Dynadot

question 1st private offer email

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bryanj2103

Established Member
Impact
Hello - I received my first private offer via email from someone who found my email via WHOIS. It was someone asking me to confirm that I owned the domain before sending the details of their client's offer. It came from @iNames-co-kr.info

I see that @iNames-co-kr is a legitimate domain registrant, but does the .info mean its just a scam? Does this happen often where people imitate being a real domain registrant? Has anyone ever worked with
@iNames-co-kr.info before?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did they ask you to pay for an appraisal? Or request you get one? If yes then it is a scam.....

•••
Scam, I recognize that email. Appraisal scam.
''Hello our client from South Korea wants to buy domain name xxx.com, blablabla please confirm you are owner so we can send details''.
When you reply they offer $40,000 but ask you to get appraisal certificate from third party that cost $300.

•••
Did they ask you to pay for an appraisal? Or request you get one? If yes then it is a scam.....

No, they didn't. Not yet, at least. I just confirmed that I'm the owner and asked them to send me the details of the offer. Still waiting to hear back..

•••
Scam, I recognize that email. Appraisal scam.
''Hello our client from South Korea wants to buy domain name xxx.com, blablabla please confirm you are owner so we can send details''.
When you reply they offer $40,000 but ask you to get appraisal certificate from third party that cost $300.

Ah, that's exactly what it says. Damnit.

•••
Probably a scam but if you have not already signed up, use epik or dan to create free pages to list your names for sale and put a min bid on the name...100, 200, 500...based on its value.

Then tell this person to type in the name and enter an offer. This will weed out alot of the scammer fruitcakes trying to push the appraisal scam.

•••
In first email he/she ask about confirmation of domain owner after your reply he/she will send you 2nd email which ask you for appraisal.

•••
sorry to hear that you got fooled
I know the feeling

just move on

•••
The scam holds out for last minute before asking for paid appraisal few emails back and forth. The worse the domain better it probably works.
Newbies join here for the free appraisals only to insult anyone giving opinions all because they have offers.. emails similar...

•••
•••
Thanks for the help everyone. The scammer sent me a link to a shady Telegram group where I couldn't post any messages and did direct me to order a special type of certificate for the "buyer". It's a sad world.

•••
People should spend time to read especially here on NP to be fully informed about happenings in this market.

•••
Scam.

Unfortunately some people fall for the scams, and realize afterwards.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back