Domain Empire

About Best Registrar Polls

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Should we do it at the end of the year?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Yes

• No

• Maybe

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Windoms

Top Member
Impact
I think best registrar polls should be at the end of the year.

2016 poll was in march. Godaddy won, 52%. Thread by @JB Lions .
2017 poll was in november. Godaddy won 29.8%. Thread by @equity78
There was no poll in 2018.
2019 poll was in june. Namesilo won 24.4%.
2020 poll was in march. Epik won 26.9%.

Here is my idea.
Start poll on the 1st day of december and end it on the last 31st day of december, or from 1st to 15th or 15th to 31st.

So that going into the new year, we can look back and decide who the best registrar was.
Leave it open for a whole month and keep debating so that everyone can see it and vote.
Have public votes (we can see who's voting for who), results only viewable after voting.

Imo its better than march or september polls.
Make it Best Registrar of the Year, so it would make sense to have it at the end of the year.

You'd even have registrars try to bribe us with juicy promotions at the end of the year if they had a date to go by.

With mysterious newcomers, Godaddy finally innovating, DAN brewing serious coffee, Epik in the lab, SAV in the schemes, Namesilo launching their new marketplace (forgot the name), dynadot being efficient and thus able to throw any bomb at any time, 2021 will be exciting to see.

But that would be December 2021.

Last one was March 2020, it's now December 2020, and December 2021 feels like a century ahead.

The question for the poll is, should we do it at the end of year; not should we make another one for 2020.

I am not looking to remove epik's title, they already won, pubicly, from june 2019 to march 2020, it's fact in history, nothing can change it.

But for the sake of far away december 2021 itchy feet syndrome, maybe we could have another one, or not.

In both cases, if we decide to move Namepros Best Registrar of the Year award to the month of December.

If we do, have $1 .com and 0% commission bribes ready in october @Paul Nicks @DAN.COM @Rob Monster @Nick R , @namesilo , @Dynadot .

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Nothing like the present time to get it right. The first one I started didn't have a year assigned to it. Didn't think it would be a yearly thing since NP didn't seem to have an interest in it. I think you started the polls after that with the years.

What I am saying is we can't change dates.

We have a 2019 winner @namesilo and a 2020 winner @epik

2016 poll was in march. Godaddy won, 52%.
2017 poll was in november. Godaddy won 29.8%.

So up next is 2021

•••
What I am saying is we can't change dates.

We have a 2019 winner @namesilo and a 2020 winner @epik

2016 poll was in march. Godaddy won, 52%.
2017 poll was in november. Godaddy won 29.8%.

So up next is 2021

You can change dates, it's called edit Title. As far as the press releases, it is what it is. I have no idea why you started polls in June and March and assigned years to them.

Last edited:
•••
NameSilo Technologies Corp. Wins Namepros "Best Registrar 2019"

News provided by

NameSilo Technologies Corp.
Jun 07, 2019, 12:30 ET

CSE: URL / OTC: URLOF

VANCOUVER, June 7, 2019 /CNW/ - NameSilo Technologies Corp. (CSE: URL) (PINKSHEETS: URLOF) (the "Company") one of the world's fastest growing domain registrars has been voted "Best Registrar 2019" in a poll taken by Namepros, an online community where individuals buy, sell and discuss domain names. NameSilo received 24.4% of the votes, with industry giant GoDaddy taking second place with 21% of the votes.

https://www.thedomains.com/2019/06/05/namesilo-wins-namepros-best-registrar-2019/

NameSilo LLC CEO Kristaps Ronka states: "We were very pleased to see that a community of individuals that is active in the buying and selling of domains has embraced NameSilo in this recent poll. We truly appreciate their support and will continue to endeavour to provide our growing community of NameSilo clients with best-in-class products and services in the months and years to come".

Acceleration of Warrant Expiry Date

Further, the Company announces that it has elected to accelerate the expiry date of the warrants (the "Warrants") issued on January 15, 2018 in connection with a non-brokered private placement unit offering (the "2018 Private Placement").

Pursuant to the terms of the Warrants, if the average closing price of the Company's shares on the Canadian Securities Exchange is equal to or greater than $0.45 per share for a period of twenty (20) consecutive trading days, the Company is entitled to accelerate the expiry date of the Warrants to a date that is thirty days after the notice of such acceleration is provided to holders of Warrants.

