Dynadot

Y'all wanna shoot the moon?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Do you know how to shoot the moon?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Rob Monster

Founder of EpikTop Member
Epik Founder
Impact
ICYMI, during October, Epik sold 3 domains above $250,000.

In the interest of helping folks sell more domains for bigger money, I want to share openly what I think works pretty well when responding to retail inquiries.

Here are my two go-to response templates for answering inbound inquiries:

Template #1

Hello <firstname>,

Thanks for the inquiry.

Names of this caliber routinely sell for over $100,000.

We also sometimes do domain leases with a purchase option.

If you have budget, I will do my best to get something done for you.

Happy to advise.

Regards,
Rob

Template #2

Hello <firstname>,

Thanks for the inquiry.

You are probably looking at well into 5 figures USD for this domain.

Alternatively, it is likely possible to do a lease with a purchase option or seller-finance.

Depending on your budget, happy to advise.

Regards,
Rob

Obviously, if you have some specific comment about the domain or about the person inquiring about the prospect, that can be helpful, but usually this is a great way to just see how high is up.

During October, we saw a 2 word domain sell for $253,750. By most standards, this domain was absolutely nothing special. The domain was however strategic to the buyer.

A lot of purchase prospects end up becoming leases and financings, depending on the budget situation of the buyer. The point is to never underestimate how high is up. It is much better to: Shoot the moon!

And now you know!

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Quick update on this poll:

upload_2019-11-15_17-30-27.png

Most of you are about shooting the moon -- swinging for the fences. A few people have a sense of humor. And a few people are card-carrying members of the #partypooper club.

The good news is that a few folks are keen to master this essential selling skill. If folks have domains on Epik, or use Epik SSL landers, I will happily help you with this and cc or bcc you.

Happy hunting.

•••
Quick update on this poll:

Show attachment 135736

Most of you are about shooting the moon -- swinging for the fences. A few people have a sense of humor. And a few people are card-carrying members of the #partypooper club.

The good news is that a few folks are keen to master this essential selling skill. If folks have domains on Epik, or use Epik SSL landers, I will happily help you with this and cc or bcc you.

Happy hunting.
You could add that people with lots of quality domains are the ones that should ''shoot the moon''.
New domainers shouldn't.
I'm guessing epik was built with expert domainers in mind.
Along the way you started attracting newcomers because of cheap registration prices.
A lot have heard your speech about life changing money.
You should make sure they know that some of your expert tactics are for experts who know what they are doing (acquisition + domain count).
If you have some experience and 50 descent domains, selling at $1500 BIN and making a deal at even $500 with a chance to sell and grow is better that ''shooting the moon'' at $50.000. You learn diligently by applying fair prices to descent domains. Speculating early on only slows you down.
I like domain investing because even if you have expertise from another industry, you still have to spend time and money before you know what you are acquiring and how to price it correctly.
Having $1.000 vs $50.000 on day 1 won't help with that learning curve.
Shooting the lottery and winning $20.000 on day 1 only helps if you want to build a house in a poor country, but let's face it that will never happen because newcomers don't know what they are doing.
Make sure they know your tips are not everyone so that they can get to the stage where they can afford to shoot the moon.

•••
You could add that people with lots of quality domains are the ones that should ''shoot the moon''.
New domainers shouldn't.
I'm guessing epik was built with expert domainers in mind.
Along the way you started attracting newcomers because of cheap registration prices.
A lot have heard your speech about life changing money.
You should make sure they know that some of your expert tactics are for experts who know what they are doing (acquisition + domain count).
If you have some experience and 50 descent domains, selling at $1500 BIN and making a deal at even $500 with a chance to sell and grow is better that ''shooting the moon'' at $50.000. You learn diligently by applying fair prices to descent domains. Speculating early on only slows you down.
I like domain investing because even if you have expertise from another industry, you still have to spend time and money before you know what you are acquiring and how to price it correctly.
Having $1.000 vs $50.000 on day 1 won't help with that learning curve.
Shooting the lottery and winning $20.000 on day 1 only helps if you want to build a house in a poor country, but let's face it that will never happen because newcomers don't know what they are doing.
Make sure they know your tips are not everyone so that they can get to the stage where they can afford to shoot the moon.

