IT.COM

Afternic gives no update on payment status

NameSilo
Watch

(screenshot attached above)

I sold a domain through Afternic on 22 May. My first through them.
Domain was removed from my account same day. A friend told me that it takes 2-3 days before they "schedule" a payment date and 7 days for disbursement.
Their page says the same. "Disbursement will be issued in next 7 days"

But 8 days have passed and forget disbursement, they have not even updated a scheduled payment date. No email update in last 8 days and their "message to TA Agent" button does not work.

I even wrote a support ticket 3 days back about this which I never heard back from.

Anyone had similar experience? Is it normal or a glitch?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For me, sales through Afternic took 10 days max. to recevive payment. I sold a 4L .com in March, just 3 days after transfer domain I received payment by wire (near $20,000).

•••
I have seen blind and deaf 90-year-olds making better websites and offering better support than Afternic.

It is hard to imagine that it is owned by the largest domain registrar in the world.

•••

Its normal with Afternic. They say, they take upto 8-10 WORKING days to schedule payment.

You may even have to wait 2-4 days from Scheduled date.

But dont worry, you will get it eventually. :xf.smile:

BTW..congrats on the sale.

•••
I suggest Afternic pays interest on payments that take longer than 21 days. By far the longest payout of all the platforms I've used.

•••
Reading your horrible experiences, I am assured that it is normal.
I had two out of three sales this month cancelled by buyers ($1000 undeveloped and $285 flippa) so I was worried about this one too. Now I am assured that sale is not cancelled.

Update: on 8th Day today I got an estimated payout date of 3 June (12 Days).

•••
But isnt eCheck for local (USA banks) ?

Will I still receive money in non USA bank.
If it is so, is eCheck better than Wire or not currency-conversion-wise?
Payment from Godaddy / Afternic, there are 3 methods as below:

1- By Echeck (receive in your country currency)
2- By Wire (USD)
3- By PayPal (USD)

•••
Afternic sales - you will get paid. I don't even monitor them closely any longer after recording the sale on my end, because the money always comes eventually. ACH.

•••
I also sold a name through them, it's been almost a month I haven't been paid. Congrats on your sale.

•••

(screenshot attached above)

I sold a domain through Afternic on 22 May. My first through them.
Domain was removed from my account same day. A friend told me that it takes 2-3 days before they "schedule" a payment date and 7 days for disbursement.
Their page says the same. "Disbursement will be issued in next 7 days"

But 8 days have passed and forget disbursement, they have not even updated a scheduled payment date. No email update in last 8 days and their "message to TA Agent" button does not work.

I even wrote a support ticket 3 days back about this which I never heard back from.

Same here. I have sold a name on 3rd May but to this day I have no clue when I would get paid. I have contacted support about 1 week back and they said that they have escalated the issue but after that I never heard back from them. Its really weird.

•••
Yes, a lot of us had the same experience. It is a glitch that is normal at Afternic :(

•••
I got an email update

"A payment to you for 1,996.00 was processed by eCheck."

But I selected Wire (and I think there is no eCheck in India)

Edit: My fault. I had mistakenly selected eCheck and not Wire.

So, I guess I am screwed.
Help @anantj @VaibhavA @bashariqbal

Last edited:
•••
I'm waiting for payout Since December, 6 months.

•••
•••
I got an email update

"A payment to you for 1,996.00 was processed by eCheck."

But I selected Wire (and I think there is no eCheck in India)

Edit: My fault. I had mistakenly selected eCheck and not Wire.

Help @anantj @VaibhavA @bashariqbal
This should be fine. eCheck will get your money in your account. I've used it previously! Good luck and congratulations on getting the payout :)

•••
I used paypal and transfer from paypal to my card its take only 12hr to withdraw

•••

I always use wire (For India), whether it be Godaddy or Afternic.

I am not sure bt eCheck.

By wire i get paid in my bank in India precisely like this.

Suppose a 500$ sale. Minus 20% commission. That leaves 400$. Less 5$(One time processing fee, whether it be 1 domain in a day or multiple). That leaves 395$. Less 4% currency conversion (They claim 3% on their website but I have calculated and it comes down to 4% exactly (Maybe bank buying selling rate difference)).

500-20% = 400-5 = 395-4% = 379.2 * 67 (Current $ Rate) = 25,406 INR

Let us know, what you receive via eCheck.

•••
@VaibhavA : How many days for wire to settle in your account from release date?

Whether it be godaddy or afternic.

Once a get a mail like this below

upload_2018-6-10_14-2-28.png

I get paid next day. If next day is saturday or sunday, I get paid on monday.

Hope I have understood your query properly and answered appropriately.

Regards

•••
I found my mistake. Wrong IFSC.

I checked and confirmed that there is no possible account with that details. What to do now?
Add a new payee and reach out to [email protected] indicating the issue. The payment should have been reversed by now so afternic would likely be willing to resend it soon.
eCheck is practically equal to a bank account transfer. Essentially, a check (or cheque) is presented to your bank for a deposit in your bank account. The key difference is that this is an electronic cheque and not a paper cheque. Processing is typically 24-48 business hours once the check is processed.

•••
None of my email was responded to date.

Yes, Afternic response system is a bit slow. Cant help it. If a domain sells through them, one has to be patient. Your money isnt going anywhere, its just delayed a bit.

•••
I received my payment today. Earlier I received acknowledgement of failed payment on 12 June, so 7 days after that they re-released payment.
However none of my support emails were replied to, so I highly doubt that there was any manual intervention.
They are totally dependent on software for their functioning, there is hardly any customer support.

In the end I got my payment though. Thank you all for helping out.

I am closing this thread now. But it remains available to help someone else facing the same problem in future.

•••
Its normal with Afternic. They say, they take upto 8-10 WORKING days to schedule payment.

You may even have to wait 2-4 days from Scheduled date.

But dont worry, you will get it eventually. :xf.smile:

BTW..congrats on the sale.
Thanks mate.

•••
•••
•••
by ECheck that means you will receive payment in your domestic currency through your bank account (not in USD)

By Wire you will receive payment in USD if you select it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back