Dynadot

discuss 10x Your Money In Domains Or Crypto Currency?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
A lot of domain investors also invest in crypto currency it seems as of late. I usually feel pretty confident that a domain I carefully acquire today will be a 10x+ my investment including holding time. If say, I were to buy bitcoin today, is it feasible that i would get 10x my money?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Maybe

BTC/USD - 1=10000$
Needed invest in January 2016, when
BTC costs 200-380$

Last edited:
•••
If you bought 5 bitcoins at $200 each for a total of $1,000 - they'd be worth $50,000 today. I believe it was that price a couple of years ago. I don't see a lot of $1k options 2 years ago for domains that would equate to $50k today. Both have their risks but looks like Crypto is a better bet for the cash at this point.

•••
•••
Truthfully, you have more of a chance to have money fluctuate in bitcoin, than domains.
There are millions of domains out there, and not many look to pay $x,xxx for a domain, besides the select few of end users. Usually, it also takes a long time for a domain to sell unless you're a pro.

Bitcoin on the other hand, just seems to be growing and growing; some experts even see bitcoin hitting $50,000 in a year. Bitcoin, you could always pull away cash with the slightest lost, but with a domain if it doesn't sell it's pure loss.
Bitcoin it's easier to lose and gain money, but in domaining it's harder to gain money and easier to lose your investment.

Just my take on it.

•••
I can not buy bitcoins where I can buy domains anytime

I tried to buy and opened many accounts and sent documents but nothing is working for me.

•••
I can not buy bitcoins where I can buy domains anytime

I tried to buy and opened many accounts and sent documents but nothing is working for me.
Bitcoin is actually pretty easy to acquire.
First off, there are established sites like coinbase, wesellcrypto and glidera which allow for the purchase of bitcoin. Then, there are many forums where you could do a User to User exchange, but usually there is a fee. Then, you can always acquire a domain for example, and sell it for bitcoin. Mining is also an option for users with a large stock of GPUs, CPUs, Machines, etc.

You can also grow bitcoin more easily, investing and gambling are two of the options (I don't condone gambling). Then, bitcoin also extends to many more cryptocurrencies, and altcoins could also make you quite a bit of cash, if you use your time and resources to the fullest extent.

Finally, you could always "cheat" a way to buy bitcoin. Some altcoins allow an option to purchase with paypal (ex. potcoin), then you could go to any trading site (bittrex, poloniex, kraken, etc.), deposit the altcoin and then sell for bitcoin and you got yourself some bitcoin cash.

A quick guide to earn bitcoin.

Last edited:
•••
If you buy Bitcoin in the market, you are going to be hit by a fairly wide spread in these times of volatility. If you've got money in the bank, then it's worth converting it into Bitcoin in my opinion - zero interst rates and a devaluing fiat currency is not an attractive option for savings. If you can work domain flipping, then it's an easy way to convert fiat into Bitcoin for a small profit. I'm doing this to close my dollar account. Even buying a name for $9 and selling it for$10 is worth it if it doesn't involve any work. Buying the name for $9, and selling it for $95 is better, and saving that in Bitcoin or some other crypto is great in my opinion. Keep the really good names for $x,xxx+ of course.

•••
Screenshot_20171128-203446.jpg

Taken two minutes ago...
It's been lingering under 10,000 all day long, People suspect that once it hits the 10,000 there will be a massive selloff.
I sold all my BTC earlier today to play it safe but if it does drop.... I'm jumping right back in.

I retired from flipping domains, I now concentrate in development and crypto.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not selling Bitcoin - I believe the technical term for what I am doing is hodl. :)
With Jamie Dimon dissing Bitcoin publicly, and buying it privately, I think it can only go up. Others are accumulating it as well.

•••
I'm not selling Bitcoin - I believe the technical term for what I am doing is hodl. :)
With Jamie Dimon dissing Bitcoin publicly, and buying it privately, I think it can only go up. Others are accumulating it as well.

Screenshot_20171128-205442.jpg

Congrats! :)

•••
Either the world has gone mad or the dollar is toast.

•••
Show attachment 74163
Taken two minutes ago...
It's been lingering under 10,000 all day long, People suspect that once it hits the 10,000 there will be a massive selloff.
I sold all my BTC earlier today to play it safe but if it does drop.... I'm jumping right back in.

I retired from flipping domains, I now concentrate in development and crypto.
If people are able to selloff, that means there are buyers, so not much will be lost. Additionally, the market will still re-grow to its current state and more overtime, and the rate it's going at now it'll be very very quick.

Also, don't forget bitcoin hit 10k earlier today & Bitcoin was around 4k in August (4 months, and +6k)

•••
the whole world is a flat bubble

•••
•••
If people are able to selloff, that means there are buyers, so not much will be lost. Additionally, the market will still re-grow to its current state and more overtime, and the rate it's going at now it'll be very very quick.

Also, don't forget bitcoin hit 10k earlier today & Bitcoin was around 4k in August (4 months, and +6k)

My wife and I made a decision Sept of 2016 to invest a healthy amount in BTC.
I sold "my half" she held hers.... either way we are extremely happy with the roi.
With other Alt coins in our holdings, including etherium, ripple etc the future looks good.

•••
I hate to advise anyone to get into a stock or something like btc when it is at an all time high. However, as contradictory as it may sound, often the time to buy a stock or investment is on its way up not down.

I expect btc to go up over all over time long term including from here but there will be intermediate ups and down. I had a vision that it would reach 11,500 then drop back to 9500 and eventually go to 13,000. We shall see. I am not selling, been accumulating and holding since 2013, and I will accumulate more btc even at these levels.

If it hits 25000 next year will consider selling. Consider. Not definitely.

Last edited:
•••
If it hits 25000 next year will consider selling. Consider. Not definitely.

Their actually predicting 40k by end of 2018.

•••
With Jamie Dimon dissing Bitcoin publicly, and buying it privately, I think it can only go up.
Buying it privately? Do you have proof? Wasn't that fake news?

•••
•••
You should move to cryptocurrency, so that i have less competitors in domain field :smuggrin:

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
You don't buy bitcoin for a 10x right now, but a good altcoin

•••
Back