IT.COM

advice WTF is this guy talking about?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
How do you explain to a chick what you do for a living as a domainer without making it sound like the most boring job on earth? How can you spin this to make it look interesting without boasting? Maybe i'll just pretend to be an architect...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Best way to pick up chicks ,go to a bar and start licking your eye brows

•••
***Edit-out********** for future Domain Cartoon

Unless you pull up to her house in a Ferrari, Lambo, Jaguar that you bought with domain profits, say you are an artist or musician.. You at least will have a chance.

Last edited:
•••
How do you explain to a chick what you do for a living as a domainer without making it sound like the most boring job on earth? How can you spin this to make it look interesting without boasting? Maybe i'll just pretend to be an architect...
Pretty easy - the explanation should be given on your own yacht, in a tropical latitude, opening a $500 champagne...

•••
"I catch various droppings and resell them at the market"... better have clean fingernails if you say that...

•••
Just say "Hi my name is Frank/Shilling, I am an Internet millionaire who owns my own registry and invests in million dollar domain names. " :xf.grin::xf.laugh:

•••
There is one easy solution: date women domainers.
I'm Married to one, so I can say that dating another domain investor can be a solution. :p ;)

•••
I'm Married to one, so I can say that dating another domain investor can be a solution. :p ;)

As long as you agree on the fundamentals and not bicker over gTLDs :)

•••
Just be yourself, and honest about what you do, and you'll find the right one who cares for you for who you really are!
:sick: :vomit::xf.grin:

•••
Don't mix up Domainer Girlfriend with Domain. They are two different animals.

One you want lot of traffic, the other one you don't want any traffic.

•••
I can think of plenty of other jobs that chicks would find more boring than domaining, insurance claims adjusters for instance as there's never anything new... besides another accident, of course.

Lmao, rude. I am an Public Claims Adjuster and I love this job, helping people and making good money in the process.

•••
Lmao, rude. I am an Public Claims Adjuster and I love this job, helping people and making good money in the process.
Yeah, but how do women react to that information? :rolleyes:

•••
How do you explain to a chick

If you're trying to explain anything to "chicks" you might want to aim a little higher in age and date a "woman".

Its just a break room boy's talk.

"boy's talk" is pretty accurate. Thankfully there are enough men around here to make up for that sort of talk.

Yes guys...but there are women too on this forum and I think it should be taken into consideration. I am sure you understand.

There goes a man now.

Working on it, why i'm here...who better to help on this specific matter

After you aim a little higher in age range just tell them you work in sales. Then when you get to know her, you can be more specific and say domain sales.

"I catch various droppings and resell them at the market"

Ewwww. That sounds like a shitty career.

•••
Been with my fiance for 5 years, lol, she doesn't mind, but I do more than just Claims Adjusting...
Yeah, but how do women react to that information? :rolleyes:
been with my fiancé for 5 years yesterday, she didn't mind... guess it comes down to what type of woman you are dealing with.

I make my own schedule so it's great for vacationing and free time.

•••
•••
thread title may be best in history of Namepros

Last edited:
•••

Tell her if she drops you'll catch her, cause she's a premium.

•••
d7c7a050465cd0e1eea943393093b0781c90cab072013062474b1a5783f66054.jpg

•••
•••
You could mention a couple funny domain names that you've seen. I have found that my friends understand better what I'm doing by mentioning them. And it's a good laugh

•••
Just tell her the truth. What if she finds it interesting and starts it too ? Then it will be a great thing to do

•••
At least she'll know you're the master of your domain. :)

•••
You have to go with the truth. You're an investor in domain names. Naming is the oldest profession. See Genesis 2:19. It's interesting. Don't worry that it won't be interesting to someone else. I once spent an entire dinner out explaining the Commerce Clause to my partner & how it made the 1960's civil rights laws possible & he still loves me. If someone is into you, they'll be interested in what you do. And truth be told, domaining is fun and interesting. At least I think so. But then I thought the Commerce Clause was fun and interesting too, so you might want to keep that in mind.

•••
Tell them," I work on websites, more importantly, what do you do?"
She'll talk about herself for hours, its the best conversation she'll have in a long time.

•••
Online properties investor is just fine.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back