Dynadot

information A Quick Due diligence, saved losing $25k+

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I come across ASZ.com which is listed for sale at eBay, priced $25k, it's not everyday you see Premium names listed on eBay, even looking into the seller's feedback which was quite disappointing to say the least, showed me this sale isn't gonna be smooth.

So I went over to #Google and typed the following ...

"ASZ.com stolen"
"ASZ.com domain name stolen"

After reading through a few articles, I also found a tweet which was posted July 28th 2020 ( see attached),

So I simply asked the seller a legitimate question....

Did you do Due Diligence on ASZ(.)com, before you purchased this? Where did you buy this?

His response you can see from the attached picture...

Screenshot 2020-08-08 at 16.56.26.png

@lambo.com ( your #tag )

2123.png

Last week I come across VVH(.)com which was listed here at Namepros.com

Again went to #google but nothing come up, so I checked the history on the name via http://web.archive.org I found the previous owners contact details and rang them, to check if they sold the name, only to learn they got hacked.

Quick reminder, always to your Due Diligence !!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nothing wrong with your question. You asked him a straight and direct question. The same as anyone would ask in business. If they cant answer a simple question or give a stupid reply like that, I will be the first to assume they are dodgy or are hiding something. 👍😉😉 If someone replied to my inquiry like that, they wont be doing any deal with me.😊

Last edited:
•••
I believe that due diligence should be done prior to accusing someone of peddling a stolen domain. Thats the irony of this thread.

Exactly, I was doing my due diligence after seeing the listing on eBay. On google I come across a tweet that was posted last week, so I just asked a question in which @lambo.com replied " I bought it from your mum"

What kind of reply is that!!!

I am not accusing anyone by the way!

•••
The only reason this domain made news again is because a NPs member decided to buy it. Whether he knew what he was buying depends on who sold it, for how much, and I know of at least one "hot shot" broker who handled it 3 years ago.

Its status as stolen has not changed, and there are reasons for that I cannot disclose but the Mods are fully aware of what is going on here.

Whether someone comes back after 13 years or not to claim it is irrelevant: there is a thief out there making money from stealing, holding, and selling domains.

If you buy a $2k bike from a thief for $200 and no one comes to claim it, it's still a stolen bike.

•••
I'm not making any assumptions regarding the domain in this thread, but I'd like to clear something up regarding theft in general. Once something is stolen(in most countries and under international law), the original owner has the right to recover the property in perpetuity. It doesn't matter how much time has passed or how many times it been traded or sold. A good example of this is artwork and other property that was stolen during World War 2. Family members are still recovering property to this day that was stolen 80 years ago.

•••
Then don't buy it and just move on. This whole thread is turning into a cluster with blog posts now written. This domain and whoever holds it is being dragged across the coals with absolutely no facts. This is a disappointment on so many levels. Professionals do no such things. There is a better way, this isn't it.

The blog posts were written 3 years ago. And NamePros blocked the thief - and his proxy accounts - 3 and 2 years ago. It's fresh news as it's now in the possession of a new owner. Is he a victim? Not by default.

Let's hear where the domain was sold and who was the seller. Was it brokered? Who was the broker then.

•••
•••
"At what point does it become ok to own this domain then"

Never, imo.

For me personally and I think @Acroplex and many others here it is a matter of not just legalities but morality.

If you find yourself wondering what legalities can help you in keeping a stolen domain you have already answered a question about your own morality.

For reference I will say that personally I have helped in the recovery of names stolen many years prior.

Stay away from stolen domains because when the community finds out you trade in them your name is mud. Your name should be valued above gold, have some self respect and consider the harm that was done to the rightful owners, don't participate by paying off a thief.

Last edited:
•••
My asz is pleased to offer elite brands.

You didn't finish your sentence.

Shouldn't it read,

My asz.com is pleased to offer elite brands a:

reputation stain?
headache?
potential liability?
future lawsuit?

Last edited:
•••
Hello everyone!

Richard Lau here -- I was told to drop by and chime in. I've not been on NP in so long I needed to do a password reset! Ok, so..... I've skimmed over the thread and to start:

No, I'm not MXdominios.

For ASZ.com -- See: http://www.DomainState/warning-forum-23/asz-com-stolen-77329.html?p=363375
Seems like that thread was started by mxdominios and he posted info about asz.com and accuses nameowner as being a thief. I am "locos" and I chime in with my sarcastic reply about Jonathan being a duck rolling around in orange sauce.

