IT.COM

"AdSense minisites"

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
do these make you guys any money
any problems with google?
IMO they seem to be a bit "dodgy" and think google will delete my account for doing something like them. which i dont want since they are a good source of income...

whats peoples opinion on them? are they creating sales/signups for the advertising, or just draining their budget so they wont advertise again..which means PPC keeps dieing..

bit drunk but thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I use minisitites and I'm making money off them - not a whole ton yet, but it's a start. And no, I do not think that Google will ban you for those - after all, people who click on your advertisements are legitimate customers interested in the services provided by the advertisers. I think in terms of creating sales and signups, informative minisites are not at all different from websites proper (well, obviously with the exception of traffic and the number of visitors). In no way do I think that minisites negatively impact the viability or profitability of PPC advertising.

•••
A user clicking an ad on a minisite is no different from clicking one anywhere else.

If you encourage users to click the ads too much, Google will delete your account - so only people interested in the product will actully click through.

•••
I have developed hundreds of minisites and never had a problem with Google. They make money according to their quality, usually more than in any parking program.

•••
I heard that if you buy one of these sites you must change it a bit, otherwise your site will be penalty by Google because of duplicate content if the site has been sold for many times.

•••
This is true and not only penalize your from the Adsense perspective, they can even take out any pagerank currently associated to the site displaying what it may seems duplicated content.

•••
This is true and not only penalize your from the Adsense perspective, they can even take out any pagerank currently associated to the site displaying what it may seems duplicated content.
true, as far as I know.

•••
donot worry google will not ban you for creating minisites . but make sure none of your mini site should breach google terms

•••
minisites, IMO, are like commercials with "unspoken" guidelines. Make sure that it serves a true purpose, and also that is adheres to your ad program TOS. make it a few pages long so it has links other than ad links. Throw in some images, and legit copy and you should make a few bucks. I agree they are better than parking and if they earn, they usually can be sold for 10-18 months worth of income.

P.S. dont forget to channel your sites in your ad programs admin.

The real trick here is inexpensive hosting for your site, check www.itsyhost.com <-- one of my sites.

•••
tansks said:
I heard that if you buy one of these sites you must change it a bit, otherwise your site will be penalty by Google because of duplicate content if the site has been sold for many times.
The penalty would be that your site won't get indexed by Google because of duplicate content (not banning), so it's best to change things in it, and not put up the exact copy.

•••
i am interested in getting some minisite for my domains..can anyone teach me how to do it or anyone taking a job for this?

•••
HI

Check my Sig... I use the content I pay for each month, and then turn that content in to small mini sites... using a program called xsitepro..

Right now I have enough content to make 20 more mini sites, but I don't have the time to make them :(

But im going to buy Xsitepro for a mate of mine soon that will make the sites for me each month :)

Right now I have about 15 sites up most still very new but im earning around $10 per day from them , so nothing to write home about..

But my goal is 100-200 sites and each site making around $0.25-$1 per day so that will make me from $25 to $200 per day... on auto pilot...

So the thing is can you do it..... the answer is a BIG YES....

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
Google frowns upon "made for adsense" sites, and their TOS state that, but it's true that they do work. I really prefer to have one big and authority site, for a question of image, but for a question of profit, mini-sites seem good. But it must be a pain to manage them :) I know people that have thousands of domains. I have 150 and I think it's too much. I will sell some...

•••
Affiliate7 said:
Google frowns upon "made for adsense" sites, and their TOS state that, but it's true that they do work. I really prefer to have one big and authority site, for a question of image, but for a question of profit, mini-sites seem good. But it must be a pain to manage them :) I know people that have thousands of domains. I have 150 and I think it's too much. I will sell some...

I have yet to hear of Google banning anyone for developing minisites. As for regular "made for minisite" templates, I really think it is different from the "do not make websites specifically for the purpose of monetizing them via AdSense" TOS clause that I presume you are referring to. It's only natural that Google being what it is, search engine optimization services will proliferate. Insofar as I'm concerned, the main value of "made for AdSense" minisites lies in their SEO, since their duplicate content adversely affects their Google search engine placement.

•••
Hello!

Yes, I was referring to their terms of service. Although they don't seem to be banning them, we never know when things change. And some things need to be changed. I wished only hand picked sites would be allowed to join AdSense. Many advertisers are running from AdSense (because of low quality sites, scrapers and scammers), and without advertisers we don't have revenue...

•••
I wished only hand picked sites would be allowed to join AdSense.

This is already the case - Google has to review at least one of your sites before your account is approved.

They also have a team who check any sites using the Adsense code - if you've got Adsense on a site, they know about it. If it breaks their TOS, they know about it

•••
Affiliate7 said:
Hello!

Yes, I was referring to their terms of service. Although they don't seem to be banning them, we never know when things change. And some things need to be changed. I wished only hand picked sites would be allowed to join AdSense. Many advertisers are running from AdSense (because of low quality sites, scrapers and scammers), and without advertisers we don't have revenue...

I really disagree with you about advertisers running from AdSense because of low-quality sites. Firstly, I really don't see how the quality of websites comes into consideration at all, seeing as the advertiser does not pay unless legitimate clicks have been made, and, secondly, the more websites there are out there, regardless of their quality, the greater the probability of your advertisement reaching the target audience. Thirdly, where exactly would they run? Surely not to YPN - it might be good, but it's effectiveness is limited by the low number of websites that participate it in (after all, it's still only in Beta and open to American users only).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back