IT.COM

2CheckOut.com - BEWARE !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

_Yakov_

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
I went to TemplateMonster.com just the other day to purchase a template and they have several payment options there including 2CheckOut.com.
I bought from them before several times and everything was nice and smooth.
I paid trough 2checkout.com and got my template. I used my business card which has high credit line and there never ever have been any problems.

Next day I got a call from TemplateMonster.com saying my payment was cancelled by 2CheckOut.com due to fraud.
The guy from TemplateMonster.com didn't even ask for me to resubmit the payment, he sounded like he is use to chargebacks.

As 2checkout.com doesn’t provide support on weekends, I had to wait until today (Monday) to call them and to find out.

In mean time, I have completed one of my sites that offers informational service on how to share files over the internet, how to avoid viruses, gives ratings to different file sharing programs, teaches how to convert mp3 into WAV files etc.

It's important to note that there are multiple sites of the same kind as mine that are using 2checkout.com to process payments.
And this is basically what made me subscribe to 2checkout.com - I saw it on the same kind websites as mine. Otherwise I will never ever sign up to sites like 2chekout.com as their design and $49 sign up fee makes their site look like a scam.

Well, I signed up for a merchant account, set up the site, which was hard to do because I found 2ckeckout.com system very poorly set up and far from 'user friendly' and started promoting my new site, redirected some of my domains to it.

After 12 hours, there were 2 transaction processed totaling $69.90 in sales.
I get an email from 2checkout.com stating that 1 of 2 transaction was placed on hold due to fraud and they have to check it manually. Then in 30 minutes they emailed me saying they will not cancel the transaction because there is nothing wrong with it.

In the next 30 minutes I noticed that I cannot login to my 2checkout.com account and went to see if my site works fine and no, my site was no longer processing any transaction and 'check out' system returned some errors. Some time after I received an email from 2CheckOut.com containing 3 typographical errors in one sentence, saying they shut down my account.
Here is it:

Dear Merchant,

The following comment was added by the 2CheckOut Team,

I\ 'm sorry however,we no longer support this service. Account closed,should receive refund within 4 to 7 business days

[email protected]

As you can see no explanation was given whatsoever. I emailed them back but did not receive a reply.

I waited till today so i can call them and find out what's wrong with them.
I found out the fallowing:

My payment to TemplateMonster.com was canceled and it is now on it's way back to my bank. No further action of any kind will be taken.

My merchant account was cancelled because they decided that they don't process payments for websites that offer file sharing service, when in fact my site is legal and don't offer any service except informational. They don't care about the fact that they process transaction for multiple sites of the same kind either.
Furthermore, 2 sales that my site generated are getting cancelled by 2checkout.com.

I don't recall me receiving such a mistreatment during my entire business practice.
Moreover, they caused me over $300 in losses in 8 hours including the loss of potential revenue by canceling the service on selective basis. I’m thinking of contacting my local attorney to see if legal action is appropriate.

I can only imagine what loss they are causing to TemplateMonster.COM, when my $43 payment is being cancelled even though there is nothing wrong with the transaction and I even call them to confirm my authorization.

As i was amazed of this kind of non since and mistreatment, I went ahead and checked is
2checkoutsucks.com is available? Taken
2cosucks.com Taken by 2checkout.com - ha! These crooks are aware of their poor performance and had to register their all companynamesucks.com domain :laugh:
I had to be creative and I have registered 2cos.com which stands for 2 check out sucks. There will go my new sebsite.

2CheckOut.com - Eww ..!

<font color="#FF0000" style="font-size: 100pt" face="Bookman Old Style">BEWARE..!</font>

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I prefer to use paypal which is one of the biggest names and the most used.

Though it's not perfect it's good for the moment.

•••
Paypal is better than 2co. I am also looking at trying out stormpay. Not enough merchants accept it yet

•••
Yakov's problem could be some one of the few glitches. But it should not be tolerated.

•••
•••
You should get a PayPal account.

•••
We were using and selling with 2co. I refunded a customers money at my own will because the customer was a little dissatisfied with the delivery time on a product in the mail. $7 refund is what I gave the customer. This refund is what they claim is why they closed my account. Well about 4 months later I change my account to show My main company name instead of the site that the account was originally started for. This was done to cover the whole network of sites instead of a hosting receipt coming from an online car site. Well they locked up my account and never said anything. I try to login because no orders are coming in and find out I can't login. I email them and they are like "We don't know whats wrong but someone locked the account. Call us back later and ask for ###." So I do for a week and no response except that person is not here right now. So I demand to know something through email and they tell me I have to fill out form and fax it in. I do and they say they are not reopening my account do to high risk. Refund one customer in over a year and this is the thanks I get? Well I have to beg for my customer contact and pay dates and what they purchased and finally get it. It takes them another 3ish weeks to send my balance in my account.

Down with 2CO is my opinion. I will stick with paypal and looking for a new merchant account but will stay with paypal before I pay out the wazoo in fees to these other companies. Paypal gets you your money now. Not in 30-45 days after the customer makes a purchase like 2CO does.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back