1and1

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.X.

In God I TrustTop Member
Impact
How good is this reg? Pushing names easy? Any feed back on 1and1

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Are you asking for an appraisal, comments or both?

What do you mean by "pushing names easy?"..You need to make you sentences complete or explain yourself better if your expecting a decent response, IMO.

Also what is the ext?

1and1 is brandable and easy to remember. Knowing the ext. would help to appraise it.

•••
Might want to read the reviews on 1and1 here at NP before you do anything there.

•••
GreenGambler said:

What do you mean by "pushing names easy?"..You need to make you sentences complete or explain yourself better if your expecting a decent response, IMO.

Also what is the ext?

1and1 is brandable and easy to remember. Knowing the ext. would help to appraise it.

Ohhh... LOL.. OK I apparently have not crossed paths w/ 1and1 yet. :) I thought when you abreviated reg. ... you meant a newly reg'd DN.

Your original post now makes complete sense to me...

My Bad...LMAO

Cheers.

•••
•••
-X- said:
How good is this reg? Pushing names easy? Any feed back on 1and1

You've been here for quite a long time. I wonder you haven't heard any bad of 1and1? :|

•••
one of the worst in the industry.

•••
I dont think 1and1 allows pushes... not sure though. I signed up for their free .info deal and haven't used them for anything else...

•••
slipxaway said:
I dont think 1and1 allows pushes... not sure though. I signed up for their free .info deal and haven't used them for anything else...

I believe they do allow pushes, but I think there's a fee.

•••
They do not offer a free push (or as far as I am aware any form of push at all).

I think 1 and 1 would be fine if you have no plans on selling the domain name nor have any intentions of letting it drop after a year or so (people keep getting charged for domains that dropped some time ago)

•••
fab said:
You've been here for quite a long time. I wonder you haven't heard any bad of 1and1? :|

I've heard of them,I just don't remember the threads on them,Should have looked in the reviews section though,forgot about that aswell-lol...Sounds like they are aweful!

•••
i have about 12 domains parked with 1and1, and i transfered one to another person already, and so far, i've had no problems with 1and1. they have flash tutorials that show you how to do everything, and their website layout is easy to manouver. In any case, i use them , and i've never had any problems .

•••
fab said:

Indeed i have..about a year longer than you ...SA!

•••
If you want to have control over your domains, don't go with 1and1 (but I would choose them over Yahoo :/)

•••
1+1 are total rubbish.
just remember this: nobody will buy your domain without the transfer being effected out of 1+1 and to another registrar before they will pay you.
using 1+1 as a domainer will cost you money.

•••
I think you can tell a lot about a registrar by the speed of their support.

Try emailing 1and1 and see how quickly they respond. Last time I contacted them, which was about 6 months ago, it took them nearly 8 days to answer a simple question. Says it all really.

Fortunately I've never used them nor will I ever.

•••
•••
•••
GreenGambler said:

Also what is the ext?

You do not know what a domain name ext is. You don't seem to know what a domain name push is. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

•••
I cannot say this very often, but I have never heard one good thing about domain registrations at 1&1 both from friends and members of forums.

•••
.info domain is free for new customers there otherwise it's slow at nameserver changes.

prices makes it big, but support is very much bad. no replies for weeks

•••
-X- said:
You do not know what a domain name ext is. You don't seem to know what a domain name push is. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK

I said what is the ext.? Not what is a ext. When I thought he was asking for an appraisal. Did you even read my post or did you just decide you wanted to make a smart comment? Also I do know what a push is, I've pushed many names. If you fully read my original post and my follow up post you would see that I caught my mistake. And no, even though my original post was incorrect I am not going to edit it, because that's how I am "real". I saw my mistake, corrected myself and am keeping it real.

Don't be a smart a$$.

•••
I hosted with 1&1 for one year and registered some domains there, and it was absolutely the worst hosting/domain experience of my life. Their servers went down often, there control panel is one of the worst in the business, their support staff consists of people who are only capable of copying and pasting from their FAQ, and they make it ridiculous to cancel/transfer anything away from them. I had to call them up about 3 times, and send five different faxes just to get them to cancel my hosting package. I would stay as far away from 1&1 as possible.

Tom

•••
just stick to DomainSite or GoDaddy or Enom ...

They're the best out there!

•••
jeter4982 said:
I hosted with 1&1 for one year and registered some domains there, and it was absolutely the worst hosting/domain experience of my life. Their servers went down often,

Strange their server uptime was the only thing I could not fault with them. I did not experience any downtime at all.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back