DAN.com

A Quick Due diligence, saved losing $25k+

Labeled as information in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by JagG, Aug 8, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Internet.Domains

Internet.Domains Account Closed (Requested) VIP

Then don't buy it and just move on. This whole thread is turning into a cluster with blog posts now written. This domain and whoever holds it is being dragged across the coals with absolutely no facts. This is a disappointment on so many levels. Professionals do no such things. There is a better way, this isn't it.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. JagG

JagG Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I did move forward, I came here to give awareness on researching before purchasing.

I have not once attacked @lambo on here or over at twitter

3. Acroplex

Acroplex Top Member DomainGang.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The blog posts were written 3 years ago. And NamePros blocked the thief - and his proxy accounts - 3 and 2 years ago. It's fresh news as it's now in the possession of a new owner. Is he a victim? Not by default.

Let's hear where the domain was sold and who was the seller. Was it brokered? Who was the broker then.

4. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Professionals care about provenance. Because if it gets taken down the road places like Sedo and GoDaddy are not giving you your money back. I got quotes from both, we would be really really sorry but you not getting money back on the name.

5. JagG

Not when he brings my family into it!!!

6. Internet.Domains

I respect you for bringing awareness and believe you have good intentions, although by specifically calling out the domain and the current holder as a #scambag it is not DUE DILIGENCE.

7. JagG

Go and look at all his tweets!!

8. equity78

Thanks Richard for joining in and posting.

9. Internet.Domains

I will be the first to respect you for defending family. Things have got out of hand quickly, its unfortunate.

I have even had some tat tats with some people I respect on this subject......Somebody has to step up and regroup at some point. I am trying to, hope you can to.

10. equity78

So then I would say Richard @lambo.com has clean title, if it was abandoned or would Accounting Software Zone still have some claim to the name?

11. equity78

@jberryhill If you have time John can you weigh in on this, especially what Richard wrote.

For ASZ.com -- See: http://www.DomainState/warning-forum-23/asz-com-stolen-77329.html?p=363375
    Seems like that thread was started by mxdominios and he posted info about asz.com and accuses nameowner as being a thief. I am "locos" and I chime in with my sarcastic reply about Jonathan being a duck rolling around in orange sauce.

If I recall correctly the investigation (allegedly) concluded that (hypothetically) nameowner (possibly) contacted NSI to do an (alleged) Identity Theft Domain Hijacking of ASZ.com by renewing it (pretending to be the real owner) and restoring it out of the Redemption Grace Period.

Now, we can all argue over who the victim is: Is it the owner of ASZ.com? But they abandoned the domain. Is it NSI? They didn't receive any proceeds from the domain going to auction. Is it stolen if it wasn't going to be renewed. This guy (whoever stole asz.com by fraudulently pretending to the the owner) basically snatched it out of a grey area. He wasn't the first, and asz.com this wasn't the only domain he did this on. Quack, quack!

12. Acroplex

I made a mistake about Richard Lau, and no, it wasn't mxdominions who emailed me in that DomainState thread - it was locos (who is Richard Lau.)

It was an honest mistake that does not change anything regarding the status of this domain.

13. Acroplex

The domain was hijacked by registering the domain and email address of its registrant account. So they never abandoned anything.

The domain remained in the hands of a thief who does this for profit. Should we reward the domain with a clean title because @lambo bought it?

A stolen bike is still a stolen bike.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  14. equity78

Agree, my point was when does the domain become clear? You know what I mean, if Virginia Seiler is never coming for the domain name what happens moving forward?

Would the statute of limitations come into play.

15. Grilled

Grilled Black Lives Matter VIP

Agreed.

But it does raise another question, or possibly provide speculatory context to other unanswered question(s) about suspected domain theft, such as when/why/how did @AlejandroGarcia go rogue?

I mean, it appears, we have someone who went from reporting domain theft, to possibly committing domain theft themselves. Unless, Alejandro was framed/hacked himself.

Many questions still remain regarding alleged thefts connected to @AlejandroGarcia. So to find that Alejandro had reported thefts similar to what he is/was suspected of committing raises at least one dwayne johnson eye brow.

If nothing else, it seems noteworthy that the initial public claim that asz.com was stolen, was/ might have been issued by the same person who a decade later is/was accused of (or framed for) similar alleged domain thefts.

16. Acroplex

As much as I'm tempted to share what I know,
    If I answered your questions and speculation on who is the owner, I'd risk compromising a lot of work done on this. Not by me.

17. TheLegendaryJP

TheLegendaryJP Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

"At what point does it become ok to own this domain then"

Never, imo.

For me personally and I think @Acroplex and many others here it is a matter of not just legalities but morality.

If you find yourself wondering what legalities can help you in keeping a stolen domain you have already answered a question about your own morality.

For reference I will say that personally I have helped in the recovery of names stolen many years prior.

Stay away from stolen domains because when the community finds out you trade in them your name is mud. Your name should be valued above gold, have some self respect and consider the harm that was done to the rightful owners, don't participate by paying off a thief.

18. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Contributor VIP

After reading all of this thread and some....if I happened to have become the owner of this 3L .com domain, I would be listening to everything everyone is saying, and I would be keeping the domain....period. At least until such time as some legal authority took it away.

I can't see any domain investor that happened to buy this domain just giving it to who knows.

I think this thread is futile. Sure we could discuss the ethics involved. But noone here is law enforcement and without a victim complaining, well....there is no crime.

I don't think Mr. Berryhill will be weighing in here.

Just saying.

19. Internet.Domains

Hi good to see you JP! You have done some amazing work in this area! Respect.

You brought the word "morality" into the conversation. Let me ask you.....If the person holding the domain bought the domain without knowing its a possibly, allegedly, stolen domain, is it immoral?

At the same time. If people are judging him and persecuting him without knowing what his true position is, is that immoral?

20. TheLegendaryJP

TheLegendaryJP Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi, thank you for the kind words.

I'll be clear, I am referring to a domainer who knows the name is or could be stolen. Obviously I would never hold it against anyone who unknowingly bought a stolen domain. Keep in mind that buyer is now a victim as well who could very well lose thousands of dollars.

Hope that answers your questions.

21. Lox

Lox _____ VIP Gold Account

Attached Files:

22. TrueBranding

TrueBranding Account Closed (Disallowed)

it's okaay to aware people and it's a good thing, but we cannot accuse anyone and we shouldn't until we are 100% sure of it, so it hurt domainers, I feel strongly that this thread needs to be cleared and wiped and thhe url flush on google too.

23. JagG

Again, I have not accused anyone!!!

24. HotKey

HotKey Made in Canada VIP

u lil wascal u

why do I get always get the feeling you're sitting in an impenetrable bunker room with a wall of screens and petabytes of computing resources at your fingertips..

25. sircc

sircc Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

No, it doesn't! I certainly want to know what happened.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice