Domain Empire

Yyay! A sudden surge in traffic...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Had a big shock when I logged into Sedo this morning and found that one of my names (yyay.com) had suddenly got a lot of traffic. Usually gets ~10 uniques a day (for the week or so it's been parked there) but got 546 yesterday - seems very strange, can't work out why it would suddendly get so many visits..

I also parked another name last night and it seems like it had nearly 200 uniques in a few hours - doesn't have any backlinks and is a L-N .net - it's bizzare. I'm hoping that I've struck gold somewhere but have a funny feeling that either it's a complete fluke or the stats have gone screwy :) - anyone else noticed any recent unexplained upsurges in their Sedo traffic stats?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes I did, lasted one day. One domain has had no views in 3 months suddenly 53 in one day. No idea why.

•••
There has to be something wrong. Last month i had one name that it too got alot of views for no reason at all.

•••
Yes it does seem strange - I've just double checked and it wasn't yesterday, it's unique views so far today - is up to 669 now..

•••
maybe google bots knocking at your doors ?

•••
I believe that Sedo sometimes contacts prospective buyers with domains or buyers contact Sedo and that may be why there is so much activity all of a sudden on a certain name. They are checking it out, voting on it, deciding on the name etc.....you never know.

•••
No Surge for me - I have noticed the opposite lately at Sedo :td:

Feb - 5,388 views

March - 5,485 views

April - 1,177 views

May 1,755 views

june so far - 788 views

This sucks ! :td:

Have you had a surge in clicks along with it ?

•••
I've had something like this to uploadfreaks.com... 1-2 uniques day, but all of a sudden, 200+ uniques. Sadly, it only lasted for a day :(

•••
On the otherside I have since a few days very low traffic at Fabulous

•••
lpxxfaintxx said:
I've had something like this to uploadfreaks.com... 1-2 uniques day, but all of a sudden, 200+ uniques. Sadly, it only lasted for a day :(

Uploadfreaks is hilarious name! :D I'll bet there was someone interested and they sent it to all their friends.

•••
diddie said:
maybe google bots knocking at your doors ?
I thought it could be but I've have never seen it happen on any of the other names I have had parked there in the past..
Kerrijo said:
I believe that Sedo sometimes contacts prospective buyers with domains or buyers contact Sedo and that may be why there is so much activity all of a sudden on a certain name. They are checking it out, voting on it, deciding on the name etc.....you never know.
This would be cool :)
gazzip said:
No Surge for me - I have noticed the opposite lately at Sedo

Feb - 5,388 views

March - 5,485 views

April - 1,177 views

May 1,755 views

june so far - 788 views

This sucks !

That does suck! :td: Never know - could get hundreds of visits a day next month :hehe:

No clicks - or none reported so far which is why the bot theory or stats going haywire seems more plausible than a sudden influx of genuine traffic. Is bizzare though - nearly up to 750 visits today - may make it to 1000 soon... Oh well - will see if it continues, I'm really ingruiged to see what's going on but you can't check where the traffic is coming from on Sedo so guess I'll never know.. :'(

•••
I believe sedo does not block bot traffic.

I've had names that got 200-300 hits a day with absolutely no clicks for months on end then the second you move it to namedrive or wherever, it goes down to 10 or so a day.

•••
i read this thread earlier and thought what a crazy thing, random massive traffic on one day

just checked my ND stats for today and one of my domains which had only got 20 visitors all month so far, has clocked up 99! this is crazy, a few clicks aswell! I just hope it sticks and isnt a one day wonder

•••
gazzip said:
No Surge for me - I have noticed the opposite lately at Sedo :td:

Feb - 5,388 views

March - 5,485 views

April - 1,177 views

May 1,755 views

june so far - 788 views

This sucks ! :td:

Hmmm i have experience exactly the same thing as you on sedo, i normally hit around 7500-12000 a month on my sedo portfolio every month but may and june have dropped to under half of that. Something has gone very strange at sedo.. I contacted them and they said maybe people are not looking at your domains????? soryr had to laugh at that one, you do not go a whole year with stats like this getting better and better each month then for it to fall so drastically.

•••
tipsfromthetop said:
Hmmm i have experience exactly the same thing as you on sedo, i normally hit around 7500-12000 a month on my sedo portfolio every month but may and june have dropped to under half of that. Something has gone very strange at sedo.. I contacted them and they said maybe people are not looking at your domains????? soryr had to laugh at that one, you do not go a whole year with stats like this getting better and better each month then for it to fall so drastically.
I do know that they had found some sort of potential problem with their pages regarding search engines but it looks like fixing it has made it worse - I might chase them up again and see whats going on.

Has you click through rate improved any within that time frame ?

•••
gazzip said:
I do know that they had found some sort of potential problem with their pages regarding search engines but it looks like fixing it has made it worse - I might chase them up again and see whats going on.

Has you click through rate improved any within that time frame ?

nope got worse, oh well hope it fixes itself soon. Goodluck with contacting them you will probably get the same answer as i did.. After all this i still do love sedo no better place to sell names.

•••
No sign of stopping yet - had 1046 uniques yesterday and 214 so far today.. Wherever these hits are coming from it's certainly not going to do my Sedo for sale listing any harm B-)

•••
Maybe is a typo for a new and publicited site.

•••
Nope.. I got the same problem with 3 domains.. Avereging about 2-4 visits pr day..

One had 700 visits.. One had 600 and another had 500.. Yesterday... The trend is continuing today.. They are all getting massive amount of traffic.. With few clicks.. Think it spam traffic somehow..

•••
Devil_Dog said:
I believe sedo does not block bot traffic.

I've had names that got 200-300 hits a day with absolutely no clicks for months on end then the second you move it to namedrive or wherever, it goes down to 10 or so a day.

Can I eat my words, now? One of my NLL.com's which usually gets around 200 views a month now has 1653 views as of right now. :o

•••
Weird..

Either it is reporting on Sedo or.. Some spammer just went CRaZy.. Wonder if some on my sites are experiencing this to..

•••
All back to normal today :(

•••
Parked a name yesterday, has now 585 views. It was a developed site with lyrics but it wasn't getting that many visits a day, maybe that much in a month as I had a new band's lyrics posted and everytime they played the song I'd get a surge of visits. :lol: 585 is a bit much, though.

•••
SEDO visit tracker does not works correctly. It counts all bots and all otehr unwanted (non-human) traffic.

•••
It's at 834 now! The bots must be bonkers because I took a developed site and parked it on sedo. Confused them I say! :lol:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back