Dynadot

.org 16 years in Business - Still almost making mistake!!!

NameSilo
Watch

johnn

WeSellName.comTop Member
Impact
I spend around $1,500 a month to renew names. Some I renew some I drop.
Last month I was about to drop an .org name which has not much potential in my opinion.
For some reasons I clicked to renew and got an email from Afternic/Godaddy agent last week asked me what is the bin because they have someone who is interested in the name.

I pulled my hair, flipped the coins and told them $2,000.
They came back and asked me if I am ok for $4,000

After 5 seconds serious thinking I said yes. Got pay 3 days ago - Fast transfer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I spend around $1,500 a month to renew names. Some I renew some I drop.
Last month I was about to drop an .org name which has not much potential in my opinion.
For some reasons I clicked to renew and got an email from Afternic/Godaddy agent last week asked me what is the bin because they have someone who is interested in the name.

After 5 seconds serious thinking I said yes. Got pay 3 days ago - Fast transfer.

Congrats and thanks for sharing!

That's something interesting to see Afternic tried and were able to get double your asking price even though you quoted 2K. Great stuff by Afternic and I consider it fairly done as Afternic knows better who the other party is and thought your asking price was less than what the name deserved.

•••
The name is Gratitude s
Please do not comment about the new owner.
I hand-reg this one 10 years ago.

•••
Also sold LLL.net last month for 3K same venue
EIE

•••
Yes, that's domaining - you never know when a name will be picked up from a buyer.
Congrats! (y)

•••
•••
They offered double what you asked ? Why can't they all be like that. :-P

•••
Nice sale. Being patient is hard but it sometimes pays off. I think it's likely that the buyer approached Afternic with a price in mind (probably 4K or somewhere in that general range). Then Afternic reached out to ask for the price. It was 2K. Naturally Afternic went for the higher price. That's my take on it, anyway.

Last edited:
•••
Nice Flip,

May I get your coin please!

•••
•••

That's like finally getting a hot girl to go back to your place.
Then she says "Can my supermodel sister come too?"

•••
got an email from Afternic/Godaddy agent last week

Your eMail inspired me to check my mailbox that I only look at during domain management, and sure enough there was an eMail (sent a week ago) from a GoDaddy rep asking me my price range on a domain, and they were wondering if I was interested in selling it to their client.

I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks Johnn!

Congratulations on your good fortune!

•••
nice.. looks like that set you up for 2-3 months of renewals! ;)

keep them comng!

p.s. maybe you should post some or all the names you drop on np for sale.. could make you some money.. I mean dropping 10 year old names must be just heartbreaking without even making a penny back!

Last edited:
•••
Nice!

This is domaining. It might take a long time to sell some names. In 2018, I sold Silvershine dot king at BIN, after owning it for 20 years. Just an example.

•••
Congrats John...belated Christmas present :xf.wink:

•••
•••
This is wrong? The buyer hires Afternic as buyer's broker and gives them a budget.

Afternic Agent - Domain Broker
Don't let the domain name you want get away. Use an Afternic Agent to negotiate on your behalf.
It's easy. Just submit an offer through an Afternic Agent and we'll do the rest. Our domain brokers will contact the domain owner, present an offer on your behalf, and negotiate the best deal possible.

They should have passed your $2,000 asking price to the buyer. He paid them for this service.

•••
This is wrong? The buyer hires Afternic as buyer's broker and gives them a budget.

Don't let the domain name you want get away. Use an Afternic Agent to negotiate on your behalf.
It's easy. Just submit an offer through an Afternic Agent and we'll do the rest. Our domain brokers will contact the domain owner, present an offer on your behalf, and negotiate the best deal possible.

They should have passed your $2,000 asking price to the buyer. He paid them for this service.

This is one of the reason I don't want to post anymore. Everything is negative.
I am sharing my sales to motivate other members. I am not asking you to investigate Afternic.

Why don't you think the buyert sent $4k offer to Afternic before Afternic sending email to me?
Or Afternic just send me $2K as I asked and keep $2K for themselves?

Last edited:
•••

his post does not imply buyer hired broker. more like a price request via afternic. in which case broker's job is to get best price for himself/his company/seller.
its how it works for all sales and brokers. which is why most of them do not even care or ask you for bin price.. and just ask you for floor/reserve price.

•••
Afternic are solid and professional guys. this post will also motivate them :)

•••
I don’t think he set a BIN / floor within his Afternic account. If he had those would have become public and he would have been obligated to sell at those prices.

I think all he did was respond to an email with a private indication of what he wanted.

•••
Yeah, those "You have had an inquiry, please post a BIN" messages from Afternic are far different and much more plentiful.

•••
•••
lovely bit of news, must admit my days of holding 2,000 plus domains are long gone, All those unexpected sales that came out the blue, were the real icing on the cake.

Slightly off subject but, me laugh the other day when someone mentioned anyone having held domains for 10 to 20 years as being unable to sell. If you ain't ten years ahead in this game, then you ain't even in it

•••
•••
Back