Domain Empire

new gtlds .XYZ set to be TOP extension in 2 years time! OFFICIAL Countdown and celebration thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
This may be news to some people, but I have been lovingly informed many times that .XYZ is going to overtake .COM as the top extension online within 2 years. Here is but a few:

xyz will be the first choice next 1 -2 years
I'll bet you right here on this date that XYZ will grow bigger than .com in the next two years, and then you, my friend, will have nothing but regret.

Well, I know that most people on here won't want to miss the boat on this one, so this thread can serve as a tracker for .XYZ's great rise to greatness and hegemony 🏆!

People said that when .top was the number 1 new GTLD in terms of registration count for a few months at least, that it meant it was going to be the top one overall, but unfortunately that didn't happen, >>all of the signs were there<<, but now LITERALLY ALL of the signs are there for XYZ and we're going to make sure it's on track. This thread is going to serve as undisputable proof of such signs to show that it's on track to being #1.

.XYZ has a chance because it's three seldom used letters at the end of a domain instead of a word like .TOP (or worse, the sickening and wholly useless .COM 🤢, for which it is now impossible to find a good domain) and domainers are saying it is so more often this time than with .top and they are more invested this time than ever before, so it must be true and who am I to say otherwise?

So this is it people... by posting this thread I am starting the:

2 YEAR OFFICIAL COUNTDOWN 🔢 TO XYZ's METIORIC RISE TO THE TOP 💥.

Post rules:
I would appreciate it if you could keep all posts in this thread to factual and numeric updates on the meteoric rise of .XYZ so that it can be understood by all. It is not a debate thread, nor is it to discuss whether or not this is going to happen, that is cut and dried now - it's happening, I have been told too many times. 2 years and it's done, we can put it to bed, I'll have egg on my face but we can all get on with our lives and make a killing as we've all been warned now.

NO thanks ❌
- Debates
- Slating .XYZ
- Lies

YES please ✅
- The number of days counting down to 24th August 2024
- Cold hard figures from reputable source(s) that compare .XYZ to .COM to show the progress of the inevitable and METIORIC RISE of .XYZ. Including but not limited to counts of: total registrations, developed domains, parked domains, registrations per day, sales figures and likelihood of reaching goal
- Include sources
- Whether it is on track to being the TOP extension or not given the figures

NB: The examples given are for representative purposes only, please don't goad them, this post isn't intended to target them, it's not that serious.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ApesNetwork + more are available for reg. In a few years, 2 words will have run dry thorough.
I mean decent 2 word names, not random crap. Random crap is always available in any extension.

Last edited:
•••
.xyz is on the map recently mainly because of one seller.
Now imagine that seller 'sales disappeared.
What do you see now?
.xyz always was a fishy extension, not to mention the founder....

•••
Even with the steady increase in.XYZ registrations, .COM is the DOMINANT SPECIE while .XYZ is among the RECESSIVE SPECIES just like other extensions that hyped in the past.

•••
.xyz is on the map recently mainly because of one seller.
Now imagine that seller 'sales disappeared.
What do you see now?
.xyz always was a fishy extension, not to mention the founder....

Except there have been xyz sales by others outside of this 'one seller' (she who must not be named it seems).

Last edited:
•••
It's great to be optimistic, but keep it realistic. And that includes cynical threads started by someone who doesn't even invest in dot-xyz. The premise is based on personal bias partly grounded in off-handed and obviously ridiculous remarks by users who have nothing to lose in terms of accountability to what they post.

And now you're walking the same path.
I have been realistic and this thread is intended to be exactly that! Figures, facts about XYZ to drive out the reality of the situation. This thread is needed.

To be fair you don't know what names I have, xyz or otherwise. Though I don't go around telling everyone exactly what names I've got, I can say that I use figures as my guide about what to invest in and what not to, I don't use how many threads/posts there are on Namepros, how many sales one seller or anecdotes about other's sales or whether someone has a "hunch" about it.

So for this post, it's already been useful. We've established that one person who keeps saying XYZ is really rising has based their opinion from figures that are simply wrong from domainnamestat.

