Dynadot

$1,080 got Charge back by Paypal after domain name transfer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
On July 3rd, I sold 2 domain names 25F.com and 9EG.com on DigitalPoint Forum to a very reputed member: worldman, he contacted me several times and then agreed the deal at $650 for 25F.com and $430 for 9EG.com, he sends me money via paypal and I moved domain names to "his" godaddy account:

Customer #: 21825575
E-mail: [email protected]

then, the next day, I received a 2 charge backs from paypal, they told me that person's paypal account got hacked so they will need to return the money to the buyer, and they told me since domain names are intangible goods, it is not covered by paypal seller protection policy, though I tried my best to provide whois, forum msg screen host info, the money will most likely be returned to the buyer.

I contacted the worldman on DP, and was told that his account got hacked, so it was not him. I really feel helpless rightnow as a domain seller, I am not quite sure what should I do now in this case. I would appreciate any suggestions from you guys. and also be aware the scammer who is using [email protected]!!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Paypal, TDNAM, and DP had a really bad time with this about 6 months ago. I thought they had it all cleared up.

You should call (not email) Godaddy right away. Since the names are still with them you should be able to get them back..........maybe.

good luck

•••
yes, the sooner the better...stay on them....stay professional, and fight for it (and the rest of the domainers) ..sorry mate, these ppl are scars....

•••
Call GoDaddy, The name has been successfully transferred and the name servers shows the same! Provide godaddy the same scrresnhost, documents and transaction details along with the chat logs if any.

Will be waiting for the update. Let us know whats happening ....

Last edited:
•••
This seems to be happening a lot recently. Moral of the story is dont use paypal for valuable domains.

•••
ryan0124 said:
On July 3rd, I sold 2 domain names 25F.com and 9EG.com on DigitalPoint Forum to a very reputed member: worldman, he contacted me several times and then agreed the deal at $650 for 25F.com and $430 for 9EG.com, he sends me money via paypal and I moved domain names to "his" godaddy account:
Where did he contacted you? On DP? So his DP account was also hacked?

I have done many transactions on paypal. No problems till now but I have stopped flipping domains for time being.

•••
I already experienced that but It was just $25. i forgot the username. he's from here.
Thank you for the info. =]
ryan0124 said:

Customer #: 21825575
E-mail: [email protected]

then, the next day, I received a 2 charge backs from paypal, they told me that person's paypal account got hacked so they will need to return the money to the buyer, and they told me since domain names are intangible goods, it is not covered by paypal seller protection policy, though I tried my best to provide whois, forum msg screen host info, the money will most likely be returned to the buyer.

I contacted the worldman on DP, and was told that his account got hacked, so it was not him. I really feel helpless rightnow as a domain seller, I am not quite sure what should I do now in this case. I would appreciate any suggestions from you guys. and also be aware the scammer who is using [email protected]!!!

•••
With godaddy you get 14 days to contact them after a transfer I believe - it says something like that on the bottom of the transfer confirmation email. You can click a link to cancel it or something?

•••
When someone offers you more money than your names are worth, ignore them.
Call godaddy immediately.

•••
I feel sorry for you. Usually there isnt much to do in cases like this with Godaddy and Paypal. It is a common issue here and DP. Always use an escrow next time if the domain is over $100

Last edited:
•••
even if you call up godaddy.com they can't help you and they won't stand in the middle as well.

•••
Ouch! Sorry to hear this and hopefully you can get things sorted out in your favor. I assume GoDaddy will help if you can document the transaction.

•••
i got scammed by
scammer email : - [email protected]

godady id : - JohnParcker451

after thinking on this from the day it got happend....

i got a solution for this, may be it satisfies 70% of our need, but not to ignore this.

ok, from next time if we received any payment from paypal

1. we will send a sample email to the buyer email address as it is in payment that we received.

2. buyer need to click on the link on that email that sent from seller (or) he need to verify by replying to that email.

3. It confirms that we got payment from real buyer with his knowledge ( I mean from the real owner of the paypal account)

4. then we will transfer the domains to the buyer, that whatever he purchased

5. how this sounds............ i may guess for scammers, hacking of both paypal and email accounts, probably a difficult task, then hacking paypal, by sending some spoof or phishing emails.

let me know what you think on this !!!!!!?

an easy and affordable solution,

if paypal introduces this system, then we can actually receive the real funds from real owner after only the stage(2) got completed.

•••
none of the above will work, simply because the scammer is in control of the real owners account.

only one solution to this, NO PAYPAL NO GODADDY!

•••
evertonian7uk said:
none of the above will work, simply because the scammer is in control of the real owners account.

only one solution to this, NO PAYPAL NO GODADDY!

you mean to say that, scammer also knows / thefts email address account details ?

as far what i understand is, they will get access to paypal, but not to the email account that we generally used to register/login...

•••
They probably hacked there email first before hacking there paypal if indeed it was hacked, seems to me some of these accounts might not actually be stolen and just the owner pretending..

•••
The sad thing is...you can never really tell if an DP account is hacked unless you PM a mod and ask them if there are weird IP changes on their account.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back