Domain Empire

sales Acquire.com Was Sold To Micro Acquire For $2,000,000

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

silentg

DomainRetail.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He said he put the extra 0 for fun. Don’t get how that’s a joke / prank.

Asked the mod to correct the price.

Last edited:
•••
He said he put the extra 0 for fun. Don’t get how that’s a joke / prank.

Asked the mod to correct the price.
So he "pranked" for $2,000,000 just to get attention I guess, good marketing move. Now everybody has to update their articles lol And I can't edit my Tweets.

Last edited:
•••
That's a great acquirement! Congrats to the buyer and seller.

Last edited:
•••

6 hours later 200k

ooo.png

•••
I would never do business with this guy. Did he ever think of how his “joke” could hurt the seller, considering taxes and what not?

What an asshole and I’d say he’s not a joker but more so a liar!

•••
I am concerned with the trend of more, both domain investors and CEOs, reporting sales/purchases of domain names on social media such as Twitter. When this is done it does not go through even the most cursory of checks.

I don't find this case a 'joke' as the CEO called it, and not sure if the original price he promoted was part of his campaign to get Twitter to give him the matching Twitter handle that had been owned by someone else and was suspended. The price was originally quoted in response to a question about price related to that discussion.

Many domain sales reported on social media are lacking one of the key elements of exact name, price, date of sale or confirmation that it was a fully paid and cash only type sale, checks that are needed to get in DNJournal or NameBio.

If some want to report their sales on social media, that is their right, but I would hope they also report to NameBio.

Of course as discussed elsewhere on NamePros, there are many issues around whether to report at all. I truly appreciate that many do report to NameBio, that makes analyses possible.

-Bob

•••
Last edited:
•••
500k was fair price IMO, 200k is on the low side.

Last edited:
•••
The word 'acquire' is only taken in 4,531 other domains, i know that might sound a lot to the average domainer and it is to be fair but more often than not you will find multi-million $ domain assets are taken in a lot more (20k+).

Usually for domains to sell multi-million (what we thought this sale was) they have to be category defining or amazing brandables (for example Yes dot com, Galaxy dot com).

While 'acquire' is ultra-premium and an amazing asset, it is below this calibre in my opinion, it's what i like to think of as a tier 2 domain (domain that can sell between $100k-$999k). I don't think it's a word you can just market out to companies and expect it to be snapped up quickly, i think it’s a domain would have required a lot of patience for that 'perfect' end-user to come in.

Could it have sold 7 figure range, sure! (it wouldn't have been a surprise if it did), but a potenital buyer would have had to really motivated and want this domain and owner would have had to play hardball.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The asking price was 500k they went down to 200k:

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:
•••
It was a good one tbf, he didn’t tell anyone to write blogs or threads on domaining forums about this ‘supposed’ 2 million sale, but he quickly told the truth what he really paid (even though he didn’t have to). The CEO isn’t a domain investor, chances are he won’t buy another premium domain name again; he doesn’t care what anyone here thinks or Google.
Making jokes about financial transactions is something that is a big red flag for investors. 20+ years of working with investment firms, nobody wants to deal with people that are not extremely serious when they talk about numbers. In a post FTX world, that will be even more serious. You might find it cute, you might think everything is a tiktok clown world, but there are some people, including myself that don't think a CEO posting a lie about a transaction is funny at all. This has nothing to do if he plans to buy another domain or not, obviously it doesn't matter for domainers, we sell names to people that pay the price we want. However, there is a world outside of domaining.

•••
I see it's redirect to MicroAcquire
MicroAcquire Brokerage Services, Inc., CA DRE # 01862195
So some of CA startups have a good budget =)

Anyway
Congrats to the seller.
@silentg Thanks for sharing

•••
he is bad boy mayber ,will he cover some truth of buying the domain ?

•••
•••
Guys it only sold for 200K. He thought he was being funny saying he paid 2 million. This thread is now on Google forever unless mods delete it.

Good reason not to start these kinds of threads unless a sale amount is verified.
How much more verification do you want? The CEO of the company, using a verified account made that statement. I do not see it as a joke at all, really reckless of him to think that is a joke.

•••
•••
•••
You got me …let me find a short snippet please
What snippet ?
I don't got. I'm not so smart, not from Silicon Valley =)

•••
Great name and good deal for the buyer and seller.

•••
Monster sale, thanks for the info (y)

•••
very fair price (y)
Now that I see the price was just 200k I must take back that it was a fair deal because it was not a fair deal for the seller but sometimes a seller needs the funds so he did what he needed to do.

•••
•••
I think I misread what you originally said. I think I read that as Yes and Galaxy being category defining, amazing brandables...instead of just amazing brandables. Apologies.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back