IT.COM

question-answered $10 click yesterday

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I just received a $10.96 click on one of my domains. Parking is definitely not dead. My earnings have gone up each month. Reading, patience, trial/error, and a little money can get you started on the right path. Read the popular forums for those nuggets over and over again.

Attachments

• 76325D92-C170-4DA3-9B1A-6C73A092AE71.jpeg
    76325D92-C170-4DA3-9B1A-6C73A092AE71.jpeg
    256.9 KB · Views: 355
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just received a $10.96 click on one of my domains. Parking is definitely not dead. My earnings have gone up each month. Reading, patience, trial/error, and a little money can get you started on the right path. Read the popular forums for those nuggets over and over again.
Thanks for sharing, and congrats on the revenue.
Several simple questions.
1) What general area did the domain cover? In other words, was this a financial, medical, or some other commercially-related domain?
2) Was this through Bodis or Above.com?
3) Are you now buying all the potential permutations related to that domain, to list them for parking purposes?:xf.wink:

•••
I knew you would be the one to ask these questions @LoveCatchyDomains. Don’t mean to be cryptic but don’t want to create competition in this area. I can say that it is not financial, medical, or insurance related. It’s pointing to the above name server. It’s not a typo and yes I am looking for other names in this area. I have other domains in this area that perform similarly. I have added higher paying keywords and have seen great growth.

•••
What is a $10 click? Sorry for the dumb question.

•••
What is a $10 click? Sorry for the dumb question.
$10 for a click on the parking page ad. Someone visits the ad page, then clicks on the advertisement. The domain owner gets a portion of the revenue. They call this EPC (earnings per click).

No, not a dumb question. There's always a learning curve on Namepros, and asking is one of the best ways of learning.

•••
$10 for a click on the parking page ad. Someone visits the ad page, then clicks on the advertisement. The domain owner gets a portion of the revenue. They call this EPC (earnings per click).

No, not a dumb question. There's always a learning curve on Namepros, and asking is one of the best ways of learning.
So if I understand right, the person who put out the ad paid more than $10 for that click? That's insane (seeming).

•••
Yes that is correct and the domain owner gets a small portion and the advertising company gets a bigger share.

•••
So if I understand right, the person who put out the ad paid more than $10 for that click? That's insane (seeming).
Well, one question would be whether the domain owner was being paid for the click outright, even if the customer didn't buy anything or generate any revenue. I do wonder if this was a situation where the click represented a commission for some final purchase related to the referral.
There is a challenge of understanding what the ad-clicks lead to. On Bodis, you can see each of your domain page's ad listings, but I don't believe you are supposed to click on those to be able to check what they actually lead to. There should be a mechanism for that, where it doesn't count as a paid click. That way you can better understand all that is happening on your domain parking.

•••
If you click on the domain under manage reports in bodis there is a tab called terms. This tab will show you the keywords and what they clicked on.

Well, one question would be whether the domain owner was being paid for the click outright, even if the customer didn't buy anything or generate any revenue. I do wonder if this was a situation where the click represented a commission for some final purchase related to the referral.
There is a challenge of understanding what the ad-clicks lead to. On Bodis, you can see each of your domain page's ad listings, but I don't believe you are supposed to click on those to be able to check what they actually lead to. There should be a mechanism for that, where it doesn't count as a paid click. That way you can better understand all that is happening on your domain parking.

Attachments

• 14608939-A7CF-499A-B740-20FE1B83D13A.jpeg
    14608939-A7CF-499A-B740-20FE1B83D13A.jpeg
    36 KB · Views: 141
•••
Once you look in terms to see what they are searching/clicking on and manually add keywords that are similar. I was able to increase my ctr on one of my domains by using this method.

Attachments

• 04538ED7-9315-4F33-9D4A-9DBF137213EE.jpeg
    04538ED7-9315-4F33-9D4A-9DBF137213EE.jpeg
    76.2 KB · Views: 199
•••
@psalm91

Are you hang registering or buying on the aftermarket? if yes, what's the average price?

Thanks

•••
Once you look in terms to see what they are searching/clicking on and manually add keywords that are similar. I was able to increase my ctr on one of my domains by using this method.
Thank you for pointing out the terms section, and the fact that you can see more microscopically the terms that are actually clicked upon.

Did you ever also check to see what actually is showing up when a customer clicks on one of the ads on your pages? For example, for the $10 ppc ad, one would certainly be curious as to what exactly is being viewed and done at that point.

Admittedly, I've never tried, out of respect for the integrity of the ad-company services and not seeing a "zero click" or non-counted click option readily available. Obviously one does not want to violate the TOS, and cause a click that inadvertently appears to be an attempt to create undue revenue.

•••
To be completely honest, my limit for purchases are $100 or less. I usually break even in a few months to a year. I rarely hand register domains.

@psalm91

Are you hang registering or buying on the aftermarket? if yes, what's the average price?

Thanks

•••
Nope I just set high epc keywords and let the visitors click away.

