IT.COM

2CheckOut.com - BEWARE !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

_Yakov_

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I went to TemplateMonster.com just the other day to purchase a template and they have several payment options there including 2CheckOut.com.
I bought from them before several times and everything was nice and smooth.
I paid trough 2checkout.com and got my template. I used my business card which has high credit line and there never ever have been any problems.

Next day I got a call from TemplateMonster.com saying my payment was cancelled by 2CheckOut.com due to fraud.
The guy from TemplateMonster.com didn't even ask for me to resubmit the payment, he sounded like he is use to chargebacks.

As 2checkout.com doesn’t provide support on weekends, I had to wait until today (Monday) to call them and to find out.

In mean time, I have completed one of my sites that offers informational service on how to share files over the internet, how to avoid viruses, gives ratings to different file sharing programs, teaches how to convert mp3 into WAV files etc.

It's important to note that there are multiple sites of the same kind as mine that are using 2checkout.com to process payments.
And this is basically what made me subscribe to 2checkout.com - I saw it on the same kind websites as mine. Otherwise I will never ever sign up to sites like 2chekout.com as their design and $49 sign up fee makes their site look like a scam.

Well, I signed up for a merchant account, set up the site, which was hard to do because I found 2ckeckout.com system very poorly set up and far from 'user friendly' and started promoting my new site, redirected some of my domains to it.

After 12 hours, there were 2 transaction processed totaling $69.90 in sales.
I get an email from 2checkout.com stating that 1 of 2 transaction was placed on hold due to fraud and they have to check it manually. Then in 30 minutes they emailed me saying they will not cancel the transaction because there is nothing wrong with it.

In the next 30 minutes I noticed that I cannot login to my 2checkout.com account and went to see if my site works fine and no, my site was no longer processing any transaction and 'check out' system returned some errors. Some time after I received an email from 2CheckOut.com containing 3 typographical errors in one sentence, saying they shut down my account.
Here is it:

Dear Merchant,

The following comment was added by the 2CheckOut Team,

I\ 'm sorry however,we no longer support this service. Account closed,should receive refund within 4 to 7 business days

[email protected]

As you can see no explanation was given whatsoever. I emailed them back but did not receive a reply.

I waited till today so i can call them and find out what's wrong with them.
I found out the fallowing:

My payment to TemplateMonster.com was canceled and it is now on it's way back to my bank. No further action of any kind will be taken.

My merchant account was cancelled because they decided that they don't process payments for websites that offer file sharing service, when in fact my site is legal and don't offer any service except informational. They don't care about the fact that they process transaction for multiple sites of the same kind either.
Furthermore, 2 sales that my site generated are getting cancelled by 2checkout.com.

I don't recall me receiving such a mistreatment during my entire business practice.
Moreover, they caused me over $300 in losses in 8 hours including the loss of potential revenue by canceling the service on selective basis. I’m thinking of contacting my local attorney to see if legal action is appropriate.

I can only imagine what loss they are causing to TemplateMonster.COM, when my $43 payment is being cancelled even though there is nothing wrong with the transaction and I even call them to confirm my authorization.

As i was amazed of this kind of non since and mistreatment, I went ahead and checked is
2checkoutsucks.com is available? Taken
2cosucks.com Taken by 2checkout.com - ha! These crooks are aware of their poor performance and had to register their all companynamesucks.com domain :laugh:
I had to be creative and I have registered 2cos.com which stands for 2 check out sucks. There will go my new sebsite.

2CheckOut.com - Eww ..!

<font color="#FF0000" style="font-size: 100pt" face="Bookman Old Style">BEWARE..!</font>

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I never used them before.

•••
I purchased my webhosting through someone who uses 2checkout.com

•••
a really sad state of affairs....Yakov..never used them before but I think sometimes it is not the "company" as a whole

it is the "trigger" happy newly employed staff?? maybe! that

give glib replies, with typos etc....

had some problem with some net company....the guy who replied

was "rude" but later on another staff who probably read the first

email "apologised"..

i suggest more emails...to the co president??....i know it is difficult

to contact higher authority especially with "anon" net companies,

unlike its "realworld" counter part.

sorry and good luck to you!!

•••
Actully hate sites belong to the trademark owner ;D
It have been confirmed in court ;D

•••
Originally posted by cmos
Actully hate sites belong to the trademark owner ;D
It have been confirmed in court ;D
I thought that decision was that the sites are fine if they're a form of protest but otherwise they're copyright infringement.

•••
2checkout
is a 3rd party payment svc. such as pay pal.

