Dynadot

discuss 24 character name ranking number 1 on Google

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was searching a location using latitude and longitude and guess what!
The first search result that comes up is this:

findlatitudeandlongitude.com

It was quite surprising seeing a 24 character name, something that I would never type in my browser as a type in, to be ranked number 1 on Google.

I guess, this is what search results until 2012 looked like when people would buy an exact match and rank it. But was a pleasant surprise.

Hypothetical Question: Will the owner upgrade to latitude.com or longitude.com or findlatitude.com or findlongitude.com if given a choice?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Find latitude / find longitude ...its different, as far as the owner is concerned. They clearly want it as latitude AND longitude, in the thing they're doing. Latitude / longitude dot com, maybe ...because its nice

In summary: Hard to say. If its a strong consideration, they'd do it. Maybe due to the search matches, they're happy as it is

Last edited:
•••
When I search (not Google) the top result is latlong.NET, another one is getlatlong.NET and another is a .ORG with a hyphen. It seems the high-stakes world of the latitude and longitude market is not that fussy.

•••
When I search (not Google) the top result is latlong.NET, another one is getlatlong.NET and another is a .ORG with a hyphen. It seems the high-stakes world of the latitude and longitude market is not that fussy.

Which search engine are you using, and why?

•••
since when domain length is a factor in ranking ??

•••
Which search engine are you using, and why?

DuckDuckGo (DDG), and sometimes Bing for translation and reverse image search, the reason being to de-Google as much as possible.

For the rare times I want to check Google (they sometimes have better/more Stackoverflow type results) I use startpage.com, which gets its results from Google, but with more privacy, but usually the result on DDG is good enough and often better.

I don't use myself, but there is also an open-source project https://searx.me with lots of instances to use.

•••
•••
@abstractdomainer that would make sense but i can assure you domain length have nothing to do with ranking

•••
I could out rank any name with relevant content.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back