IT.COM

question Afternic didn't send me money

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I sold a domain in Sept,and completed the transfer on 27.Sept.(afternic emailed me:We are currently scheduling your payout and we will send you an email within 1-3 business days to confirm once your funds have been sent.)

I should have received my payment within 3 business days,but afternic didn't send me money.

So I contacted customer service and they asked me to update my payment information, I updated my payment information on 3.Oct.

I still haven't received my payment so far and the customer service has not responded to my emails.

What should I do to solve this problem? @Joe Styler

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
At Afternic, did you contact customer service, or your transaction agent? There is a difference. When you generate a support ticket to customer service, it goes to anyone in customer service and they then have to go into your domain transaction and figure things out.

But each of your domain transactions is given its own transaction agent. If you login to Afternic and click on your domain that has sold, lower down on the description page you will see a sentence asking if you want to send a message to your agent. A link is provided. Use that function, instead of sending a general support ticket to customer service. Your transaction agent will know what is going on.

*Note that I ALWAYS send notes to my transaction agents with every sale, even if it is a BIN sale and no negotiation involved. I like to get the communication started early with each agent. I'll send a brief note at each stage, like "I've unlocked the domain and input the auth code. You can now initiate the transfer at your end" and "I see you began the transfer; I have manually released the domain from my registrar, it should now be in your account."

I like to do that at each stage, because if I don't, that leaves it up to them to check when certain things are happening (for some things they receive automated notifications, for other things they just have to check, or wait). When I message them at each stage, they get a ping from me the moment something happens at my end. I find it really expedites the process.

**Double note: Some of them are fast and respond within an hour or two; others are slow and take a day or two. But they've always responded to me.

*** Triple note: If you've already done this and have sent a message to your transaction agent, then you've got a slow one. Send a note each day, so his/her account keeps getting the pings. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. At least, theoretically - that saying came about long before Covid slowed down just about every service in the world :)

Good luck, hope the above helps

Last edited:
•••
At Afternic, did you contact customer service, or your transaction agent? There is a difference. When you generate a support ticket to customer service, it goes to anyone in customer service and they then have to go into your domain transaction and figure things out.

But each of your domain transactions is given its own transaction agent. If you login to Afternic and click on your domain that has sold, lower down on the description page you will see a sentence asking if you want to send a message to your agent. A link is provided. Use that function, instead of sending a general support ticket to customer service. Your transaction agent will know what is going on.

*Note that I ALWAYS send notes to my transaction agents with every sale, even if it is a BIN sale and no negotiation involved. I like to get the communication started early with each agent. I'll send a brief note at each stage, like "I've unlocked the domain and input the auth code. You can now initiate the transfer at your end" and "I see you began the transfer; I have manually released the domain from my registrar, it should now be in your account."

I like to do that at each stage, because if I don't, that leaves it up to them to check when certain things are happening (for some things they receive automated notifications, for other things they just have to check, or wait). When I message them at each stage, they get a ping from me the moment something happens at my end. I find it really expedites the process.

**Double note: Some of them are fast and respond within an hour or two; others are slow and take a day or two. But they've always responded to me.

*** Triple note: If you've already done this and have sent a message to your transaction agent, then you've got a slow one. Send a note each day, so his/her account keeps getting the pings. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. At least, theoretically - that saying came about long before Covid slowed down just about every service in the world :)

Good luck, hope the above helps
Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. My emails to [email protected] can't be answered in time, I will try to leave a message to my agent every day, hopefully this will keep things moving forward.

•••
wait till after 11 am ny time press 4 button transaction assurance ,these people are good ,if you get support just hang up they are pretty much useless ,then try again

•••
•••
I just received an email from customer service after I told customer service that I had updated the payment information and that the buyer had full control of the domain name.

“Your payment is currently being processed. You will receive an email once your payment is released. Funds should then be received with in 3 business days from the scheduled release date.”

Hope I get paid within the specified time.

•••
wait till after 11 am ny time press 4 button transaction assurance ,these people are good ,if you get support just hang up they are pretty much useless ,then try again

Thank you for your suggestion, I can only communicate by writing emails because my English is not good. :(

•••
I just got the money ,thank you every one.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back