question $xx,xxx - Escrow.com with Namecheap registrar

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

anhnguyenict

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

Please help me !

I have a domain name transaction ($xx,xxx) and I'm seller.
The current registrar of the domain is Namecheap. (I transfered from Godaddy last month).

It's my first sales. So I don't know how to sell safely.
I want to using Escrow.com because the fee is slow. I made a transaction on Escrow.com and waiting payment from Buyer.

Refer: https://www.escrow.com/services/domain-and-website-escrow/how-domain-escrow-works.aspx

However, I have some question:

1/ How to setup push function at Escrow.com instead of transfer (because less than 60 days)?

2/ After I push domain to Buyer account, then she change Info and make a complaint with Escrow.com about I'm scammer. How to secure my domain in this case?

Please help me in detail !

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1) You transfer the domain directly to the buyer, so tell them to give you their Namecheap info for the push.

2) Take a screenshot of the whois with the date and time and also of your registrar account so that you can prove that you were the owner.

Escrow.com isn't my favorite because of the fact that they don't take the domain into escrow which leaves a security gap like the one OP described.

•••
•••
•••
You got a $xx,xxx offer and still waiting for buyer to pay? Ask yourself this...

Did you verify this person meaning can you find info about them online?
How long have you been waiting for payment?
What country are they from?

Sometimes you can get escrow transactions started but it may never complete. Do your homework on the buyer first.

•••
•••
You got a $xx,xxx offer and still waiting for buyer to pay? Ask yourself this...

Did you verify this person meaning can you find info about them online?
How long have you been waiting for payment?
What country are they from?

Sometimes you can get escrow transactions started but it may never complete. Do your homework on the buyer first.

Yes, I verified buyer, she is owner and director of US company via Linkedin and Google.
I just create Escrow transaction in few hours ago.

However, I don't know how to secure my domain transfer. (push domain directly to her Namecheap account with Escrow).

•••
1) You transfer the domain directly to the buyer, so tell them to give you their Namecheap info for the push.

2) Take a screenshot of the whois with the date and time and also of your registrar account so that you can prove that you were the owner.

Escrow.com isn't my favorite because of the fact that they don't take the domain into escrow which leaves a security gap like the one OP described.

Can you elaborate on this - I've never heard of a case where someone has lost a domain and not got the money when they have used escrow.com - I have used them without problems

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

If your domain is currently locked because you have it registered for less than 60 days, the domain will need to be pushed to the buyer.

We hold the payment until the buyer accepts the domain and we verify the Whois information changed. We have additional security measures in place to verify the parties. When there is a dispute, we work with the parties to resolve it. If we are unable to resolve it, we have a dispute resolution in place. Please note that if the buyer or seller have a dispute, we will hold payment until it is resolved.

Thank you for your interest and feedback on Escrow.com taking control of the domain to transfer it from the seller to buyer. We are looking into this further and appreciate the suggestions. Please feel free to message me all questions, concerns, and suggestions.

Thank you,
Mauli

•••
Can you elaborate on this - I've never heard of a case where someone has lost a domain and not got the money when they have used escrow.com - I have used them without problems
Right. Also, there is nothing alarming about the fact that payment hasn't been received. Stuff happens, companies have procedures in place, initial payment methods may fail and need to be redone, etc.

•••
Yes, I verified buyer, she is owner and director of US company via Linkedin and Google.

However, I don't know how to secure my domain transfer. (push domain directly to her Namecheap account with Escrow).

Ok a few hours is nothing then but YOU will have to push the domain to HER Escrow does nothing with the domain only the funds. So you will need her Namecheap account to push to so she needs to send you this. Hope the sale goes through.

•••

You should have no problem! Seems a serious buyer and the escrow will do exactly what you need. Secure the funds and release them for you once it is confirmed you have pushed the domain.

•••
Hello,

If your domain is currently locked because you have it registered for less than 60 days, the domain will need to be pushed to the buyer.

We hold the payment until the buyer accepts the domain and we verify the Whois information changed. We have additional security measures in place to verify the parties. When there is a dispute, we work with the parties to resolve it. If we are unable to resolve it, we have a dispute resolution in place. Please note that if the buyer or seller have a dispute, we will hold payment until it is resolved.

Thank you for your interest and feedback on Escrow.com taking control of the domain to transfer it from the seller to buyer. We are looking into this further and appreciate the suggestions. Please feel free to message me all questions, concerns, and suggestions.

Thank you,
Mauli
It's a great suggestion: By taking control of the domain (by a quick push to an escrow holding account at any given register), Escrow can push the domain themselves to the buyer. This eliminates scams or confusion and makes the process smoother.

"Pushing" is ideal too rather than transferring because it's super fast--even a few minutes...
Better than waiting 7 days for a transfer...It's a win win for both buyer and seller and Escrow. (Safer transaction, seller gets paid faster, buyer gets domain in no time, and escrow get their cut immediately)
The End.

•••
If you've verified the identity of your buyer then I honestly don't foresee any issues, I doubt they'd risk their reputation.

•••
Yes, She paid and Escrow approved payment.

At step 3 of Escrow process: Please transfer domain only to this address
- email of buyer
- name of buyer
- address of buyer

No info about Namecheap account (or registrar ) is mention in Escrow transaction.

And she email to me your Namecheap account (using another email and info). Please advice me what should I do!

•••
Try to send mail to "email of buyer" that you got from Escrow and ask for her Namecheap account info.

•••

I believe you can request that. They provide that with domain holding (financing) transactions. I'm not saying they do with regular transactions, but it's a possibility - try reaching out to their support team.

•••
Hello,

Thank you,
Mauli

If buyer after received domain, will hide their data to privacy protect and say, that he still didn't received a domain, then can you contact with current registrar and obtain information about a current owner?

•••
I've used Escrow.com several times without issues and their support is really helpful.

Said that, knowing your buyers it's a must. Provide your buyer with all your data to generate trust (website, Linkedin profile, etc) and ask for the same. The negotiation process it's also important because it gives you an image of the behaviour of the buyer.

•••
So the next question is.. How do you plan to spend your $xx,xxx? ;)

Congratulations! :)

•••
Hello,

Once payment is received and we notify you transfer can occur, you will need to contact the buyer. Since you are doing an account change (push) within the same registrar, please contact your buyer and ask them for their account information so you may push the domain within the same registrar. You may always copy Escrow support on the emails.

When there are questions on if the push occurred and a disagreement, the seller receives email notification from the registrar that the domain is removed from their account and pushed to another. We asked that all documentation from the registrar is saved in case needed for verification purposes.

Congratulations on your sale!

•••
The transaction has been marked as accepted.

Waiting Escrow.com closes the transaction and disburses funds.

I exciting with my first domain name sales. The $xx,xxx sales.

Thanks all

•••
The transaction has been marked as accepted.

Waiting Escrow.com closes the transaction and disburses funds.

I exciting with my first domain name sales. The $xx,xxx sales.

Thanks all

Gotta say I am jealous! I have not cracked the 5 digit barrier yet. Congrats to you and PLEASE give us details of the sale when complete. I am actually happy for you man!

•••
@anhnguyenict very exciting. I am dreaming now. Can you share more? Which domain name? How the deal happened etc?

•••
I just want to say congratulations on the sale and I sure hope it completes without any issues :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back