NameSilo

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Truthfully, you have more of a chance to have money fluctuate in bitcoin, than domains.
There are millions of domains out there, and not many look to pay $x,xxx for a domain, besides the select few of end users. Usually, it also takes a long time for a domain to sell unless you're a pro.

Bitcoin on the other hand, just seems to be growing and growing; some experts even see bitcoin hitting $50,000 in a year. Bitcoin, you could always pull away cash with the slightest lost, but with a domain if it doesn't sell it's pure loss.
Bitcoin it's easier to lose and gain money, but in domaining it's harder to gain money and easier to lose your investment.

Just my take on it.

•••
If you bought 5 bitcoins at $200 each for a total of $1,000 - they'd be worth $50,000 today. I believe it was that price a couple of years ago. I don't see a lot of $1k options 2 years ago for domains that would equate to $50k today. Both have their risks but looks like Crypto is a better bet for the cash at this point.

•••
You should move to cryptocurrency, so that i have less competitors in domain field :smuggrin:

•••
Just to throw another word in for domains versus crypto....I just keep selling domains.

Just today, a domain I won on here on NP 11/31/2017 for $5 is on auction and is over $300 in just pre-bidding. Already at 60x my money.

•••
I have not posted here probably in 8 years or more. I was huge in poker and as poker affiliate before. Many years ago I bought bitcoin to pay a programmer in another country. Only bought 300 of them at 1 buck each. Then the programmer wanted Western Union. I finally recovered the hard drive with the key after looking in a warehouse of storage. I gave the computer to my mother who somehow stored it. Mother said she threw the computer out years ago. When I was cleaning out her storage I found it... like finding a lottery ticket.
I made fortune as a online poker affiliate and lost it all when it crashed in April 2011. I cant tell you want is like to have income from 20K/month go to $80/month overnight. I lost my home, my health, and even had to sleep in my van for a while. The lord works in mysterious ways.

•••
That's me waiting for my Coinbase transaction to go thru...

463407349.jpg

•••
Domains ✅ Crypto ✅

CryptoCorp.com 💎

Last edited:
•••
Maybe

BTC/USD - 1=10000$
Needed invest in January 2016, when
BTC costs 200-380$

Last edited:
•••
•••
Either the world has gone mad or the dollar is toast.

•••
If people are able to selloff, that means there are buyers, so not much will be lost. Additionally, the market will still re-grow to its current state and more overtime, and the rate it's going at now it'll be very very quick.

Also, don't forget bitcoin hit 10k earlier today & Bitcoin was around 4k in August (4 months, and +6k)

My wife and I made a decision Sept of 2016 to invest a healthy amount in BTC.
I sold "my half" she held hers.... either way we are extremely happy with the roi.
With other Alt coins in our holdings, including etherium, ripple etc the future looks good.

•••
This happens every year in mid-January...

januarydip.png

•••
It’s Buying time!! Picked up a few for $3945

•••
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

Thread was started on Nov. 28 2017

As far as Bitcoin
Nov. 28 2017- about $10,300 (when thread was started)
Jan. 29 2017 - about $916 (4 years ago)
Jan. 29 2021 - about $35,000 (today)

So I dipped a little toe in last week.

For those that got into this years ago, just even 4 years ago, more than 35x in regards to Bitcoin. That must be a good feeling.

For those starting now, late to the game? I can't imagine the price now being at 35x in the future. Maybe 2x? But 3, 4, 5? Even at 2x, Bitcoin at $70,000. I think domains would be better investment (for me) since I can get 2x all day long if I accepted low offers. I'm just day 1 rookie tho, lotto money stage with Bitcoin. Just might throw some money over every now and then and watch how it goes, learn more about it.

Will go back and read this thread, first page seeing people getting excited at Bitcoin hitting $10,000, now we're at $35,000. Even 4 years ago would have been a great time to jump in.

Kind of curious where people are holding. Online, offline wallets, what markets being used etc. Think I will jot it down as I read and keep track, little check marks besides each one.

Last edited:
•••
Doge isn’t sustainable. The supply is too great to reasonably go higher. It’s overpriced as is.

Same goes for the other copycat coins. Infinite supply is no good. Doge and others are why I bought badcoin.com. It should be developed into a warning site for these pump and dumps.