Thank you for pointing out the terms section, and the fact that you can see more microscopically the terms that are actually clicked upon.

Did you ever also check to see what actually is showing up when a customer clicks on one of the ads on your pages? For example, for the $10 ppc ad, one would certainly be curious as to what exactly is being viewed and done at that point.

Admittedly, I've never tried, out of respect for the integrity of the ad-company services and not seeing a "zero click" or non-counted click option readily available. Obviously one does not want to violate the TOS, and cause a click that inadvertently appears to be an attempt to create undue revenue.

•••
Well, the good news is that I did recently have one healthcare-related domain with a click over $2, and some others were getting around 30 to 40 cents for epc. But I'm waiting to see if perhaps between either Bodis or Above, they can do even better with their maximizers and optimization tools.

•••
Congrats I strongly recommend using above.

Well, the good news is that I did recently have one healthcare-related domain with a click over $2, and some others were getting around 30 to 40 cents for epc. But I'm waiting to see if perhaps between either Bodis or Above, they can do even better with their maximizers and optimization tools.

•••
Congrats I strongly recommend using above.
I very much would like to use them, but the high-traffic domain I was going to transfer to Above almost sold on a marketplace last week. If only I had remembered that the marketplaces can do a decent job providing a decent "earning per one click" when they present a respectable offer on the table from a buyer. Counteroffering didn't work, but I'm still hoping that perhaps the buyer will change his or her mind.
This year has been exciting to at least have Bodis have income that for one domain at least easily paid for its renewal--and that was with a fairly short time doing the parking. Since sales seem to be down for at least some folks, your continued postings about the ad-parking are all the more relevant. At least if the domain isn't sold, if it still pays for itself, that's a start.

Last edited:
•••
I park my domains on pc, Bodis, and above. I let the maximizer select which one will pay out more. I list my domains for sale on afternic and do fairly well.

I very much would like to use them, but the high-traffic domain I was going to transfer to Above almost sold on a marketplace last week. If only I had remembered that the marketplaces can do a decent job providing a decent "earning per one click" when they present a respectable offer on the table from a buyer. Counteroffering didn't work, but I'm still hoping that perhaps the buyer will change his or her mind.
This year has been exciting to at least have Bodis have income that for one domain at least easily paid for its renewal--and that was with a fairly short time doing the parking. Since sales seem to be down for at least some folks, your continued postings about the ad-parking are all the more relevant. At least if the domain isn't sold, if it still pays for itself, that's a start.

•••
I park my domains on pc, Bodis, and above. I let the maximizer select which one will pay out more. I list my domains for sale on afternic and do fairly well.
So you use three different parking companies under above and simply one marketplace?
If so, that probably helps keep life simple managing the domains.

•••
Yes it does make it simpler when you have 400+ domains. For me this is the easiest way for me to scale up.

•••
Do you also use the sales link on your parking? If you were using the inquiry form for the sales lead, would it be helpful to add on the explanation section available at least on Bodis), that this domain has EPC as high as $10?!

•••
I don’t add a sales banner to any of my parking pages. In my opinion the click thru rate is not as high.

Do you also use the sales link on your parking? If you were using the inquiry form for the sales lead, would it be helpful to add on the explanation section available at least on Bodis), that this domain has EPC as high as $10?!

•••
I don’t add a sales banner to any of my parking pages. In my opinion the click thru rate is not as high.
For that $10 epc ad, it sure would make sense to not provide any distractions!

Thanks, incidentally, for the continued ad-parking commentary. Often, after you post, I have more motivation to explore options and try new features. For example, I didn't realize in Bodis that one can easily change the desktop and mobile appearance of the sale banner. Wow, what a difference that makes!

Promoting the sale of the domain is still a priority for now. But if I start seeing those $10 clicks, then that one's likely a keeper for ad-revenue alone!

Congrats, again, on your success, and hopefully the revenue gets even better.

•••
Thank you so much! I’ve received tons of motivation from this forum and am glad to have given some motivation to others. I’m constantly tweaking and reusing keywords that have been successful. Each month I look at my domains that have a CTR lower than 10% and evaluate if the keywords need to change.

For that $10 epc ad, it sure would make sense to not provide any distractions!

Thanks, incidentally, for the continued ad-parking commentary. Often, after you post, I have more motivation to explore options and try new features. For example, I didn't realize in Bodis that one can easily change the desktop and mobile appearance of the sale banner. Wow, what a difference that makes!

Promoting the sale of the domain is still a priority for now. But if I start seeing those $10 clicks, then that one's likely a keeper for ad-revenue alone!

Congrats, again, on your success, and hopefully the revenue gets even better.

•••
Thank you so much! I’ve received tons of motivation from this forum and am glad to have given some motivation to others. I’m constantly tweaking and reusing keywords that have been successful. Each month I look at my domains that have a CTR lower than 10% and evaluate if the keywords need to change.
Thank you for the motivation.
Do you check CPC with google keyword tool? I have a domain that just pays its renewal. It's about christianity. Do you think i can increase revenue even in this niche?

•••
Back