Of course, that is correct. The upcoming Domain Graduate 2.0 course will make that more clear.

The audience on NamePros includes mostly pro or experienced domainers that know that the model being described is optimized for non-hyphenated .COM.

That said, I think you would be surprised how many 2-word .COM domains sell for more than $100K. When we see an incoming offer we try to assess if it is a moonshot candidate.

Keep in mind also that the fallback position is to offer a lease, which most people don't do but should start doing since it is a way to back into a moonshot while having recurring income.

Emerging market people who are more long on time than cash can certainly spend extra time finding the prospects. If they can't afford to buy it, they can partner with people who can.

The point of the thread is to make clear that as wealth concentrates into fewer wealthy hands, the people who can buy are often the ones where money is less of an object. If you don't occasionally sell to them you will lose.

Last edited:
•••
With all due respect, until there are some disclosed sales, it should be taken with a grain of salt that two word .coms regularly sell for 6 figures.

Namebio is probably getting 10-30% of all sales reported, and here is the list of 6 figure word+word names in 2019:

medidata.com 600K
bettingodds.com 488K
domainnames.com 370K
joyride.com 300K
accidentattorney.com 150K
mortgagerefinancing.com 148K
bestdeals.com 105K

and... that is it!!!

7 names for the whole world for the whole year!!! Including unreported, probably 20 to 70 sales for the year. Excluding mortgagerefinancing and joyride, the rest are clearly high value, not from the category you are referring too - a mediocre name that is valuable to a specific company.

And yet you want everyone to go ahead and price their average domains very high based just on your word with ZERO facts to support the claim.

Are you claiming that Epik is seeing far more sales and of different type than Namebio is able to report for everyone else in this world?!

•••
With all due respect, until there are some disclosed sales, it should be taken with a grain of salt that two word .coms regularly sell for 6 figures.

Namebio is probably getting 10-30% of all sales reported, and here is the list of 6 figure word+word names in 2019:

medidata.com 600K
bettingodds.com 488K
domainnames.com 370K
joyride.com 300K
accidentattorney.com 150K
mortgagerefinancing.com 148K
bestdeals.com 105K

and... that is it!!!

7 names for the whole world for the whole year!!! Including unreported, probably 20 to 70 sales for the year. Excluding mortgagerefinancing and joyride, the rest are clearly high value, not from the category you are referring too - a mediocre name that is valuable to a specific company.

And yet you want everyone to go ahead and price their average domains very high based just on your word with ZERO facts to support the claim.

Are you claiming that Epik is seeing far more sales and of different type than Namebio is able to report for everyone else in this world?!

Here is the short of it:

- Most large sales are not reported. I am very sure this is the case and the big premium domain owners will privately tell you the same.

- I don't suggest to price most names where there is some possibility that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, notably names that could be brands for businesses or product lines.

- Selling consultatively is more work and does require a strategic approach and ideally some fluency in the language of the person who is inquiring about the domani.

As for whether or not you believe me, that is entirely your prerogative. I am sharing what I know to work but frankly acknowledge that there are many success formulas. That is why I invited co-creation here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/teach-a-man-to-fish-co-creating-abundance.1162792/

•••

I've never reported any of my sales. I am not an Epik customer (I'm evaluating it). I do believe Epik and Rob is onto something.

In the past, I used to be happy just ask for a couple of thousands for my domain names and got them. But I started to ask for 5 figures and got them!!! I mean, sure people will always wanted to get a great deal regardless how much money they have, that is just good business. But a company that just got funded for $50 million will not care if it is paying $1000 or $100,000 for an easier to remember domain name, if it helps their marketing! Companies routinely spend hundreds thousands, even millions on marketing every year.