This news release constitutes notice to Warrant holders of the new expiry time. Any Warrants remaining unexercised after the new expiry time will be cancelled.

Effective today, the Warrants issued to the purchasers pursuant to the 2018 Private Placement are set to expire at 5:00 p.m. (Vancouver time) on July 7, 2019.

How to Exercise Warrants

Warrant holders who wish to exercise their Warrants should instruct their investment advisor and be prepared to provide payment to their advisor firm equal to the exercise price for each Warrant exercised. Investors should consult with their investment advisor to confirm the time required to complete this process and other costs associated with the exercise, if any.

Warrant holders who hold a physical certificate wishing to exercise Warrants need to provide the Company with a certified cheque, bank draft or money order payable to the Company, together with the Warrant certificate with the exercise appended to the certificate duly completed.

About NameSilo Technologies Corp. and NameSilo LLC

NameSilo Technologies Corp. invests its capital in companies and opportunities which management believes are undervalued and have potential for significant appreciation. The company makes investments in both public and private markets and focuses on opportunities in a wide variety of industries excluding the resource and resource service sectors. NameSilo does not invest on behalf of any third party and it does not offer investment advice.

NameSilo LLC is a low-cost provider of domain name registration and management services. As an accredited ICANN registrar, NameSilo is one of the fastest growing domain registrars in the world with over 2.73 million active domains under management, and over 270,000 customers from approximately 160 countries.

Disclaimer for Forward-Looking Information

Certain statements in this news release are forward-looking statements, which reflect the expectations of management regarding potential future investments by the Company. Forward-looking statements consist of statements that are not purely historical, including any statements regarding beliefs, plans, expectations or intentions regarding the future. Such statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that may cause actual results, performance or developments to differ materially from those contained in the statements and set forth in detail in the Company's CSE Listing Statement dated August 1, 2018. No assurance can be given that any of the events anticipated by the forward-looking statements will occur or, if they do occur, what benefits the Company will obtain from them. These forward-looking statements reflect management's current views and are based on certain expectations, estimates and assumptions which may prove to be incorrect. A number of risks and uncertainties could cause the Company's actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements.

SOURCE NameSilo Technologies Corp.

rt.gif

For further information: NameSilo Technologies Corp.: Paul Andreola, President, CEO and Director, (604) 644-0072, www.brisio.com; NameSilo LLC, Kristaps Ronka, CEO, [email protected], www.namesilo.com

•••
Hi
not gloomy or bitter about it at all
it's true from my perspective and others as well

Hi

a pole, won't improve things here, unless those who swing on it, can make the changes or improvements necessary.
and the more you talk about structure of it, the more biases you may discover within.

who is chosen as best registrar, depends on those who vote
and where those who voted keep, or register their names, is only relevant if i want to buy one.

and such information is readily available, when you know the domain.

Hi

i'm as cool
as kool in the gang
but please.. don't let what i say
stop you, from doing your thang

:)

puff, puff....

imo....

Don you are like Snoop in the Starsky and Hutch movie Owen Wilson asks him are we cool? "We always cool Breeze"

•••
The World has now changed, why not conduct quarterly?

Cheers
Corey

•••
The World has now changed, why not conduct quarterly?

Cheers
Corey

Q1 best then you could track how things changed in Q2.

•••
https://www.namepros.com/threads/best-favorite-registrar-poll-2021.1219904/

Used all the registrars from previous 4 polls plus suggestions from last time.

I Just noticed it, so this "about polls" thread is naturally "expiring".
Imho, basically, @JB Lions just opted-in to receive a lot of NP alerts how somebody responded in a thread :)
Hope there should be no competition between valuable members @equity78 and @JB Lions for a "privilege" to receive these forum notifications! Lets have 1 poll, not 2 polls like last time!

Last edited:
•••
@JB Lions for a "privilege" to receive these forum notifications! Lets have 1 poll this time, not 2 polls like last time!

What? I get 0 alerts. Raymond can kill the thread if he wants, it's his forum. Have it next year, it really doesn't matter to me.

