IT.COM

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The way I got into it was people offered to pay me in bitcoin, clients, including internet clients. Since it was irreversible, I just said, sure. That's the reason I accepted it in the beginning, because with internet clients an irreversible form of payment to me sounded appealing. They kept paying me, going back over 8 years now, and I just kept holding it. I still accept it and don't sell it. If I'd accepted cash all along the way, assuming I saved the cash and didn't spend it, still the total sum of the cash received would be FAR less than the value of the BTC is now.

I still believe in it long term, and most every day, or every few days anyway, another client wants to pay me in BTC, and I say, bring 'em!
Well this must be a regional occurrence, or maybe you area of speciality somewhere in the Bay Area dealing with new business incorporations or something. It’s great if buyers are happy to pay; and your happy to accept that is all you really need in function.

I agree the utility of bitcoin even in namepros itself is a beautiful thing, low fees, no holding time, but everyone still uses PayPal, why?

Last edited:
•••
I will accept PayPal from people I don't know, but I have security measures in place, such as receiving it friends and family, or if they are overseas and friends and family is not an option, insisting that the client interaction be via the same email used to make the payment. Bitcoin is just much better, it is irreversible.

I have a merchant account but I got burned by a few fraudsters overseas who later claimed "uanauthorized" so for overseas clients that I do not know, I accept only bitcoin or PP (or bank wire). For within the US clients even if I do not know them, I will still accept a regular credit card payment have not had an issue with them yet, but I have an advanced authorization system that verifies for US issued credit cards that they are paying me with the email address attached to their credit card.

Last edited:
•••
I will accept PayPal from people I don't know, but I have security measures in place, such as receiving it friends and family, or if they are overseas and friends and family is not an option, insisting that the client interaction be via the same email used to make the payment. Bitcoin is just much better, it is irreversible.
I have seen lawyers accept everything from artwork to Samurai swords, sometimes it’s the nature of the business, just as long as they get paid.

•••
Yeah, exactly lol. But dealing with real world clients who walk into your office is different from internet clients, especially if they are not at all local to you.

•••
Question: Is now a good time to shore up capital to prepare buy bitcoin below 3k?
Question, Why do need bitcoin? i.e Capital growth, Treasury Hedging, Wealth preservation. What's it's personal appeal to you

Which is why i said bitcoin was a great laboratory rat. Its been used in many ways but seems to me everybody has a different reason & opinion of what they need it for. i.e. Physical Gold storage is for wealth preservation only nobody cares if the prices moves up or down, It serves one purpose

Last edited:
•••
Well with gold my family has physical gold that they got pre-gold standard. Obviously the value of that is exponentially beyond mere wealth preservation. And then I have bullion that I got in the late β€˜90s. And bullion that I got as recently as last year and also a bunch in 2015 and 2016. So the β€œflatness” of gold’s value depends on exactly when you got it. There are times when gold and silver went down too.

I mean there are all sorts of ways to buy and hold value. I have a 6239 Rolex Cosmograph I got when I was a kid. And a 6241 and 6265 from about twelve years ago. Those keep going up in value. With even a non-Paul Newman 6239 nowadays selling at $75k I’d think no way that could be a good investment but its rarity seems to be shooting it up constantly.

This is part of the hope with btc that its increasing scarcity will shoot up its value. BTC isn’t a vintage Rolex but the analogy isn’t entirely off.

Anyway with all of these things - industry leader stocks like amzn aapl , industry leader crypto like bitcoin, gold, vintage collectibles - you have to decide if you’re going to be a short term trader or long term investor. Sell, see the price drop, slap yourself on the back, but then watch its value jump higher and if you’re not back in, you’ve sold yourself short.

β€œYou cannot get rich with a weather vane,” Buffett said i.e. market timing doesn't work.

•••
NavCoin is the only coin I know that has some future in my opinion and that's, because the developers did at no time care about all the hype and any marketing. Now it has a solid community that actively contributes and it has a community fund. The team is also developing Valence, a decentralized app.

This is the future of crypto if there is any...

•••
NavCoin is the only coin I know that has some future in my opinion and that's, because the developers did at no time care about all the hype and any marketing. Now it has a solid community that actively contributes and it has a community fund. The team is also developing Valence, a decentralized app.

This is the future of crypto if there is any...

there is 2000 coins or so... and around 7 billion opinions.. seriously... we can do this all day long, every day, til we die.

•••
•••
Interesting.

There was a recent pop in BTC. I noticed it because I received a bunch of client payments at a few hundred dollar lower, valuation level. I dunno why the pop, if there was a reason at all.

•••
Interesting.

There was a recent pop in BTC. I noticed it because I received a bunch of client payments at a few hundred dollar lower, valuation level. I dunno why the pop, if there was a reason at all.

Twitter & Google both this week with real genuine positive PR in the same week can't hurt.

Twitter with the integration news. G's AI is watching what people do with their crypto essentially means once enough data supports what the market want's we'll build our own.

Last edited:
•••
there is 2000 coins or so... and around 7 billion opinions.. seriously... we can do this all day long, every day, til we die.

Yeah, but I guess the majority of these ~ 2000 coins will die before that if they are not dead already or in some sort of undead state.

There are projects that had a huge hype last year and now they are dead, almost dead or turned out to be a scam. From what I have observed in this space (I didn't check alle the ~2000 coins though), NavCoin is one of the few coins where development of the product was and is constantly ongoing and the market didn't bother anyone except those who "invested" real money in it.

I guess everyone has his/her coin, but the community fund system is something that is extremely rare (I think Nav was first with that specific type of fund).

