IT.COM

discuss .XYZ THREAD - Sales, Regs, Discussion, News, Debates

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

artstar

Top Member
Impact
I searched out all the threads and there isn't an officially designated .xyz thread so how about this one to cover the subject?

So to start off my first xyz reg is:

SH3.xyz
:xf.grin:

Sh stands for Shanghai

May have little value if any but I like short domains as possible that I can get in new extensions and with majority of numbers taken I figured why not for the low reg fee right now. Plus it sorry of rhymes.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Maybe Josie is all right because I think that's a real name / nickname.

Olena, Marly and Marli are also real names (first names) and Oxman is a surname (last name). @Nat Hunt @MasterOfMyDomains

Rache can also be short for Rachel sometimes but it has a negative meaning to some people.

Last edited:
•••
Olena is also a real name (first name) and Oxman is a surname (last name).

Rache can also be short for Rachel sometimes but it has a negative meaning to some people.

You should really get into studying sales. Look at what more common names are selling for in that extension:

First Names
tommy - 129
julia - 400
kristin - 109
katy - 130
stella - 119
paul - 1,999 good sale

Last Names
jones - 146

I'm guessing you got these for reg fee? So at least you won't be losing that much or you could at least flip them real quick and make a little something maybe.

•••
You should really get into studying sales. Look at what more common names are selling for in that extension:

First Names
tommy - 129
julia - 400
kristin - 109
katy - 130
stella - 119
paul - 1,999 good sale

Last Names
jones - 146

I'm guessing you got these for reg fee? So at least you won't be losing that much or you could at least flip them real quick and make a little something maybe.

Thanks for the advice, but every other 5L name I could think of is taken. And you're right, I bought all of them at Reg-Fee for $1.88. I learned a lot from you and will be focusing on sales. I am only buying again now for shorter single words / combinations.

I am concerned that Domain.Name might be worth more than DomainName.xyz so I am buying words / combinations that can't be hacked, at least effectively.

•••
•••
Olden and Nervy arn't bad.

Olden - relating to former times

Nervy - Bold (Good brandable IMO)

Can you give me some brandable sales in .xyz? You're not helping him out any by encouraging brandables in .xyz, when keyword sales are a struggle.

•••
Can you give me some brandable sales in .xyz? You're not helping him out any.

I can't but doesn't mean there won't be any at some point. XYZ is young, you know that.

He asked my opinion so he can take it or leave it. ;)

•••
I can't but doesn't mean there won't be any at some point. XYZ is young, you know that.

He asked my opinion so he can take it or leave it. ;)

What I know is people invest in certain extensions and when people post up bad purchases, they will tell them it's good. Not for them, but for themselves. Horrible you would encourage it, just because you're invested in that extension. So you think brandables in .xyz are good. Come back to this thread in the future. Do you have brandables in this extension?

•••
Nervy - Bold (Good brandable IMO)

Nervy can mean bold but it can also mean:

Impudent.
- not showing due respect for another person; impertinent

It would be a lot better if it only meant Bold!

P.S. Thank you for giving me feedback. I like hearing from different investors on both sides of the isle.

•••
What I know is people invest in certain extensions and when people post up bad purchases, they will tell them it's good. Not for them, but for themselves. Horrible you would encourage it, just because you're invested in that extension. So you think brandables in .xyz are good. Come back to this thread in the future.

You can spin it however you'd like but I'm not a pumper and have no problem telling someone when I think its bad. For what he has invested it's an easy hold for a few years and see what happens, JMO.

•••
So you think brandables in .xyz are good.

4L.xyz brandables can be good, at least to invest at reg-fee and hold (too late now).

5L.xyz brandables can be okay, depending on the name.

6L.xyz is only good for non-obscure dictionary words ( I agree with @Nat Hunt here ).

•••
•••
I own:

IndieMusic.xyz and Indify.xyz .

•••
What I know is people invest in certain extensions and when people post up bad purchases, they will tell them it's good. Not for them, but for themselves. Horrible you would encourage it, just because you're invested in that extension. So you think brandables in .xyz are good. Come back to this thread in the future. Do you have brandables in this extension?

I'm glad finally someone said that. I have noticed for a long time that people encourage others to buy names in an extension they're stuck in.. I guess with the thinking that the more registrations in that extensions then the more valuable their own names.

Last edited:
•••
What if it was in .com, would these be good?
Some of them would be "more valuable" but obscure names are not easy to sell in any extension. Try to avoid creative names, people don't want them as usually only the creator likes them ;)

Namebio is a good place to study:
https://namebio.com/?s=wNzUjMxUDN

And shows what JB Lions said. For example:
universal.xyz $520
txt.xyz $1,311
training.xyz $799
supplier.xyz $313
jones.xyz $146

All sold within the last month

If such great names as above are only fetching moderate prices (or really good if you consider the TLD) then things like yours are worth a lot less. You could argue yours would get high $xx to low $xxx, but with less end users to sell to (than single dictionary words) means likely longer to wait for a sale too.

I would hold on to the better ones though (the real names in full you have) for a year or two. If xyz picks up more mainstream then the value of yours should go up too.

•••
I would hold on to the better ones though (the real names in full you have) for a year or two. If xyz picks up more mainstream then the value of yours should go up too.

Thanks for the reply James. The sales on Namebio are good to look at but I expect to make sales in .xyz at a more Premium price than the average domainer. I believe I will be able to do it. Time will tell.

•••
•••
•••
I would honestly place the value of jones.xyz right at $100 USD based on other sales and prices I've seen. First name / Last name to an end user in xyz should be right around $100 but probably not more.

•••
I would honestly place the value of jones.xyz right at $100 USD based on other sales and prices I've seen. First name / Last name to an end user in xyz should be right around $100 but probably not more.

just out of curiosity. what do you think about the names gary , michelle and caesar as far as prices go, what would you see it going for, be honest I wont get mad ;)

•••
gary, a four letter extremely common first name in .xyz = $500 - $1,000
.com would be worth $200,000 imho

michelle = $500 - $1,000

caesar.. not so common especially in N. America.. maybe $200 would be fair for .xyz
.com would be $50,000 at least

all my opinions

I guess what I am saying is that THERE IS money to be made in .xyz both now and going forward.. but some people are starting to equate .xyz with .com and that's a huge mistake because .com is worth so much more.

•••
•••

First Names
tommy - 129
julia - 400
kristin - 109
katy - 130
stella - 119
paul - 1,999 good sale

Last Names
jones - 146

Hi,
Just stumbled on this page, and just want to inform that Julia .xyz sales didnt complete. I have it & it is right now directed at flippa sales page. However other name domains with me sold between $100-200.

•••
•••
I have cops.xyz only but it could have some value in nearfuture.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back