Last edited:
•••
What? I get 0 alerts. Raymond can kill the thread if he wants, it's his forum. Have it next year, it really doesn't matter to me.
LOL. I am speaking about top right corner, forum notifications - "alters" button :) ->

JB Lions replied to the thread About Best Registrar Polls. There may be more posts after this. ⚙
A moment ago

Last edited:
•••
LOL. I am speaking about top right corner:

JB Lions replied to the thread About Best Registrar Polls. There may be more posts after this. ⚙
A moment ago

Oh, you're talking about replies to the thread? Anybody can get those. Start a thread, subscribe to thread, if you're quoted etc, based on your settings and such. There were 5 people that voted, I don't get alerts on that.

Last edited:
•••
I Just noticed it, so this "about polls" thread is naturally "expiring".
Imho, basically, @JB Lions just opted-in to receive a lot of NP alerts how somebody responded in a thread :)
Hope there should be no competition between valuable members @equity78 and @JB Lions for a "privilege" to receive these forum notifications! Lets have 1 poll, not 2 polls like last time!

Tony I don't care who starts a poll what I am saying is we have a 2019 winner it's documented, in places outside of Namepros outside of domaining actually, Same for 2020.

I read @Windoms and it seemed people wanted December 2021 to be the 2021 poll.

Now @Corey brought up quarterly.

•••
we have a 2019 winner it's documented, in places outside of Namepros outside of domaining actually, Same for 2020
Yeah, for 2020 the winner (Epik) is using custom graphics right on its homepage, and it says "best registrar 2020". So, the outcome of a new poll should include 2021. Obviously. But, with what wording?

Last edited:
•••
The standard calendar quarters that make up the year are as follows:
  • January, February, and March (Q1)
  • April, May, and June (Q2)
  • July, August, and September (Q3)
  • October, November, and December (Q4)
Cheers
Corey

•••
1/ we are having a 2020 best lander poll from december 15th to 31st. Confirmed.

2/ Im for another 2020 best registrar poll.
We've had them on wierd dates all previous years, now would be a great time to fix it. Specially since its been 9months since the last one.

Now we could name it differently so that it doesnt take away anything from epik's victory.
For example "End of the year best registrar poll", makes it less official.

3/ Quaterly polls might be too much, good idea, but not much happens in 3 months so it might become useless and redundant after some time.
One official poll at the end of the year.
And maybe another one in June in a different format.

4/ best registrar polls should have 1 single choice, otherwise the winner wont be the true winner. 2nd wont be true second, etc..

We could allow 2 or 3 choices in that mid year June poll. There's the solution.
And it makes the year end poll even more exciting, anticipated, and decisive.

Right now, we could have a year end poll now with multiple choices, but lets keep that mystery for June.
Lets have 1 choice, name it differently so that it doesnt take away anything from epik's official victory.
Lets say namesilo wins.
They can still have a press release " we won the namepros year end poll".
But epik still gets the "namepros 2020 award".

I think thats fair.

•••
The goal of the June poll being to notify registrars who sleep. Whoever, with 3 choices allowed lags behind, knows they have to work.
Best lander poll could have the same format, 3 choices in June, 1 choice in december.

Have a simple year end best registrar poll now, use the word poll instead of award.
But next time will be the Official 2021 Namepros Registrar of the Year Award.

•••
The goal of the June poll being to notify registrars who sleep. Whoever, with 3 choices allowed lags behind, knows they have to work.
Best lander poll could have the same format, 3 choices in June, 1 choice in december.

Have a simple year end best registrar poll now, use the word poll instead of award.
But next time will be the Official 2021 Namepros Registrar of the Year Award.

That's a good solution. Will have the year taken out and just call it end of year poll - https://www.namepros.com/threads/best-favorite-registrar-poll-2020.1219904/

Doesn't mess up past polls or anybody's press releases and such.

Then next year, we'll start adding the years again. Start them in December, not March, June, etc.

Last edited:
•••
That's a good solution. Will have the year taken out and just call it end of year poll - https://www.namepros.com/threads/best-favorite-registrar-poll-2020.1219904/

Then next year, we'll start adding the years again.
Going forward lets wait until we all agree before taking such initiatives. December 15th would have been a good date to start.

