1and1

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.X.

In God I TrustTop Member
Impact
How good is this reg? Pushing names easy? Any feed back on 1and1

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow, it's quite a bashing that 1and1 is getting huh? :)

i've seen many of their adverts in print media and had always had a good impression of them... but i guess actual feedback counts more.

•••
•••
I registered a couple of dot com domain names with 1and1 a few months ago for 0.99
https://www.namepros.com/threads/99-cent-domains-yes-read-here.770592/page-2#post-6297175
These are for a new website business and forum I created. I went ahead and transferred them recently to my main registrar Dynadot (DD) for 8.15 which is pretty much my rate with DD for dot coms

The transfer was seamless, easy and quick. All I did was unlock the domains in my 1and1 control panel, get the Auth transfer codes, and give those to DD when I did the payment and transfer. Then I received first an email from DD asking me to click to verify the transfer, then another one from 1and1 to click and verify the same, and transfer was immediate. These emails landed in the WhoIs contact email for the domains. All standard procedure.

As usual with transfers, nameservers remained intact including private nameservers with corresponding IP address. One of the domains was forwarded and forwarding does not remain intact had to re-set that.

I did notice a $1. authorization on my credit card by 1and1 after the transfer. Strange. Let's see if it turns into an actual charge.

Last edited:
•••
$1 will be refunded within minutes... it is just to verify your card.

•••
I think you are right that it's just an authorization. It's weird tho, why verify my card when all I am doing is transferring domains out of 1and1?

•••
This is how their billing works... it checks the card on file periodically...
You may set your payment method to PayPal if you don't like such checks.

•••
Yes the $1. authorization dropped off after one day. Now I have an empty 1and1 account, lol, the domains in it were transferred to DynaDot.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back