If I recall correctly the investigation (allegedly) concluded that (hypothetically) nameowner (possibly) contacted NSI to do an (alleged) Identity Theft Domain Hijacking of ASZ.com by renewing it (pretending to be the real owner) and restoring it out of the Redemption Grace Period.

Now, we can all argue over who the victim is: Is it the owner of ASZ.com? But they abandoned the domain. Is it NSI? They didn't receive any proceeds from the domain going to auction. Is it stolen if it wasn't going to be renewed. This guy (whoever stole asz.com by fraudulently pretending to the the owner) basically snatched it out of a grey area. He wasn't the first, and asz.com this wasn't the only domain he did this on. Quack, quack!

•••
@JagG better close this thread and be sorry and if anything you need to ask .. ask in private and then verify, if we start doing this .. it goes long way .. what if someone ask you that: Aerosol.com is stolen domain than how do you feel? .. if you have any concern the best way is to send a private message in any platform and see the result, and if you are not comfortable with your purchase drop and move forward.

I hope that clears all.

Cheers

Sorry for what!!

Look back on what I said, please.

For one I do not buy red flag names!! reason why I started this thread to give awareness on buyer's to do Due Diligence!!!

•••
@lambo.com your reaction is weird, if I was you I would immediately show a proof of buying to humiliate @JagG in public.

It's your chance go for it..

Last edited:
•••
•••
amazed wow are domains “stolen”?
Dont we have to put up with antiquated 60 lock and even worse 5-7 day transfers many regist

years or decade plus?
2007? 15 years. Wow.
Pushing sweet 16 soon;
and highly valuable name owner still shrouded.

This eerily reminds me of 3L.com CQD.com —and used Escrow.com.

This is nothing like the CQD.com case that owner came here and James Booth also provided details of whom he purchased the domain from.

I don't think anyone believes the current owner stole the domain name, at least I don't. But for those with the use of paid tools like DomainIQ you can see all the whois history changes, and I am not sure where anyone has refuted the evidence that @Acroplex laid out.

AccountingSoftwareZone.com and Virginia Seidel don't look to be able to be contacted as the company went out of business.

•••
This domain was also reported sold on NameJet on November 9, 2016....

asz.com $22,322 NameJet

Source: https://namebio.com/blog/daily-market-report-for-november-9th-2016/

Not sure whats going on with it, but it seems while there may be hints that the domain was hijacked back in 2007, I can't see where the current owner could be involved and there doesn't seem to be any real evidence from any previous owner that the domain was hijacked.

Last edited:
•••
•••
The burden of proof is not on him to prove its stolen. Everyone should refrain from attacking a domain, and its owners, until all facts are submitted and judged appropriately.

Do you do any due diligence before purchasing domains?

When you find a red flag, do you disregard any concern if the reward is greater than the risk?

Looking forward to your findings.
:
For starters,

created: 2007
https://www.DomainState/warning-forum-23/asz-com-stolen-77329.html
upload_2020-8-9_9-57-52.png

Theory as to how
2017:
upload_2020-8-9_9-55-8.png

Its just not right. There's no justification at this point. Please supply the facts.

So while I imagine you might try to discredit Acroplex/MxDominos as not being an authority. There is more out there if you read, contact others, and/or perform due diligence of your own. Acroplex has a looong track record of helping folks in need. Can you say the same?

Last edited:
•••
I personally would say this is very different than the other vvh or whatever name, because in that case, the op actually spoke with an owner that said they had been hacked.

•••
2007: Stolen allegation
http://archive.li/xfhtE
I can see where GoDaddy had this domain on auction in 2015. So weird. GD didn't have a problem auctioning it then. Bidding was at 16k but reserve may have not been met. Then again, it may have ultimately. That was in 2015.

Source:
https://tldinvestors.com/2015/10/go-daddy-auction-picks-10-22-15-fxph-com-asz-com.html

2015: $16,250 USD
https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=180998273

2016: $20,750 USD
https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=190978995

2017: $1,711 USD
https://auctions.godaddy.com/trpItemListing.aspx?miid=232383681

2018: Acroplex
https://domaingang.com/domain-crime/domain-crime-asz-com-has-been-stolen-since-2007/

For those who have a hard time comprehending DomainGang.com's articles. Here's a breakdown:

(1)
The three letter domain ASZ.com is still stolen, and the thief has set up a page faking its recovery.