I see no problem with employee voting, 40 votes from epik employees doesnt change much in my book.
I also see no problem with advertisement from registrar, people are not stupid. Whatever someone says, can get a reply which leads to debates. Its no big deal.
3 choices should be for the June poll.

You should change title and poll answers and try to close that one, and have another start in 3 days when we have agreed on terms.

•••
Just off the top of my head...

October, November, and December (Q4)
  • Black Friday
  • Cyber Monday
  • Sale of NameSilo
  • Epic & paypal
  • GoDaddy terminating fast transfer
Cheers
Corey

•••
Going forward lets wait until we all agree before taking such initiatives. December 15th would have been a good date to start.

I see no problem with employee voting, 40 votes from epik employees doesnt change much in my book.
I also see no problem with advertisement from registrar, people are not stupid. Whatever someone says, can get a reply which leads to debates. Its no big deal.
3 choices should be for the June poll.

You should change title and poll answers and try to close that one, and have another start in 3 days when we have agreed on terms.

You’re complaining about a 3 day difference starting date, my goodness. Seriously, Dec 12 instead of Dec 15, the world will keep spinning. And employee voting does make a difference, there’s a big thread on it. You should reread it and refresh your memory. Dynadot would have won the last poll without the employee vote. And registrar advertising aka spam is a problem. We literally had the CEO of one company banned from the thread because of it. Why in the world would you want a repeat of problems, instead of correcting them. It doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
•••
@JB Lions , @equity78 - do you know how to make a poll (or a link to) appear on all pages, right column? Makes sense to arrange this... as before

•••
@JB Lions , @equity78 - do you know how to make a poll (or a link to) appear on all pages, right column? Makes sense to arrange this... as before
I had asked the mods to feature it. I’m not even sure who the admin is, who actually is in charge of those decisions

Last edited:
•••
bureaucracy sucks.......
To many chefs spoil the broth......
convoluted threads......
lead to drink.....

Bring on December 2021.......

Any other quibbles spring to mind........

•••
You’re complaining about a 3 day difference starting date, my goodness. Seriously, Dec 12 instead of Dec 15, the world will keep spinning. And employee voting does make a difference, there’s a big thread on it. You should reread it and refresh your memory. Dynadot would have won the last poll without the employee vote. And registrar advertising aka spam is a problem. We literally had the CEO of one company banned from the thread because of it. Why in the world would you want a repeat of problems, instead of correcting them. It doesn't make sense.

Had those 40 epik employees not been epik employees, they might have still voted for epik.
At that time (march), I find it normal that epik won the best registrar poll.
They were innovating, promoting, offering solutions, thats why people voted for them (I didnt).

The goal of this thread is to establish clear rules going forward.
Only 2 persons on this thread said they had an issue with employee voting.
Whatever registrar advertisement you bring weighs nothing if you have nothing to back it up.

You cant start a poll based on your taste. We need to agree.

bureaucracy sucks.......
To many chefs spoil the broth......
convoluted threads......
lead to drink.....

Bring on December 2021.......

Any other quibbles spring to mind........
No need to run away from the issue, we just need to find a solution.

I had a nice middle ground couple minutes ago.
1/ we are having a 2020 best lander poll from december 15th to 31st. Confirmed.

2/ Im for another 2020 best registrar poll.
We've had them on wierd dates all previous years, now would be a great time to fix it. Specially since its been 9months since the last one.

Now we could name it differently so that it doesnt take away anything from epik's victory.
For example "End of the year best registrar poll", makes it less official.

3/ Quaterly polls might be too much, good idea, but not much happens in 3 months so it might become useless and redundant after some time.
One official poll at the end of the year.
And maybe another one in June in a different format.

4/ best registrar polls should have 1 single choice, otherwise the winner wont be the true winner. 2nd wont be true second, etc..

We could allow 2 or 3 choices in that mid year June poll. There's the solution.
And it makes the year end poll even more exciting, anticipated, and decisive.

Right now, we could have a year end poll now with multiple choices, but lets keep that mystery for June.
Lets have 1 choice, name it differently so that it doesnt take away anything from epik's official victory.
Lets say namesilo wins.
They can still have a press release " we won the namepros year end poll".
But epik still gets the "namepros 2020 award".

I think thats fair.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back