is hardly any customer support.

In the end I got my payment though. Thank you all for helping out.

I am closing this thread now. But it remains available to help someone else facing the same problem in future.

•••
I received my payment today. Earlier I received acknowledgement of failed payment on 12 June, so 7 days after that they re-released payment.
However none of my support emails were replied to, so I highly doubt that there was any manual intervention.
They are totally dependent on software for their functioning, there is hardly any customer support.

In the end I got my payment though. Thank you all for helping out.

I am closing this thread now. But it remains available to help someone else facing the same problem in future.
Bro did they applied any Tax on the echeck payment to your bank account? And what is USD to INR conversion rate used?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back