Except there have been xyz sales by others outside of this 'one seller' (she who must not be named it seems).
Unfortunately this is only anecdotal. It's no use. As per the thread rules please provide figures that we can verify so that we can track it over time and compare them to .com so that we can confirm that XYZ is on track to hit the 2 year hegemony.

•••
🚀 🚀 🚀 .COM 🌕 🌕 🌕

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Sry, but I think the hype is justified.

@MadAboutDomains the sales, Swetha as well as other post, are real and legitimate.

1) Do you have any doubts about the legitimacy of them?!

When was the last time you heard about the frequent sale of domains (of any ext, incl. com) in the sphere of 25k - 125k price range?!

It clearly indicates a hype, by my opinion.

Next question:
2) Are they being used?!

Well, swetha sometimes posts past sale domains, and what has come out of it (developed, realized).

@Bob Hawkes just recently published a list of the 150+ biggest web3 companies, and we see that most of them use -com.

This is totally understandable, as most of them can afford it (biggest web3 companies).

I hope Bob may make another research, where he analyzes how many of the web3 companies in general use .xyz extension... or others, like network or app.

That would be eye opening I think -
as we could anticipate, how fame and popular the xyz extension is within the blockchain / web3 community.

I don't think that we would have to debate then.

Otherwise, xyz is not hyped within other business fields.

Regards

•••
have any businesses used XYZ yet?

•••
Sry, but I think the hype is justified.

@MadAboutDomains the sales, Swetha as well as other post, are real and legitimate.

1) Do you have any doubts about the legitimacy of them?!

When was the last time you heard about the frequent sale of domains (of any ext, incl. com) in the sphere of 25k - 125k price range?!

It clearly indicates a hype, by my opinion.

Next question:
2) Are they being used?!

Well, swetha sometimes posts past sale domains, and what has come out of it (developed, realized).

@Bob Hawkes just recently published a list of the 150+ biggest web3 companies, and we see that most of them use -com.

This is totally understandable, as most of them can afford it (biggest web3 companies).

I hope Bob may make another research, where he analyzes how many of the web3 companies in general use .xyz extension... or others, like network or app.

That would be eye opening I think -
as we could anticipate, how fame and popular the xyz extension is within the blockchain / web3 community.

I don't think that we would have to debate then.

Otherwise, xyz is not hyped within other business fields.

Regards
Golden.com has a way of searching for crypto and web3 projects. Perhaps someone can pull out how many projects are using .xyz.

Numbers are key here not anecdotes if possible please. Also comparisons to .com

•••
•••
google search, type " site:xyz "
Maybe you can do our update for the current day? See my first post for an example but plug in the values you see fit... As long as they are accurate and include sources it will be good!

•••
XYZ's popularity is rising and may soon become a chic/brag/socialmedia TLD for some businesses, but it will never come close to taking over .Com.

Last edited:
•••
google search, type " site:xyz "

.COM 25,270,000,000
.ORG 9,430,000,000
.NET 4,760,000,000
.INFO 541,000,000
.XYZ 296,000,000
.BIZ 153,000,000

•••
I mean, I do see that there are a few random companies using it, mostly all non-English speaking. I admit that I am surprised there are any companies using it at all. XYZ to me really doesn't convey a sense of "business" and seems more suited to an information site (ABC sort of implies the beginning of knowledge about something, and XYZ seems to imply the completion of that knowledge. But when I look at https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=site:.xyz I notice 3 of the first 10 links do not even use the roman alphabet, so these subtle meanings relating to the western alphabet might be lost in translation.

You can't really go by the number of domains at all because there have been XYZ sales all over the place for like $1 so this has created a flood of one-time registrations.

I think there is -zero- chance of it overtaking COM. That's just based on the simple fact that everyone in the world today knows that most people use and prefer COM for business. Even in entry-level computing textbooks it teaches about COM, NET, and ORG, and what each represents. Most people alive today grew up during the ".COM Boom" in the 90s, so-called because companies -only- used .com. There seems to be a lot of hype around XYZ in the domain world right now, possibly due to heavy marketing, but I am skeptical that we will still be talking about crazy XYZ sales 5 years from now. I also think that recent NFT.XYZ $8M offer was fake. I could definitely be wrong about all of this though, it wouldn't be the first time. I wish you guys the best of luck with all of this.