Mike Mann's Domain Market just raised their price on most of their .com 2-word domain names (many from $9,000 to $15,000 or higher). People will pay for quality. We should price each names accordingly, and negotiate based on our personal goals and overall strategy.

•••
I've never reported any of my sales. I am not an Epik customer (I'm evaluating it). I do believe Epik and Rob is onto something.

In the past, I used to be happy just ask for a couple of thousands for my domain names and got them. But I started to ask for 5 figures and got them!!! I mean, sure people will always wanted to get a great deal regardless how much money they have, that is just good business. But a company that just got funded for $50 million will not care if it is paying $1000 or $100,000 for an easier to remember domain name, if it helps their marketing! Companies routinely spend hundreds thousands, even millions on marketing every year.

Mike Mann's Domain Market just raised their price on most of their .com 2-word domain names (many from $9,000 to $15,000 or higher). People will pay for quality. We should price each names accordingly, and negotiate based on our personal goals and overall strategy.

And of course we should all take your word for it? Any facts about regular brandable names you sold for 5 figures?

And startups do care about the amount spent and are held accountable by investors.

•••
And of course we should all take your word for it? Any facts about regular brandable names you sold for 5 figures?

And startups do care about the amount spent and are held accountable by investors.

Sorry, not taking your silly bait.

There is a great section on Brandables in the Domain Graduate course. It will be out this week.

If you have something meaningful to add to the Domain Graduate Course, we are listening here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/teach-a-man-to-fish-co-creating-abundance.1162792

If you just want to spout nonsense, please find another thread.

•••
Sorry, not taking your silly bait.

There is a great section on Brandables in the Domain Graduate course. It will be out this week.

If you have something meaningful to add to the Domain Graduate Course, we are listening here:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/teach-a-man-to-fish-co-creating-abundance.1162792

If you just want to spout nonsense, please find another thread.

Sure. Anyone that doesn't take BS at face value is "spouting nonsense". While you giving unsubstantiated advice going against conventional knowledge referring to imaginary facts are full of wisdom.

•••

In any industry, you have to have certain leap of faith, or why get into it at all?

Any how

10 years ago I've sold a 4 letter .com for $12k that starts with PC, today it would be considered as a Chinese Premium. The buyer is still using it for an antivirus software/service. But I've had very little luck with 5 figures since.

Currently I'm in the middle of negotiating, 2 words .com, the inquirer finally replied and receptive, with a counter-offer that is much closer to my asking price. This is after I offered him a payment option via a 3rd party service. I think the point is that companies cares about their budget, cares about who they do business with.

Last edited:
•••
In any industry, you have to have certain leap of faith, or why get into it at all?

Any how

10 years ago I've sold a 4 letter .com for $12k that starts with PC, today it would be considered as a Chinese Premium. The buyer is still using it for an antivirus software/service. But I've had very little luck with 5 figures since.

Currently I'm in the middle of negotiating, 2 words .com, the inquirer finally replied and receptive, with a counter-offer that is much closer to my asking price. This is after I offered him a payment option via a 3rd party service. I think the point is that companies cares about their budget, cares about who they do business with.

He is talking about mediocre word plus word for 6 figures. Are you talking the same thing?

•••
Sure. Anyone that doesn't take BS at face value is "spouting nonsense". While you giving unsubstantiated advice going against conventional knowledge referring to imaginary facts are full of wisdom.

People who spout nonsense, assume that others spout nonsense too. Turns out not. Enough said. If folks want to disclose their Epik sales, so be it. Most of Epik's clients who shoot the moon are too busy wading through inquiries and buying names in expiry auction to even spend time on NamePros, let alone engage in silly banter with keyboard warriors. I am still teaching. How about you?

