IT.COM

advice Advice needed: Is this a potential domain broker scam?

NameSilo
Watch

Ned Lee

Established Member
Impact
Hello All!

I received an offer from a domain broker with an email @vangus-co-il.info
Any of you guys ever received any offer from such email? Is this a potential domain broker scam or legit? Thanks in advance !

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another possible round of scams

Just received one of those Godaddy/ICAAN requests to forward email to me from someone who is interested in buying a domain.

Email address:

authorize-(country name).info

I checked whois and the senders domain was registered 3-days ago at GD.

I should point out that the sender could have easily just sent an email to my business email that is publicly listed on the landing page of that domain name, or purchased the domain quite cheaply through GD auction listing BIN, but they have instead chosen to go this route which, if I replied, would expose my private email address that domain is registered under.

I get the impression that these requests are made to find out your domain registration private email address.

Has anyone else received one of these?

If they emailed you directly to your biz email, the mail host would most probably flag it as spam or outright reject it.

The email coming from the registrar forwarding service is less likely to be flagged as spam, and new people might think it is legitimate.

They want your email address so they can scam and spam you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back