I'de recommend you opening your own merchant acct. through
CardserviceInternational

Goodluck

•••
i've dealt with Paysystems.com (as customer and merchant)

they are the best

i love them

•••
When I was offering web hosting services several years ago, I had the possibility of either going with 2Checkout.com and PaySystems.com, due to the large amount of complains I heard from users of 2CO, I have decided to use PaySystems.com, who, in my opinion, is one of the best payment processing company within their particular market. Authorize.net is also a good one, but it may be expensive to set up.

•••
On the other hand - I have used 2checkout for a couple years now and have had ZERO problems with orders.
I found it a great service.

I dont think 2checkout allows templates to be sold
just like generic sunglasses, file sharing, and stuff.

I just notice they're redesign their homepage and
it needs some work. You would think they would
build it offline and test it - then upload?
Now they got a mixed up homepage and dead links in a
few places.

•••
Originally posted by Wanda
2checkout
is a 3rd party payment svc. such as pay pal.

I'de recommend you opening your own merchant acct. through
CardserviceInternational

Goodluck

merchant account are great except it costs $$$$ to set up.....too much cost for startup...unless one is sure business is going to take off

a template/web design resell/sales site might take time to harvest in clients.

...unless one is sure that the said business will take off......best hook in on a merchant account from the very beginning

:gl:

•••
hmmm i was going to use 2checkout but now i am thinking twice about it ...

•••
Thanks for the timely information.

•••
2checkout isnt that bad... they call to verify you... it worked for me.

•••
Posted on another forum:

"The better design they have now was completed after they held a public contest - $1000 prize for the best redesign of their site. That does not sound like a professional merchant account service..."

Is it the company you want to handle your billing and the ompany you want to have your bank information ?

LMFAOLOLRMAOIDGFAYIOGTEI...

•••
$1,000- is a large amount for wedsite redesign. What do you propose, that they hire a fulltime web design team? The cost of that will only result in higher expenses, which will eventually be passed on to their merchants in the form of higher transaction fees.

I respect 2checkout.com. Its just my alternate processor, but so far they have been good to me.

•••
This thread was to pass the facts. You make your own conclusions. I doesn't matter to me what your conclusions will be, it only matters to you.

If $1000 is a large amount for a site redesign then 2checkout.com is the best processor.

•••
I have some issue with them too ... as much as possible to use paypal ...

though still using as my second option of receiving payments.

:sick:

•••
Hi jj,

Just a question from a fellow Canadian. How does PaySystems pass on the money to you? It says that there are wire transfers to Canadian banks, but at what cost? And do their exchange rates embed hidden costs like Paypal? Thanks.

Added: Just found out, deep within the FAQs, that they have a $49 setup fee too. :|

Originally posted by jj2ii3344
When I was offering web hosting services several years ago, I had the possibility of either going with 2Checkout.com and PaySystems.com, due to the large amount of complains I heard from users of 2CO, I have decided to use PaySystems.com, who, in my opinion, is one of the best payment processing company within their particular market. Authorize.net is also a good one, but it may be expensive to set up.

Last edited:
•••
2Checkout.Com Scam

I was using 2checkout.com as a processor, for the last 3 days. I made a mistake entering my 'URL' they sent me an email. They closed my account down and kept all of my funds. I've been trying to get my money back sending emails, they do not respond. They took my money, and my account fees!

Do not use 2checkout there service is horrible.

Directly from 2checkout.com:

Dear Merchant,

The following comment was added by the 2CheckOut Team,

You cannot use 2checkout as your URL. What did you intend to use this account for?

[email protected]

2checkout is a scam

•••
I have also heard a lot of horror stories regarding 2checkout.com when I was in the web hosting industry. I personally prefer paysystems.com.

•••
I had very good experience with 2checkout.com. I love their service. But i feel sorry for others who had bad experience. It happens like this in this business, because they are just 3rd parties. Since i deal with only small transactions as far as 2checkout is concerned, i never worry. But if your main business is selling something online, Then you must have your own payment gateway.

•••
You cannot sell templates with 2checkout.
I believe it is one of those no no products.

I have only had positive success with 2checkout and Paypal.

•••
I have heard various stories of problems before, but I have used 2Checkout for a few years now and have had no such problems.

Only once did I not receive a payment from them ( wired into my bank here in the UK ), it took only one e-mail and it was recified immediately.

Maybe I am just lucky :)

All the best

Richard

•••
I've been using 2CO for the past two years as both a seller and buyer, and I have found them to be very reliable. They pay fast, directly into my bank account which is nice. I also like Paysystems.

As a consumer I trust merchants that use either 2CO or Paysystems. I am hesitant to use merchants with their own billing system because then I have to give them my credit card number and other info, and I don't really feel comfortable with that. With paysystems and 2CO that's not a problem. :tu:

Just my 2 cents...B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back