•••
People who spout nonsense, assume that others spout nonsense too. Turns out not. Enough said. If folks want to disclose their Epik sales, so be it. Most of Epik's clients who shoot the moon are too busy wading through inquiries and buying names in expiry auction to even spend time on NamePros, let alone engage in silly banter with keyboard warriors. I am still teaching. How about you?

There must be a real selective bias for private people preferring Epik. As everyone else seem to be reporting something.

Teaching with a conflict of interest is not teaching.

•••
He is talking about mediocre word plus word for 6 figures. Are you talking the same thing?

I think I'm rambling. I took what I got out of the thread. I applied the strategy on my typical 4 figure name inquiry and got a 5 figure response, I'm already happy.

I will try to apply the same strategy on my 5 figure names and see if I could turn them into 6 figures.

The quality of the domain names are highly subjective. I'm pleasantly surprised by some of the offers I received by shoot the moon. I think people should try it, regardless if you use Epik or not.

•••
I think I'm rambling. I took what I got out of the thread. I applied the strategy on my typical 4 figure name inquiry and got a 5 figure response, I'm already happy.

I will try to apply the same strategy on my 5 figure names and see if I could turn them into 6 figures.

The quality of the domain names are highly subjective. I'm pleasantly surprised by some of the offers I received by shoot the moon. I think people should try it, regardless if you use Epik or not.

Awesome.

And that's precisely what I was hoping to see - people improving their cashflow by re-thinking their pricing strategy. I strongly encourage integrating leasing into your selling check-down in case the high BIN misses.

•••
This is bad advice for the typical domainer who may have a few hundred mediocre names. Shoot the Moon only works with massive portfolios. Berkens, Mann etc...have proven that model. Do this with a couple hundred names and you will go broke fast.

•••
This is bad advice for the typical domainer who may have a few hundred mediocre names. Shoot the Moon only works with massive portfolios. Berkens, Mann etc...have proven that model. Do this with a couple hundred names and you will go broke fast.

You are missing the point.

There are some names where beauty is in the eye of beholder. This is especially the case with certain brandable domains where there is a strategic imperative on the part of a large organization that their management has decided to call themselves something where they don't own the domain name. This happens all the time.

Most of the time, some brand manage just got to some marketplace site like Afternic or Sedo, and searches the domain name, and buys it because the registrant was duped into pricing all his domains as BIN. Some time later that registrant figures out that the domain he sold for the prescribed $1800 that he was told to use as a price point, is being used by a company that could have paid 100X of that price.

So, sure, you can discard this advice for your own personal portfolio practices, but for people who own short .COM domains (e.g. ~11 characters or less on SLD), I would say this advice is very good. Forget BIN pricing for such domains. Set to Make Offer. Use SSL landers. Shoot the moon. If the bid comes in low, you always have the option of pivoting to a lease.

•••
So setting "BIN" is "being duped", albeit all the facts, experience, data show that BIN provides the best results. And thanks God for Godaddy, as they are much more transparent and don't mind sharing data. They don't hide behind "not disclosing sales". One doesn't have to. One can just provide overall data.

And advising using make offer and then quoting 6 figures is somehow sound advice. The whole premise is that you might have a company cornered because they named without owning and now must have the name.

And this is a very wrong premise and Rob knows it, as he is too smart not to know, but still pushes this thinking because all he wants is people coming in, setting ssl pages with Epik and having all transactions via them. BIN sales are owned by Afternic. Period. So he wants to drive people away from BIN/Afternic.

Here is why the premise is false:

- you might be thinking of a company that has lots of money and could use your name, but in reality the BIN buyer could be someone completely different. The targeted company might never make a move, while you will miss lots of BINs. Most of my sales end up to businesses that did not have the same name.