Last edited:
•••
If I fully understood the ins-and-outs of crypto and had the time and emotional fortitude to ride the rollercoaster, I might say crypto. That's easy to say after the significant gains from a few months ago (until this most recent drop).

As it currently stands, it's too volatile to be an attractive investment for me. I like domains because except for a little administrative work, research, and the thrill of the "chase," it doesn't require too much of my time. And although domain values will vary somewhat depending on the buyer, seller, and the name, I know that even in the worst market conditions, a solid domain isn't going to lose its value practically overnight.

Don't get me wrong, crypto and NFTs are exciting technology, and are here to stay. I see the value in the "big picture" sense, and I have friends who were smart to get in 5-7 years ago.

I just prefer to own relevant names than to worry about apes, BTC, and doge. Too many people are wrapped up in fluctuating prices and trying to mine gold - and even though that has certainly been profitable for a lot of people - I prefer to sit on the sidelines, and sell them shovels.

Following the daily movements of a market would drive me crazy from stocks to anything else.

I tried day trading stocks in the past, and while it worked out alright it was not for me. You become obsessed over movements. It can be all you think about.

I just prefer investing long term in things I believe in.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
More Than $600 Million Stolen In Ethereum And Other Cryptocurrencies—Marking One Of Crypto’s Biggest Hacks Ever.

Link

•••
Made & making way more than 10X+ from both segments (Crypto + Domains). Long term hold of good assets can bring us good results down the line. We all make mistakes including myself. Nobody can predict exact point of entry or exit. Consistent accumulation worked wonder for me.

•••
I can not buy bitcoins where I can buy domains anytime

I tried to buy and opened many accounts and sent documents but nothing is working for me.
Bitcoin is actually pretty easy to acquire.
First off, there are established sites like coinbase, wesellcrypto and glidera which allow for the purchase of bitcoin. Then, there are many forums where you could do a User to User exchange, but usually there is a fee. Then, you can always acquire a domain for example, and sell it for bitcoin. Mining is also an option for users with a large stock of GPUs, CPUs, Machines, etc.

You can also grow bitcoin more easily, investing and gambling are two of the options (I don't condone gambling). Then, bitcoin also extends to many more cryptocurrencies, and altcoins could also make you quite a bit of cash, if you use your time and resources to the fullest extent.

Finally, you could always "cheat" a way to buy bitcoin. Some altcoins allow an option to purchase with paypal (ex. potcoin), then you could go to any trading site (bittrex, poloniex, kraken, etc.), deposit the altcoin and then sell for bitcoin and you got yourself some bitcoin cash.

A quick guide to earn bitcoin.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not selling Bitcoin - I believe the technical term for what I am doing is hodl. :)
With Jamie Dimon dissing Bitcoin publicly, and buying it privately, I think it can only go up. Others are accumulating it as well.

•••
I hate to advise anyone to get into a stock or something like btc when it is at an all time high. However, as contradictory as it may sound, often the time to buy a stock or investment is on its way up not down.

I expect btc to go up over all over time long term including from here but there will be intermediate ups and down. I had a vision that it would reach 11,500 then drop back to 9500 and eventually go to 13,000. We shall see. I am not selling, been accumulating and holding since 2013, and I will accumulate more btc even at these levels.

If it hits 25000 next year will consider selling. Consider. Not definitely.

Last edited:
•••
One’s assets should be divided up. Stocks. Bonds. Collectibles/art/jewelry/watches. Collectible automobiles. Airplanes. Yachts. Cash in mattress. Funds in bank. Crypto currencies. Patents and other IP. Businesses. Business inventory such as domains, and tangible inventory. Real estate. Other personal property. Some might have all of the above some might have some of the above. Whatever floats your boat but not all eggs in one basket.

Last edited:
•••
If I knew about the bitcoin future 5 years ago, I would have stop focusing on domains and become a multi millionaire from just buying BTC. So would most of us, I guess.

Bitcoin is mostly speculation, while being a domainer is a combination of knowledge, hard work AND speculation. I personally think it's hard to compare these two...

Last edited:
•••
What do you guys think of a thread here to buy/sell bitcoin, the feedback system is already in place?

I am seeing more domainers wanting bitcoins instead of paypal, and I think it is a smart move.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back