There is this thing called a hyperlink. If you click on it, it will redirect you to the linked location.

If you click on faking its recovery, you will be redirected to a archived form of ASZ.com from time stamp
21 May 2018 16:09:42 UTC.

upload_2020-8-9_10-46-44.png

(2)
The stupid scheme to legitimize the domain’s status was uncovered thanks to the registrant’s attempts to sell the domain on various domain venues, and getting blocked.

Various domain venues getting blocked. Various means more than one. Such as:
NamePros.com
Escrow.com
Flippa.com

And according to @TexasDomainer, looks like he might have been banned from DN.com as well.

(3)
Flippa suspended the seller’s account debizetplimus, while NamePros confirmed that attempts to announce that the domain isn’t stolen, were made via a proxy account linked to the thief. Escrow.com has banned the seller from their platform as well.
upload_2020-8-9_10-52-54.png

(4)
The domain was hijacked in 2007 by a notorious domain thief in China. They stole ASZ.com by registering a dropped domain that managed the registrant’s active email at the time.

Using different aliases and proxy sellers, the thief has attempted to sell ASZ.com on every domain venue possible, but the domain community has been reporting these attempts.

Bottom line: ASZ.com is a stolen domain. Read more about the thief here.

Last edited:
•••
One thing to be careful about when buying expensive domain names,
If the price is too low, we should check to see if there is any problem

•••
Alleged on his fake news blog

This post is 100% true, or so it goes.

The domain was stolen in 2007. The thief attempted to sell it on numerous occasions. The domain was marked red hot on several platforms, including Escrow.com, Sedo, Flippa and NameJet.

Whether you bought it for $1k or $20k its status won't change. It's a stolen asset.

•••
If someone has bought stolen property, knowing its stolen, it is a crime.

If someone has bought stolen property, not knowing its stolen, the buyer is a victim of a crime.

In this case we don't know:

A. If the domain was recovered and resold, making for a legitimate transaction and legitimate possession.

B. If the current holder bought it, knowing its stolen.

C. If the current holder bought it, not knowing its stolen.

The domain community is best served if we can establish current facts before making judgement.

Your first 2 sentences don't change the fact that if the "property" is stolen it stays stolen whether someone knew it was or not.......

•••
To properly identify the property as stolen, we have to establish that the domain was never recovered. That evidence has not been submitted. The possibility that it was recovered and resold remains open.

I get it. However, we know this name was stolen in the past and has remained so till at least a couple of years ago.

To properly identify the property as not stolen, we have to establish that the domain was recovered. That evidence has never been submitted. The possibility that it was never recovered and resold while still being stolen remains the most likely option.

But like you said, we don't know who it was bought from. Only the current owner knows. Personally I would provide my source of purchase to a trusted party to get rid of the story surrounding this name but he's in no way obligated to do so. And rightfully so as long as there is no criminal investigation regarding this name.

•••
You can trade Ground Nut Oil - Crude I think

Have a look and calculate your own value.....
All we’ve heard so far is mods this and that. Poor case. Forget Namepros and let’s provide some real, legal evidence.

Has the “real” owner stepped up to the plate? Where are communications with the registrars or legal filings?

•••
No, Richard Lau's profile at DomainState wasn't hacked. But I have no idea why he used that domain in 2007 - it dropped in 2015. The restricted member's reported activities are from 2018/2019.

As if the puzzle conspiracists need any more twists or turns, the current landing page for AlejandroGarcia.com seems to be a broken HD landing page. Not sure why the landing page isn't working...

upload_2020-8-10_16-47-22.png

In 2014/2015, prior to HugeDomains picking it up in 2015, the nameservers for alejandrogarcia.com were set to "dominiomx.com"

In 2013, dominiomx.com (any relation or MxDominos pun?) was registered by one Alejandro Garcia Briseno using [email protected]. Domain looks to still remain under one Alejandro Garcia Briseno.

I suspect [email protected] was used to facilitate at least one domain theft (2016/2017) using a similar acquisition method as theoreticized happened with Asz.com.

:-/

Could this be a hacker/troll? :hacker: :troll:

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back