- Contrary to what Rob pushes, companies do have lots of options here. They can go for

a) Rebranding. 6 figures will buy you a fantastic generic name, leave enough amount for new print, PR, etc.

b) Another extension. CCTLD might be as good as .com in many countries. .io, .ai, .co, while inferior, seem just fine to most CEOs who don't see how spending 6 figures on .com will help their bottomline.

c) longer name. With the example of my profile name, if Recons.com is not available, just add something to it, especially the descriptive of your industry. I just checked and there are over 1000 of those using recons in their name, the first one that came up recons4u/com, you can add "construction", "finance", "loans", "analytics", "logistics", "transport" and pay just $12 to own it.

You get greedy, you quote 6 figures for a name you'd be happy with 5K for, especially, and this part is probably hard to understand for Rob, if you really need that money fast, you might lose that sale for very very very long time or ever.

You want to give a try based on the rosy pic by Rob, please go ahead. But, just do yourself a favor and allocate small portion of your portfolio to this strategy and compare to the performance of the rest based on tried/proven methods, not "alternative facts" that he is pushing. If it works for you (and yes, you could possibly get lucky. People win lottery with 1 ticket, but it would be bad advice to tell everyone to spend their salary buying tickets), then feel free to increase the portion. What percentage? Depends on your desire for experiment and how robust your cash flow is. But, generally, 0% to 10% should be the band to start.

•••
So setting "BIN" is "being duped", albeit all the facts, experience, data show that BIN provides the best results. And thanks God for Godaddy, as they are much more transparent and don't mind sharing data. They don't hide behind "not disclosing sales". One doesn't have to. One can just provide overall data.

And advising using make offer and then quoting 6 figures is somehow sound advice. The whole premise is that you might have a company cornered because they named without owning and now must have the name.

And this is a very wrong premise and Rob knows it, as he is too smart not to know, but still pushes this thinking because all he wants is people coming in, setting ssl pages with Epik and having all transactions via them. BIN sales are owned by Afternic. Period. So he wants to drive people away from BIN/Afternic.

Here is why the premise is false:

- you might be thinking of a company that has lots of money and could use your name, but in reality the BIN buyer could be someone completely different. The targeted company might never make a move, while you will miss lots of BINs. Most of my sales end up to businesses that did not have the same name.

- Contrary to what Rob pushes, companies do have lots of options here. They can go for

a) Rebranding. 6 figures will buy you a fantastic generic name, leave enough amount for new print, PR, etc.

b) Another extension. CCTLD might be as good as .com in many countries. .io, .ai, .co, while inferior, seem just fine to most CEOs who don't see how spending 6 figures on .com will help their bottomline.

c) longer name. With the example of my profile name, if Recons.com is not available, just add something to it, especially the descriptive of your industry. I just checked and there are over 1000 of those using recons in their name, the first one that came up recons4u/com, you can add "construction", "finance", "loans", "analytics", "logistics", "transport" and pay just $12 to own it.

You get greedy, you quote 6 figures for a name you'd be happy with 5K for, especially, and this part is probably hard to understand for Rob, if you really need that money fast, you might lose that sale for very very very long time or ever.

You want to give a try based on the rosy pic by Rob, please go ahead. But, just do yourself a favor and allocate small portion of your portfolio to this strategy and compare to the performance of the rest based on tried/proven methods, not "alternative facts" that he is pushing. If it works for you (and yes, you could possibly get lucky. People win lottery with 1 ticket, but it would be bad advice to tell everyone to spend their salary buying tickets), then feel free to increase the portion. What percentage? Depends on your desire for experiment and how robust your cash flow is. But, generally, 0% to 10% should be the band to start.

As one of my boys says: you do you.

If your method works for you, great. If you have more offers than you know what to do with and can't be bothered with communicating with your prospects, sure, set BIN prices on your landers.

I think set BIN pricing in the marketplaces.

However, on your landers, set Make Offer and have a conversation with your prospects. This is consultative selling by permission. I happen to find that it works.

And sure, split-test your portfolio and after 90 days, you see which one made you more money. If you set Make Offer on Epik landers, I will be happy to prove my point by helping folks close deals.'

