Dynadot

Is 1and1.com Reliable for Buying & Selling Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

domedomain

Established Member
Impact
I see 1and1.com regularly have offers for cheap domain names at $0.99 or $1.99.. Are they reliable? Is it easy to transfer to another user or transfer to another registrar if I make a sale?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
...Are they reliable? Is it easy to transfer to another user
Domain push between accounts costs a 1 year renewal fee at 1&1's full rate.
or transfer to another registrar if I make a sale?
No problem with this.

•••
There are already tons of threads on here about this - why a new one?

Just google phrases like "1&1 sucks" or "1&1 stole my domain" or "1&1 collection agency".

I wouldn't buy an aftermarket domain that was at 1&1. They are more trouble than it is worth and many have lost domains there.

•••
...I wouldn't buy an aftermarket domain that was at 1&1. They are more trouble than it is worth and many have lost domains there.
No pain at all if you are willing to finalize the deal transferring the domain out (the seller proving EPP code). Been there, done that. Seamless :xf.smile:

•••
It's never worth the risk dealing with 1&1, they are totally untrustworthy and many have lost domains to them and been chased by their collection agency for money they did not owe, or been charged for services they did not receive - including being billed for renewals on domains no longer at 1&1.

In fact I wonder if 1&1 have anything to do with all these new threads? We don't get many asking is Registrar XYZ ok.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/internet/1and1.html - check out the reviews and 1&1 operating method.

•••
yes you can trust on 1and1 it is not more popular but trustable.

•••
•••
Many people seem to be happy with 1and1 but from what I have heard and experienced first hand I would recommend you stay away.

If you are after cheap registration you could try Fasthost.co.uk which many of us on the forum have been using for a while and are happy with.

•••
"Should I use 1and1 to register my name for a $1" - it's like asking: "should I stab myself in the eye with a dirty fork to save a few bucks".

Well, actually it's 1and1 that is doing the stabbing - and then they send collection agency if you don't want to pay a medical bill.

•••
Thanks for the reply guys

If you are after cheap registration you could try Fasthost.co.uk which many of us on the forum have been using for a while and are happy with.

Thanks, I never knew they have such cheap domains. Are they unlimited for each buyer or are there limits to how many domains a person can buy?

•••
Thanks for the reply guys

Thanks, I never knew they have such cheap domains. Are they unlimited for each buyer or are there limits to how many domains a person can buy?

Some of us have thousands of names with them. No limit so far

•••
Unlimited :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I dont find any problem with 1&1 so far.
I have more than 300 domains.

•••
•••
no limit... and its good

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back