Dynadot

www.Ậ.net question

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
rocknrollo said:
Are names like this worth anything?
www.Ậ.net
It depends. This looks like a latin letter with two accents, which makes it a three keystroke domain at best. Latin is not widely spoken these days so I'd say it's not worth very much.

However, single letters (and single keystroke) in widely spoken languages would be worth quite a bit IMO.

•••
Seems to be Vietnamese. It would appear to stand alone as as a single word. Not sure how common it is but it is likely to have some value in the future, but current market value is negligible.

Might also mean something in Welsh! but don't ask me what!

•••
The circumflex (acen grom) is a Welsh accent- usually makes an long 'ahh' sound in Welsh. (As in the name Siân).

Can be used as 'as' or 'with' in Welsh but it depends on the context.

It is also used in French and Portuguese (and I think Norwegian)- and I wouldn't be suprised if it was in a few more related languages too.

[Edit- added below]
I didn't notice the anusvara underneath the letter, I think this indicates a nasalistation- so with the two accents it has no meaning in Welsh so would think that Rubber Duck's comment that it is Vietnamese is right- I have no idea ho popular this character would be in Vietnamese, the fact that it is hard to see the accent underneath with the traditional hyperlink line can only serve as a devaluer...
(sorry- It would've been quite cool without the anusvara)

Last edited:
•••
That letter is not used in Dutch.

•••
it's also used in romanian

•••
phpnoobs said:
it's also used in romanian

With or without the anusvara? (The accent underneath the a)

I know the a with circumflex is used, the country name being the obvious example- România.

I thought Romanian sometimes used commas as accents under some letters- but not A. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

•••
No ... in romanian â it's a letter (not a with accent) ...and it's read something like ... ih...or ah...I can't reproduce the exact reading of the letter.Anyway ...it's a frequent one...but more frequent is: ă which I think it's used only by Romanians
More romanian letters: î, ţ, ş and this are used as letters not like letters with accents
Anyway...I don't think names like ă, î, ş, ţ, â are worth something....just IMO...

oh...just now I've seen the anusvara ...no ...in romanian the letter it's used without anusvara

Last edited:
•••
Thought so!

phpnoobs said:
oh...just now I've seen the anusvara ...no ...in romanian the letter it's used without anusvara

And this proves my point- the accent is so hard to see as a hyperlink, the letter is misread- so as everyone else said it's practically worthless, I bet â.net will get a lot of ?.net's type-in traffic- if there is any that is.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back