•••
  1. JP Morgan is rolling out the first US bank-backed cryptocurrency to transform payments business
    • Engineers at the lender have created the "JPM Coin," a digital token that will be used to instantly settle transactions between clients of its wholesale payments business.
    • Only a tiny fraction of payments will initially be transmitted using the cryptocurrency, but the trial represents the first real-world use of a digital coin by a major U.S. bank.
    • While J.P. Morgan's Jamie Dimon has bashed bitcoin as a "fraud," the bank chief and his managers have consistently said blockchain and regulated digital currencies held promise.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/13/jp-...d-cryptocurrency-to-transform-payments--.html

•••
CryptoRelics.png

Sorry had to :)

•••
so almost 5k per btc 2day

anyone selling today?

buying?

read the hike is due to single whale buying 20k btc. true?

I sit on 0.3btc only lol
domain sale few months back.
the only btc I ever owned.

guess I'll keep it for few years.. see if the 100k/btc predictions turn out true.

or sell in a panic if I see it approach 0$ hahah

Last edited:
•••
I’ve steered clear of bitcoin, been trading altcoins for a while now, but no huge money it, at least not for me lol

Last edited:
•••
so almost 5k per btc 2day

anyone selling today?

buying?

read the hike is due to single whale buying 20k btc. true?

I sit on 0.3btc only lol
domain sale few months back.
the only btc I ever owned.

guess I'll keep it for few years.. see if the 100k/btc predictions turn out true.

or sell in a panic if I see it approach 0$ hahah

Yeah, I think because ppl are FOMO'ing in Twitter about 5.5k pump because we broke 4.2k resistance? Idk. But that whale got FOMO'd.

•••
Coinbase are giving away crypto for taking some lessons from them.

https://www.coinbase.com/earn (not referral link)

Crypto from lessons
$3 of ZRX
$3 of ZEC
$10 of BAT
$10 of XLM + $40 if you invite 4 people.

Hope this helps some of you, 5 minute classes.
There is a small waiting list, no out of pocket.

•••
•••
oh wow everything going up..
I wonder for how long..

maybe it'll come down
biggest canada exchange lost 190million

didnt read too carefully but first glance looks like not even a case of lost private keys or what not.. but rather just a laptop access password impossible to decrypt... I thought those were not imposible to decrypt... with proper tools .. people.. or even laptop manufacturer help.. bit like involving apple to unlock phones etc..

not sure if there is even a dead body to look at here.. or just a certificate .... fishy as hell

https://www.ccn.com/190m-gone-how-canada-biggest-bitcoin-exchange-lost-it

more twists and turns...

the cold wallets were just found to be empty since round april 2018...

the dead guy made testament 12 days before death...

widow's estate asset houses etc frozen while court case pending..

and criminal past of the "dead" guy revealed:

https://www.ccn.com/the-criminal-past-of-quadriga-co-founder-has-been-revealed

I guess when comes to cryptos and exchanges closing etc... its basically never what it seems to be on surface huh

meanwhile.. btc just doesn't wanna die.. 5.3k.

Last edited:
•••
oh wow everything going up..
I wonder for how long..

maybe it'll come down

more twists and turns...

the cold wallets were just found to be empty since round april 2018...

the dead guy made testament 12 days before death...

widow's estate asset houses etc frozen while court case pending..

and criminal past of the "dead" guy revealed:

https://www.ccn.com/the-criminal-past-of-quadriga-co-founder-has-been-revealed

I guess when comes to cryptos and exchanges closing etc... its basically never what it seems to be on surface huh

meanwhile.. btc just doesn't wanna die.. 5.3k.

YEAH MADE SOME SAILZ, AND I WANNA BUY SOME BTC BUT IT WONT CRASH ALREAADI!?!?!?!

i hate when we can't tell if it's going to bull or it's just a trap because when every1 says it's goign to crash, but it goes up a couple hundred anyway... so ur stuck controlling ur fears and FOMO :tightlyclosedeyes:

•••
Welcome to the world of stocks, bonds, currencies, precious metals, commodities (even, real estate, collectibles) and other tradeable investments. If we knew what was going to happen, we'd be zillionaires.

But, if you're not in, you know what will happen for you. Nothing.

Last edited:
•••
Welcome to the world of stocks, bonds, currencies, precious metals, commodities, real estate, collectibles and other tradeable investments. If we knew what was going to happen, we'd be zillionaires.

But, if you're not in, you know what will happen for you. Nothing.

true.. but still.. sometimes nothing is better than a loss...

so whats your prediction for btc down the road? zero or 100k?

i mean if you really think about it.. if you own at least one btc today, that still puts you in relatively small group of people worldwide.. when yuo substract all the lost/unretrievable btc.. etc.. so evening owning 1 btc is pretty rare thing today! almost like a rarity.. and rarities often can end up being valuable down the road :)

•••
okay I refound it... its probably around 500k people who own at least 1btc...

"Out of these 500,000 potential individuals who might hold at least 1BTC, we should cut at least 100,000 (20%), and we'll have 400k. So, we don't know how many people have at least 1BTC, but it is surely no more than 400,000 individuals as of today (December 26, 2017)"

21 million total btc available (which apparently they can up by changing protocol)... and about 2k btc mined per day..

Last edited:
•••
if you own at least one btc today, that still puts you in relatively small group of people worldwide...
Well, I own a lot more than 1 btc, and I have been accumulating and holding (even before I myself had heard of it being called hodling) since 2011. I still accept and receive btc and other crypotocurrencies from any client who wishes to pay me in that fashion, and do continue to receive some almost every week. All, I hodl. I have never sold any. I am way ahead over all, versus the value of what I received if I had simply received cash and ratholed it as solely cash.

That I continue to hodl, means that I am hopeful of substantial increases in value over the long term, eclipsing even November/December 2017, prices.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back