Dynadot

sales Acquire.com Was Sold To Micro Acquire For $2,000,000

NameSilo
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's a great acquirement! Congrats to the buyer and seller.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I wonder if NameBio could get all of these 7+ figure sales listed. They could reach out to the CEO/owners to confirm. There have been so many, yet only a small fraction is reported.

•••
I see it's redirect to MicroAcquire
MicroAcquire Brokerage Services, Inc., CA DRE # 01862195
So some of CA startups have a good budget =)

Anyway
Congrats to the seller.
@silentg Thanks for sharing

•••
I see it's redirect to MicroAcquire
MicroAcquire Brokerage Services, Inc., CA DRE # 01862195
So some of CA startups have a good budget =)

Anyway
Congrats to the seller.
@silentg Thanks for sharing
You got me …let me find a short snippet please

•••
You got me …let me find a short snippet please
What snippet ?
I don't got. I'm not so smart, not from Silicon Valley =)

•••
Great name and good deal for the buyer and seller.

•••
Monster sale, thanks for the info (y)

•••

6 hours later 200k

ooo.png

•••
He said he put the extra 0 for fun. Don’t get how that’s a joke / prank.

Asked the mod to correct the price.

Last edited:
•••
very fair price (y)
Now that I see the price was just 200k I must take back that it was a fair deal because it was not a fair deal for the seller but sometimes a seller needs the funds so he did what he needed to do.

•••
Truth is i think it is a fair deal. I'd value it $200k-$500k tops, it sold for the lower end of that, but with the market the way it is right now, it's a fair deal.

•••
He said he put the extra 0 for fun. Don’t get how that’s a joke / prank.

Asked the mod to correct the price.
So he "pranked" for $2,000,000 just to get attention I guess, good marketing move. Now everybody has to update their articles lol And I can't edit my Tweets.

Last edited:
•••
he is bad boy mayber ,will he cover some truth of buying the domain ?

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
The asking price was 500k they went down to 200k:

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:
•••
500k was fair price IMO, 200k is on the low side.

Last edited:
•••
This post needs to be altered now that the “joke” is over. I agree they got a massive deal.

Last edited:
•••
The word 'acquire' is only taken in 4,531 other domains, i know that might sound a lot to the average domainer and it is to be fair but more often than not you will find multi-million $ domain assets are taken in a lot more (20k+).

Usually for domains to sell multi-million (what we thought this sale was) they have to be category defining or amazing brandables (for example Yes dot com, Galaxy dot com).

While 'acquire' is ultra-premium and an amazing asset, it is below this calibre in my opinion, it's what i like to think of as a tier 2 domain (domain that can sell between $100k-$999k). I don't think it's a word you can just market out to companies and expect it to be snapped up quickly, i think it’s a domain would have required a lot of patience for that 'perfect' end-user to come in.

Could it have sold 7 figure range, sure! (it wouldn't have been a surprise if it did), but a potenital buyer would have had to really motivated and want this domain and owner would have had to play hardball.

Last edited:
•••
•••
"We paid $2,000,000 for http://acquire.com"
Deserving this amount I think.

•••
•••
•••
Back