So how is that publishing business of yours coming along? Keeping busy apparently. Or maybe not. Do you like keeping people poor too? What's up with that?

•••
As one of my boys says: you do you.

If your method works for you, great. If you have more offers than you know what to do with and can't be bothered with communicating with your prospects, sure, set BIN prices on your landers.

I think set BIN pricing in the marketplaces.

However, on your landers, set Make Offer and have a conversation with your prospects. This is consultative selling by permission. I happen to find that it works.

And sure, split-test your portfolio and after 90 days, you see which one made you more money. If you set Make Offer on Epik landers, I will be happy to prove my point by helping folks close deals.'

So how is that publishing business of yours coming along? Keeping busy apparently. Or maybe not. Do you like keeping people poor too? What's up with that?

You are an absolute PR disaster for your company!

Managing to come and alienate potential clients by being rude, condescending, make private info of your client public etc. destroys whatever you were trying to achieve by being active.

Maybe, you'll do the first phase of publishing your promo-threads masked as normal discussion, then have one of your employees take over from there?

I certainly had enough and instead of moving thousands of names to Epik, I will move the names I already had there out.

My projects are coming along fine, thank you for asking.

Last edited:
•••
You are an absolute PR disaster for your company!

Managing to come and alienate potential clients by being rude, condescending destroys whatever you were trying to achieve by being active.

Maybe, you'll to first phase of publishing your promo-threads masked as normal discussion, then have one of your employees take over from there?

I certainly had enough and instead of moving thousands of names to Epik, I will move the names I already had there out.

My projects are coming along fine, thank you for asking.

Believe it or not, I have vastly more data available to me than you do. I know of what I speak. I see the transactions. I know what domains leave people's accounts, and what people are getting. The sellers tell because they know I will keep their info to myself. Regardless, there is intelligence value in the aggregate.

As for PR, you have declared quite specifically in this popular thread on NP that I am giving bad advice when I know the advice is good. You have heard people in this thread confirm that they applied the advice and improved their outcome. You can say that they were lucky, when I believe it was common sense.
When it comes to sharing what works, I am being honest to a fault. I am sharing what works and inviting others to do the same, including through a free eBook that is being co-created with the community and which will be published in many languages shortly.

As for your projects, they sounded really ambitious. I know nothing about print publishing but if someone can make money in print in 2019, more power to them. To me that is like manufacturing luxury buggy whips, but again for each his own. You do you.

•••
Investing in domains, and quite profitably, is also "you do you" for me. As yourself, I have multiple interests.

No one argues that you have data, yet, you choose to share exactly zero of that data.

Your advice is against the conventional wisdom, and yet you insist that people take your word for it. While, you also have direct interest in people taking your word on the face value.

On multiple threads, when you make claims like this, I have asked you about the data, and you have provided zero input, beyond "believe me it works". Well, for analytical people like me, it is not binary "works", "doesn't work", it is the numbers that we can analyze, slice and dice etc. And also know that there is no bias or errors in the data and methodology.

•••
So, here is a helpful tip for shooting the moon.

To shoot the moon, you will want to own domains that should have been owned by people with money, but which the people with money failed to plan to get, knowing that they have money, so they can get it when they want it. That is how rich people think: they just make more. They don't really quite get scarcity.

Where do you find rich people?

- Banking, Venture Capital and Private equity
- Brands for yachts and luxury goods
- Country Clubs and Golf clubs

So, for example, this week, we got an offer for a name that was a URL shortener for a venture capital fund. They offered $8K. We countered at $100K. The bidding is at $50K now, likely structured as payments.

What was the tipping point in the conversation with the VC? I challenged him that his emails were probably leaking to me. I set up an email forwarder. The next morning, I had an email intended for the VC. Oops.

This particular domain is a 23 year old .COM that long pre-dates his use of his brand. There is no UDRP scenario here that holds any water at all since the term is generic with many logical end-users.