Last edited:
•••
Zooming in on the charts (even if the source is off, it should be equally off on both TLDs), it doesn't look like XYZ is overtaking XYZ in growth.

Interesting jump in number of registrations for both TLDs. You will see this sudden spike on all gTLDs during this period btw.

Definitely not tld related and I bet it has to do with the state the world was in at the given moment in time.

Screenshot_20220826-205253.png
Screenshot_20220826-204901.png

•••
Zooming in on the charts (even if the source is off, it should be equally off on both TLDs), it doesn't look like XYZ is overtaking XYZ in growth.

Interesting jump in number of registrations for both TLDs. You will see this sudden spike on all gTLDs during this period btw.

Definitely not tld related and I bet it has to do with the state the world was in at the given moment in time.

Show attachment 221805Show attachment 221804
That domain name stat appears to be out by about 8 million XYZ registrations btw. Considering ntldstat and domain tools reports circa 4 mill XYZ names that's a big miss.

I would like to know if it is wrong, why and if not why not obviously. Cause I might just be misunderstanding the figures shown on there.

Last edited:
•••
That has some truth, but mainly their numbers are just wrong across the board. :)

.COM and .XYZ are nowhere close to what it claims.

I mean look at .COM, it looks like it went from 160M to 200M in zero time.
There is just something wrong with their data.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Hey, looks like .xyz is half way to the glorious heights of .info! Sky's the limit!

•••
I just checked the root zone file and there are 69,025 XYZ domains that contain the word "meta". Wow

That's 1.64% of the total registrations...

18,228 contain the word "metaverse".
14,969 contain the phrase "web3".
24,706 contain the word "crypto".
26,232 contain the word "ape".

So that's 135,023 (3.25%) of XYZ domains that are speculative to begin with and that's just based on what I've pieced together in the last 2 minutes fro the data. I dread to think what other things are registered... not everyone can jump on the exact same trend and expect to turn a profit.

Has the main seller of XYZ names sold a single name with these key words in them? If not, then why not if other people think they're a good investment...?

I will perform further analysis on this later this week, if others haven't already by then. I've just compared the count I got back to the value from ntldstats for now, so I'll try to get more accurate figures soon.

Last edited:
•••
That domain name stat appears to be out by about 8 million XYZ registrations btw. Considering ntldstat and domain tools reports circa 4 mill XYZ names that's a big miss.

I would like to know if it is wrong, why and if not why not obviously. Cause I might just be misunderstanding the figures shown on there.

That has some truth, but mainly their numbers are just wrong across the board. :)

.COM and .XYZ are nowhere close to what it claims.

I mean look at .COM, it looks like it went from 160M to 200M in zero time.
There is just something wrong with their data.

Brad

You guys are right. I'm not sure what their data is based on. The owner is a member here if memory serves me right.

Anyway, numbers can be verified by exploring the root zone file although historical data is harder to analyse if you haven't been keeping track.

Another interesting angle might be to keep track on number (and amount) of sales compared to number of registrations.

Personally can't be bothered to run exact numbers as at first glance I don't see any other extension overtaking .com anytime soon, if ever.

•••
Anyway, numbers can be verified by exploring the root zone file although historical data is harder to analyse if you haven't been keeping track.
That's the best way to measure, indeed (well not root, but tld zone file). The amount of approximately 4MM as mentioned earlier is reliable. There are currently 4,214,390 domains present in the .XYZ zone file, of which 6,629 were added in the last 24 hours (net).

1661555183267.png

Last edited:
•••
Has the main seller of XYZ names sold a single name with these key words in them? If not, then why not if other people think they're a good investment...?
Why are you and others in this thread afraid to mention 'she who must not be named'? Is it fear of given 'the main seller' more publicity (and potential xyz sales)? It's somewhat amusing seeing the effort to keep the seller's name off here lol.

Last edited:
•••
Why are you and others in this thread afraid to mention 'she who must not be named'? Is it fear of given 'the main seller' more publicity (and potential xyz sales)? It's somewhat amusing seeing the effort to keep the seller's name off here lol.
No, it's a bit rude to go around bleating someone's name all the time don't you think?

I don't want to drag them into everything to do with XYZ. They have a right to privacy as much as the next person... If they want to be in the discussion then that's up to them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back