NameSilo

information 5L.com and 7N.com Reg Stats

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello everyone,
I see a lot of posts asking for this type of information, and also a lot of posts with inaccurate information, so I thought I would make this available to everyone.

If anyone sees a problem with any of my statistics please let me know...

5L.com and 7N.com Registration Statistics as of 1/4/16

Generic 5L.com
Total-----Registered-----Reg %-----Remaining-----Rem %

11,881,376-----3,694,022-----31.09%-----8,187,354-----68.91%

5L.com (CP)

3,200,000-----2,055,144-----64.22%-----1,144,856-----35.78%

Generic 7N.com

10,000,000-----1,205,399-----12.05%-----8,794,601-----87.95%

7N.com (no 0 or 4)
2,097,152-----988,097-----47.12%-----1,109,055-----52.88%

***Keep in mind that about 1-2% more domains are registered than noted here.
This report was pulled from the zone file which exempts any domains without nameservers. Which as best as I can tell runs about a 1-2% average.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
30,98% available in my 50000 random generated 5L.com chips

have crossed 31,25% wich separate the last 1M available domains
now we see speed increase to 13k-15k regs per day

We may see buyout by the end of February...

Amazing increase in regs the last 24 hours.
5l stats also shows a big increase - https://twitter.com/5lstats/status/695158893073321985

Good news for patient holders of 5l :)

•••

Thanks TMarkus for your daily 5L stats.

Wow that's an amazing amount registered in 24 hours and the Chinese are celebrating the new year.

Let's see what happens when they get back in business on Feb 14th.

•••
Thanks TMarkus for your daily 5L stats.

Wow that's an amazing amount registered in 24 hours and the Chinese are celebrating the new year.

Let's see what happens when they get back in business on Feb 14th.

Well clearly not everyone is celebrating and doing nothing lol.

If that rate continues or increases then we're looking at 100k regs a week even with no pick up.
There is no question if this carries on then there will be a big rush on like happened with 6n.coms so it could move very fast IMO.

•••
Well clearly not everyone is celebrating and doing nothing lol.

If that rate continues or increases then we're looking at 100k regs a week even with no pick up.
There is no question if this carries on then there will be a big rush on like happened with 6n.coms so it could move very fast IMO.

Amen Brother!

•••
Just wondering who is picking up the recent ones in China or Western domainers? Is there any way to find this out?

•••
pic.jpg

•••
•••
Just wondering who is picking up the recent ones in China or Western domainers? Is there any way to find this out?

I'm not sure if anyone has these statistics but if I had to take a wild guess I'd say both. But China registering a lot more than Western domainers.

•••
last 2 weeks 90% of all 5L.com regs from China

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
30,86% available in my 50000 random generated 5L.com chips

•••
30,86% available in my 50000 random generated 5L.com chips

Hello

You search in all 5L chips, right ? i mean not patterns, all ?

•••
any update for avaliable 7n ?

•••
Any good soul who can update kinda each 2 days? :)

Would be really appreciated

•••

Since the 1st of February my stats are showing a registration rate of about 8,500 a day (taking the average to today).

Registration rates have picked up, there is no doubt. But daily reporting and boasting numbers that are questionable may indicate an invested interest to increase the speed of a buyout by causing hype.

There are still roughly 1 million 5L Chinese Premium domains available for registration out of 3.2 million. There is a way to go until we need a daily countdown thread.

There will not be a buyout in February unless the registration rate goes up to about 50,000 a day starting today. The last of the 5Ls will definitely go at an accelerated rate, but I don't think the pedal is floored yet.

My suggestion is - if you are reading this thread don't get excited and expect some incredible news tomorrow that will make your 5Ls worth a fortune if they aren't today. Don't go buying today because you think you will be left out tomorrow. There are still plenty of left, including a lot of patterns, so we are a long way from fighting over scraps.

Hype was not the intention when I started the thread, and I personally am not pushing a buyout nor do I see one imminent yet.

For me - watching the movement in registration is interesting and I am looking forward to see how all of this plays out. I created this thread for others to be able to do the same that don't have the tools at hand.

Last edited:
•••
any update for avaliable 7n ?

No real movement in the 7N Chinese Premium category. Still around 53% remaining and the registration rate has stayed pretty steady.

•••
•••
Good illustration above.

In summary:

The average has remained pretty constant (around 2000-5000 a day) - except for the spike on 2/2 and 2/3.

Then yesterday it settled back down....

Good chance there was nothing to see here other than a group of buyers or a blog that was posted. Then you have the Chinese New Year.... But, it's still so small of a chunk of the remaining inventory that in the grand scheme it really doesn't matter.

There has to be a buying trend established before it's worth examining too closely. This has not gone on long enough to be a trend, and if yesterday is any indication it is slowing back to average registration rate.

But again that's why I personally try to not look closely at 5L reg stats daily. We are just not there yet.

Last edited:
•••
More food for thought:

Come Nov 2016-Feb 2017 there will be an excessive amount of inventory coming up for renewal in all the new "domain currency" categories. The amount of domains that will come up for renewal in the 5L Chinese Premium category will equate to more than the size of the entire 4L.com and 6N.com inventory combined.

It comes down to how big this market actually grows and rather or not it can absorb the inventory of all the 4L, 4N, 5N, and 6N expansions into other extensions and the 3.2 million inventory in the 5L.com CP category.

•••
Hello everyone,
I see a lot of posts asking for this type of information, and also a lot of posts with inaccurate information, so I thought I would make this available to everyone.

If anyone sees a problem with any of my statistics please let me know...

5L.com and 7N.com Registration Statistics as of 1/4/16

Generic 5L.com

11,881,376-----3,694,022-----31.09%-----8,187,354-----68.91%

5L.com (CP)

3,200,000-----2,055,144-----64.22%-----1,144,856-----35.78%

Generic 7N.com

10,000,000-----1,205,399-----12.05%-----8,794,601-----87.95%

7N.com (no 0 or 4)
2,097,152-----988,097-----47.12%-----1,109,055-----52.88%

***Keep in mind that about 1-2% more domains are registered than noted here.
This report was pulled from the zone file which exempts any domains without nameservers. Which as best as I can tell runs about a 1-2% average.
Hi ANy Update on 7N?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back