IT.COM

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There's a sea of red across the crypto board.
Is anyone in the green with anything if so what?

My ETH has me bleeding but my SYS just made me 7%.

•••
yeah.. this sucks.

I hope no one bought bch at 1400$

•••
my 4k of tron at 15 cent
is now 1cent

I want a refund

•••
my 4k of tron at 15 cent
is now 1cent

I want a refund
You can buy domain from me and pay by any crypto, eg: tron

•••
my 4k of tron at 15 cent
is now 1cent

I want a refund

OMG dude I'm so sorry...
You can't sell that, you're forced to hold until half of what you lost is recovered.

•••
OMG dude I'm so sorry...
You can't sell that, you're forced to hold until half of what you lost is recovered.

hahah

yes I know. I was laughing at myself for being stupid to buy it for 15 cents

no point selling now for sure.

good news about tron at 1 cent is that it can't really go much lower hahha

hey could have been worse... I could have listened to carlos and bitconnect and bought there hahah

•••
hahah

yes I know. I was laughing at myself for being stupid to buy it for 15 cents

no point selling now for sure.

good news about tron at 1 cent is that it can't really go much lower hahha

hey could have been worse... I could have listened to carlos and bitconnect and bought there hahah

crypto use satoshi not cent and I hope that the price will dump more.

•••
•••
I had gotten rid of my crypto long ago. I have $3 worth of eth left. Trying to figure out what to spend it on.

•••
biggest canada exchange lost 190million

didnt read too carefully but first glance looks like not even a case of lost private keys or what not.. but rather just a laptop access password impossible to decrypt... I thought those were not imposible to decrypt... with proper tools .. people.. or even laptop manufacturer help.. bit like involving apple to unlock phones etc..

not sure if there is even a dead body to look at here.. or just a certificate .... fishy as hell

https://www.ccn.com/190m-gone-how-canada-biggest-bitcoin-exchange-lost-it

Last edited:
•••
Ironically, the more BTC that disappears or is locked up, in the long run after the shock sell off due to fear, the higher the value of the remaining coins. As time goes on and the # of coins may not increase, the value will go up, is what most predict and hope for.

Last edited:
•••
biggest canada exchange lost 190million

didnt read too carefully but first glance looks like not even a case of lost private keys or what not.. but rather just a laptop access password impossible to decrypt... I thought those were not imposible to decrypt... with proper tools .. people.. or even laptop manufacturer help.. but like involving apple to unlock phones etc..

not sure if there is even a dead body to look at here.. or just a certificate .... fishy as hell

https://www.ccn.com/190m-gone-how-canada-biggest-bitcoin-exchange-lost-it

This story is going to be a movie for sure, disappears in India, and dies, then all that money is gone, you can't make this stuff up.

•••
Ironically, the more BTC that disappears or is locked up, in the long run after the shock sell off due to fear, the higher the value of the remaining coins. As time goes on and the # of coins may not increase, the value will go up, is what most predict and hope for.

I think this can only apply to btc lost and locked forever.. not stolen ones.. cause stolen ones would be still technically usable etc..

but I agree that if you have something that's limited to say 1000 overall.. and 500 is stuck and unsable... then generally this increases rarity and therefore value

•••
This story is going to be a movie for sure, disappears in India, and dies, then all that money is gone, you can't make this stuff up.

yeha... not many people are buying it from the comments I read..

I mean there isn't even a body I think

kinda easy to buy death certificate in some places... probably not even pricey...

then a few plastic surgeries or what not.. and you're set for life... or few generations even.

I read somewhere else around 100k canadians would be affected by this...

•••
•••
yeah... so its just about laptop pwd it seems......

"Jennifer Robertson, the widow of QuadrigaCX CEO Gerald Cotten, says he was the only one with access to its clients’ crypto assets, according to an affidavit. Gerry was diagnosed with Crohn’s disease at the age of 24 and died on December 9th at the age of 30. The crypto is locked away in cold storage and the keys are stored on Cotten’s laptop, which security experts have been unable to access."

•••
•••
Revenue canada will be all over this.
Its tax time

•••
Last edited:
•••
looks like around 25k bitcoin ... so around 100mil$ btc... rest is ltc eth btc cash etc..

anyway this is some craxy stuff going on... and a lot of it is around cryptos... so that says a lot..

but I guess everyone was warned only 42342343 times not to leave anything on exchanges.

now 100k canadians probably lost money.. some more than others.

still... can't believe no one can hack a laptop pwd... ask the manufacturer or something... the wife has the laptop now.

Last edited:
•••
looks like around 25k bitcoin ... so around 100mil$ btc.

Tally up the total amount that's vanished at the end off the year. When the cack cost more to mine than it's worth what else is going to happen...........

RIP "hodlers"

•••
looks like its not his first problems with justice! maybe he owed money to people... after bank seized previous transactions......hmmmmmm........ weird....

and get this....... he left 100k to his 2 dogs in his will........ I love dogs, but that can't make you feel good if you lost money in this scandal.......

article below........ let's see how this mess unfolds!

https://tech.co/news/quadrigacx-190-million-cryptocurrency-lost-password-2019-02

•••
looks like its not his first problems with justice! maybe he owed money to people... after bank seized previous transactions......hmmmmmm........ weird....

and get this....... he left 100k to his 2 dogs in his will........ I love dogs, but that can't make you feel good if you lost money in this scandal.......

article below........ let's see how this mess unfolds!

https://tech.co/news/quadrigacx-190-million-cryptocurrency-lost-password-2019-02

This is all tip of the iceberg, Nem & Vechain fraud confirmed all last week. once this is all wrapped up i would love to see the number

Will surpass $100b in fraud easy by the end of the year.

Last edited:
•••
This is all tip of the iceberg, Nem & Vechain fraud confirmed all last week. once this is all wrapped up i would love to see the number

Will surpass $100b in fraud easy by the end of the year.
What’s new? Entities that control currency are shady. This is true in the crypto space and fiat for sure.

•••
"
One thing is for certain there is no new money coming into "crypto" It's riddled with diseases inside and out

On first glance your first sentence seems incredibly stupid. Because if you mean to say that no one is buying or selling btc today well of course that’s incredible incorrect. You do have a tendency to say things definitively and with conviction about matters that you have absolutely no personal knowledge. Owned much bitcoin? I don’t think so.

But then I suppose what you mean is that the only ones buying BTC today are those who have owned it previously? In which case your statement isn’t stupid but is naive.

On a given day the traders and algos trading a stock such as say amzn Tsla aapl googL cmg etc etc might have traded it hundreds of thousands if not millions of times before. On a given day when amzn’s stock jumps 100 points, there might not be even one penny of “new money” going into it. And yet it still might jump massively.

Same with BTC. The same guys like you who sat on the sidelines eight years ago when I first start accumulating might continue sitting on the sidelines for eight more years, as the price rockets. Whether you and others put “new money” in or not will not necessarily affect anything. You were absent in 2011 you were absent in 2018 and you’re still absent.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back