NameSilo

3 Character .nets? Are they gone?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

inspiration100

DomainersNewsletter.comVIP Member
Impact
Are all 3 character .nets gone? Reckon they will ever be worth something?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Most definitely yes... on both questions.

•••
Actually quite some time ago. All three LETTER have been gone for a few years. The Letter/number combos a bit more recently. You may find an odd letter/number or one with a hyphen available or deleted but I still question the "real" value of those.

•••
Normally domainers have a lot of backorders on anything worth having, drops are rare if the owner is sensible anyway.

•••
Yes. But for some reason nobody is paying much for them on eBay. I sold one for $1.97 recently.

•••
How long do you think it'll be before they skyrocket?

•••
I think that they will start rising with interest when the .mobi hype has died down a bit. Many of the people who would have been interested in 3character domains have been investing in .mobi domains recently. This is not suprising. The 13000+ LLL.mobi domains have more than tripled in value in the last 3 weeks. The NNNN.mobi domains are expected to run out by many and there are still some very good quality 3 character .mobi domains that are unregistered.

As it becomes more difficult and more risky to invest in short .mobi domains, people should start to show more interest in the 3character .net domains. On eBay r1m.net recently sold for $41 and so I think that the competition for 3 character domains there is starting to heat up.

The other factor that should affect the value of 3character .net domains is the 3character .org domains. Because the .org registry is giving .org domains at a discount rate to asain people until the end of the year, it is possible that some asain domain investor could buy out the remaining .org domains for around $20000 this year. If this happens, it might raise the interest in the .net domains.

•••
HI

I still think it will take another 12 months before they are really worth anything more then $50 each...

I have like 150 and some are really good so I am going to hold on to them all for at least another 2-3 years to see what happens.

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
I invested in 80 of them, hope it was a smart move! Think these will be worth $20 by June?

•••
From what I see, with short domain names (LLL,NNN etc...) there appears to be a 1:5 ratio between the .net and .com domains. 3character .com domains are minimum $85 and while 3character .net domains are selling for $10 and less today, my gut feeling is that there will be some correction in the market with time and that they will be over $20 by then. Domains are a gamble though. To say that they will be worth $20 in 7 months time is not something that you can be certain about.

•••
Ehh I remember the last seconds of LLN and NNL .NETs during the RegFly special... Good old time...

•••
VURG said:
From what I see, with short domain names (LLL,NNN etc...) there appears to be a 1:5 ratio between the .net and .com domains. 3character .com domains are minimum $85 and while 3character .net domains are selling for $10 and less today, my gut feeling is that there will be some correction in the market with time and that they will be over $20 by then. Domains are a gamble though. To say that they will be worth $20 in 7 months time is not something that you can be certain about.
Very true, i'm sure hoping so as i've invested loads into these. I have over 85 now. Just as long as they go up is fine with me.

•••
HI

Most good LLN , NNL , NLL or LNN are going for more then $20 per name now... Im not talking about crap letters tho... but they still sell for between 12-15 per name to a reseller...

Im not sure about NLN or LNL tho they will be harder to sell..

Well let's see how it goes...

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
seems like they arnt in high demand atm. Anyone else noticing that?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back