Rich people want the best. The also hate it when you get emails that they were supposed to get, and that you are lawfully allowed to receive.

And now you know!
This info would be helpful in your original post. Maybe it should be edited with the new information. In your original post you were including all domains but now you are narrowing it down to only great domains. Of course Moon Shots can happen with great domains. Ask for a Moon Shot on your typical domainers portfolio and you will be laughed at

•••

This info would be helpful in your original post. Maybe it should be edited with the new information. In your original post you were including all domains but now you are narrowing it down to only great domains. Of course Moon Shots can happen with great domains. Ask for a Moon Shot on your typical domainers portfolio and you will be laughed at

I totally agree.

Please don't ask moonshot prices for My-Dogs-Lunch.net. It should be obvious but for anyone that it is not obvious to, please take note.

Our goal here is not to sell gold-plated crap. Our intent is to price for value, not for cost.

To do that, try to understand the economics of your client's business. If you understand the economics of a qualified lead, you can quickly back into their break-even price for the domain.

Someone this week wanted to know what price to ask for CustomIngroundPools.com. They got an inquiry. That is probably not a $100K domain, but it could easily be a $30-50K domain.

The average in-ground pool in the US costs $35K. It is an episodic purchase. For them to spend $35K to own the category defining makes sense.

If someone asks that homeowner "who built your pool", then you just need to remember CustomIngroundPools.com.

When you drive on the highway in traffic and see a courier van on the way to a job with some friendly looking drivers who were courteous, you might notice their URL on the sidepanel.

When a homeowner decides they want to get a pool, they can either go online and do brand comparisons, or they can call from the car, and make an appointment to make an estimate without even shopping around.

If the pool builder's customer goes online, they are going to set the budget at $35K, rather than $55K. The additional $20K was pure margin for the builder. See how that works?

This is not about ripping people off. This is about charging a fair price that enlarges the pie. They pay you a big sum for your domain. You help them compete more effectively to win impulse orders.

As for publishing prices, when people tell me what price they got, I don't even write it down. It is what is called "Chatham House Rules". For anyone not familiar with the concept, look it up. Those who apply it can compare notes privately, and learn from each other, privately.

Last edited:
•••
Investing in domains, and quite profitably, is also "you do you" for me. As yourself, I have multiple interests.

No one argues that you have data, yet, you choose to share exactly zero of that data.

Your advice is against the conventional wisdom, and yet you insist that people take your word for it. While, you also have direct interest in people taking your word on the face value.

On multiple threads, when you make claims like this, I have asked you about the data, and you have provided zero input, beyond "believe me it works". Well, for analytical people like me, it is not binary "works", "doesn't work", it is the numbers that we can analyze, slice and dice etc. And also know that there is no bias or errors in the data and methodology.

I think your challenge is probably not about lacking data. Rather it is a difficulty to comprehend that there are people in this world that have wealth, and are taking significant risks by trying to lift up others.

Do you know that in Nigeria, there are strict limits on how much money a Nigerian person can receive through their bank. I did not know that, but I found that out.

Do you know that in Yemen, just about the only way to get someone USD is through Western Union, and that even Western Union branches have very little currency.

I don't know about you, but I have a problem with that.

Now, imagine being a Nigerian or a Yemeni, who can figure out how to buy and sell domains, using profit from proceeds, ratcheting up domain quality while improving sales effectiveness.

Now, imagine what happens when you teach 10,000 people to do this, and then they teach others. And then repeat that in 50 or 100 countries. This is all doable in the next 12-24 months.

Is that worth doing? I think so. How do we do it? We shoot the moon. The folks who have good enough domains, can do it. The rest will have to work their way there.

What is good enough? Well, since I have seen many two word brandable .COM domains sell for more than $100K in 2019, I think there is still plenty of room for upside. Worst case, you lease it instead.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back