Dynadot

news .XYZ Planning “biggest sale the domain world has ever seen”

Spaceship
Watch

Dondomainer

domainnamescom.comTop Member
Impact
I saw the tweet below from .XYZ CEO Daniel Negari, and I reached out to him to see if he could share what he has planned for the company’s anniversary. From the looks of it, we are going to hear a lot about .XYZ domain names via domain name registrar channels and perhaps other outlets.

read more:

https://gen.xyz/two

Comment :

“biggest sale the domain world has ever seen" - Means what ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
does anyone still care about that BS hype?

•••
At least the domains are now being sold for what they are worth.

•••
biggest sale the domain world has ever seen - Means what ?

I was wondering what they were going to do to keep the numbers up. Anniversary is coming up, means renewals are coming up. They've had them under $2 at many places for awhile now. So lots of speculation, probably not the best renewal rates.

.top has registrars where you can get them at .40 cents. .40, .41, .48

https://namestat.org/top

Being competitive and for the statement to be true, I'm sure they want to beat .top.

I was going to say somewhere between free and 40 cents but could they go even further and pay people to register names? Give it to you free plus a buck or two? And then hoping to make the money in renewals. Get it into people's hands as cheap as possible, go all in hoping to get renewals.

So I'm going with somewhere under 40 cents.

Last edited:
•••
NamePros auction section is going to be filled with these domains pretty soon.

•••
I found this in namecheap :

Starting from June 1, 2016 .xyz domain renewals will be billed at 20% off the regular renewal price for the duration of the renewal period.

•••
People said there would be a major drop after all the NetSol freebies expired. Now its more than double.
Probably a lot expired, so they are trying to offset the deletions with ultra-cheap new registrations.
The aim is to boost the registration count. But is that a meaningful measure of success ?
After all .tk is the biggest ccTLD.

•••
400,000 sales threads coming soon.

Just when I thought ultra premium rare deluxe Chinese pattern threads were over, we're in for more fun in the days to come. :lookaround:

•••
•••
•••
Personally, I don't care much if the .XYZ is 0.1 or 1, or even 10 dollars.

I am buying keywords that I think I can sell for at least $xxx, not a load of crap...

•••
Screenshot made around 2:00 AM.
From https://gen.xyz/premiums
Let's see how much crapola like 6N or cccc is registered today.

2016-06-01--07-58-12.png

Last edited:
•••
I don't like .XYZ but for 2 cents per registration, its worth the risk. Register as many as possible, put them for sale at BIN and let expire all unsold in a year from now.

This is perfect for beginners. Simply 0 risk of losing money.

•••
this is the final effort in sucking as much money from (unaware) domainers as possible as they know 99.999% of the valuable domains are long gone... maybe your better of investing in trash, at least you will have a physical object you can throw at people if the need arise.

i agree that the best thing is to set BIN and if it doesnt sell let it drop after the year, because no way you will renew 1000 domains that you got for 1 buck at the renewal of atleast 8 bucks which comes up to atleast 8000 dollars from the 1 dollar investment which is just crazy.

tldr; give your cents/sense to buddha like the ceo, and not to highly probably cyberwaste

* meanwhile 1nitestand is regging thousands of .xyz's.. while people take his advise seriously and t leave all the diamonds in the rough for him..xD /evil .xyz world domination smile *

Last edited:
•••
eventually they will pay people to register them

•••
Just plain garbage, not even worth reading.

•••
“biggest sale the domain world has ever seen" - Means what ?

20% off means the biggest sale the domain world has ever seen?! It is not astonishing. Let us wait to see how this hype turns out.

Last edited:
•••
Say what you want, but these promotions end up creating new xyz domains for the market and more end-users. That's only good for resellers. :D

•••
I like Namecheap. And I'm only using credit that I have from previous sales that is in my account. That is why I am trying to order from them. If it was a domain I really wanted, I would try another registrar. But, if I can't sell it, then thats fine. It's worth the gamble to me. (A few domains I am planning to keep.)

NAME CHEAP ALERT

Due to the tremendous response to our $0.02 XYZ sale, it may take longer for .XYZ registrations to be processed. Please allow 12-24 hours for the order to be completed. You'll receive an email once the registration is successful, if by any chance it's not - we'll issue a full refund.

•••
Okay.... .XYZ is on sale for 1 cent @ Uniregistry!!! I agree its YUGE discount. But all the good keywords were taken long back.

I was sitting in front of my computer with my finger on the trigger on release day. Even then most of the names I wanted were taken. I ended up with about 50 that I really like. It's been 2 years and I've had some inquiries which led to 2 real offers which I turned down.

Just my opinion, but obscure/long names in this extension have no resale market at this point. Why pay $100 for TheRealKeyword.xyz when the .link and .click are available for 5 dollars.

•••
I honestly do not understand why people registered .xyz in this moment. - because what I read between lines after this falling prices was - runs a safe place. - or am I wrong ?!

I would not think buy stocks in fall, if the trend is down, will continue further down.
I spent maybe $2. It was fun and I have a year to try and make my money back. I go buy a Powerball ticket for $2 and it's trash the next morning. Frankly, I think my odds are better with the xyz on getting my money back or even profitting.

•••
•••
A day is near to come when you will get $1 to buy an .xyz domain... Mark my words!

•••
10K domain names for $100, 100K domain names for $1000...anyone? :rolleyes:

•••
Whether or not you like the .xyz extension, this guy keeps surprising.
A lot of people have been sceptical, but he is still on .top and has a clear mission and vision. I'm looking forward to see how this works out.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back