IT.COM

advice You're Probably a Better Domainer than you think. Potency in Your Portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
When you search your portfolio do you find personal projects, “protective registrations” of some of your favorites in other TLD’s, and names you tell yourself you can always develop. Lastly, do you see a name and its future “if” you could build it out, and end up buying a domain name with only one buyer… you. But your a domain name investor, your told you can sell 1-2% of your portfolio. So you rationalize buying a project, and calling it a sell-able name.
When you lump these extra names into your portfolio, and then look at your stats, these names make you look worse than you are at pure domaining. If your doing still 1-3%, your probably a better domainer than you think, because these type of domains are holding you back. You probably mark most of them not for sale. So your not even trying to sell...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not sure if it is true.

Names chosen for yourself would be in line with your average portfolio, if not better generally.

Because, then at least you do more stringent tests. How likable it is, radio test, visually pleasing, meaning, can be confusing or not etc.

At least, for me it is always the other way around. The names I am developing, recons/rightbrand/elix/etc compare favorably to a median name in my portfolio. Some other names I earmarked for my own use, I agreed to sell only for 5 figures, because I had my own usage idea for those like review(org)/noblemetal/ayro/anem/jouz/etc. and otherwise would have sold for considerably cheaper.

•••
I think potency is continually making a premium list weeding out the inferior that still is searchable.
Long lists can all just blend together forming opinions often then missing the gems.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back