IT.COM

advice WTF is this guy talking about?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
How do you explain to a chick what you do for a living as a domainer without making it sound like the most boring job on earth? How can you spin this to make it look interesting without boasting? Maybe i'll just pretend to be an architect...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
- You know that part of the Internet that's not Facebook?

- What, Instagram?

- No, not that. The other one.

- Ummm...Snapchat?

- Nope. The other part, outside of it all. It's called the WWW, the web.

- Never heard of that. How do I go there?

- You type a domain address in the browser.

- What is a browser? A domain? uh?

- Check please!

•••
There is one easy solution: date women domainers.

•••
I just figured out the best way ,have them watch an episode on domain Sherpa ,where all the BS artists tell some poor shmo that his hand regged domain is worth 10 to 20 grand. leave out the later part of the interview when these cheap B offer the guy a hundred bucks for it.

•••
Never had this issue ever come up. They always assumed I was into investing.

•••
Say your retired like domain king, works for him.. :)

•••
Say your retired like domain king, works for him.. :)
I had considered semi-retired since i don't work much anymore, but i dunno, makes me look older i think

•••
I had considered semi-retired since i don't work much anymore, but i dunno, makes me look older i think

Retired doesn't mean old, it's just that you have the cash to live without really working, or having a full time job. :xf.wink:

•••
I just figured out the best way ,have them watch an episode on domain Sherpa ,where all the BS artists tell some poor shmo that his hand regged domain is worth 10 to 20 grand. leave out the later part of the interview when these cheap B offer the guy a hundred bucks for it.
Tough sell on a 1st date, especially since most CH*CKS around here are french :)

•••
You're 40?
Then if anything it's interesting! (most people would need to work some decades longer)

•••
You're 40?
Then if anything it's interesting! (most people would need to work some decades longer)
Good point
Yeah, turned the big 4-0 two weeks ago

•••
Yeah! Lots of change going on the last week's/months.. you'll be doing great.

Happy Birthday! :)

•••
you could always direct her to this thread!

Cheers
Corey

•••
Unwatch Thread - advice WTF is this guy talking about?

•••
If you buy many crappy domains you can call yourself a hoarder.

If you are very selective in your purchases you can call yourself a Treasure Hunter.

•••
Last time I checked which was very often a woman never asked me how much money I make. Never was it a factor even. If you have nothing else to talk about or nothing that interests her beyond that then the problems obvious.

•••
Last time I checked which was very often a woman never asked me how much money I make. Never was it a factor even. If you have nothing else to talk about or nothing that interests her beyond that then the problems obvious.
I don't know if that's directed at me, but if so, i don't believe that is relevant to my posts...It would certainly not be my intention.

•••
@Matrix1976

just be honest

tell them you are selling dreams

•••
How do you explain to a chick what you do for a living as a domainer without making it sound like the most boring job on earth? How can you spin this to make it look interesting without boasting? Maybe i'll just pretend to be an architect...
I mean domaining is investing. So it's basically being an investor.

But seriously if you're domaining for a living, then you're not making a living :P, and that's what you should be more worried about with her lol. I'm not saying domainers can't make a living off of domianing, but those people usually have huge portfolios, have VIP badgets and appear on SHERPA.

Most domainers probably make $200 a month... not really something to brag to ur gf. It's mostly something u wanna hide under the thickest rug.

But since you've been around since 2004, I'm going to assume you've got either a huge portfolio or a small portfolio of names that any of us would drool over. Cheese.com etc. because u bought it early

•••
•••

you should choose smart People

•••
"It's all about the bush, i have the biggest" - (c) Zohan :xf.grin:

•••
How about you let women AND the dictionary speak? Or you think you know better than women what can or can't be considered offensive for them?

in all honestly, I hardly believe op created this thread with itnention of having women participate in it. so the things yuo seem to care about, they were not even remotely considered by op imo... and are more than likely essentially offtopic for this thread... its like you have girls nites out or something. this is probably the same.. but for guys.

something like that... if you know what I mean.. but again, you probably do not cause your not guy.

its how god did stuff... I don't understand 80% of woman brain either.

Last edited:
•••
How do you explain to a chick what you do for a living as a domainer without making it sound like the most boring job on earth?

Are you searching her approval? You're a man, you're 40 years old, children search women approval.
What does she thinks about YOUR job is not your problem.
it's your life, your work, she likes? well, Does not she like? It's her "problem", not your.

•••
There is one easy solution: date women domainers.
"Divorce settlement will be subject to a monthly alimony payable in LLL.com domain names"

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back