Dynadot

.ws .WS - The Discussion, Showcase and Sales Report Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

hugegrowth

DomainMedia.caTop Member
Impact
Well the .WS registry has been in the news this week for releasing all 5N to 20N combinations last night, and 2 and 3 character .ws will be available later in Feb with new pricing scheme.

.WS registry also has a presence on NP now:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/ws...-ws-domains-will-be-released-tomorrow.915224/

Obviously the China story may be creating a new market for short .WS domains. ALL of the NNNN.ws were bought out over three days this past December according to thedomains.com blog.

I registered some 5N.ws last night when they were released, anyone else stepping into .WS now?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Anyone hear anything on the status of what these guys are doing to promote .ws? They seem to have disappeared, at least from NP.

•••
Anyone hear anything on the status of what these guys are doing to promote .ws? They seem to have disappeared, at least from NP.
Hi Nat-apparently they had talked about opening an office in China-we own a few .ws pinyin names. You might want to ask Shane Cultra-I think he's involved unless of course it was all hype-who knows.

Last edited:
•••
Wasn't Shane a recent medium size investor in NNNN.WS?

•••
Ha. This is all so funny. Nobody ever said anyone was opening an office in China and I own zero NNNN.ws. Yes I purchased a lot of short .ws names. I own many NN.ws and LL.ws . The owner of .ws has been to China and had meetings. Announcements will be made when the timing is right. Things take time to develop.

•••
I stand corrected, NN.WS & LL.WS

•••
All 1 person, looks like Australia. Had to check the site nicked.net, some dropcatcher. Other .ws they have up for auction, all 0 bids. 1 person isn't any kind of movement.

Only other 2 sales Namebio have for the year:

properties.ws - $170
proxy.ws - $165

Only 9 reported sales for 2015, only 1 breaking $1,000. That one was some company getting sued for piracy.

Had a few of these myself back in the day, great keywords like Holland, sold if for $62, couldn't get more. Others, couldn't sell.

It's pretty dead, has been for awhile now. We'll see if the Chinese can pump some life into it, numerics at best. Regular keywords, probably not. Nothing pointing to that happening, especially with all these new gtlds and .web which can mean the same thing.

Decided to check sales since my last post:

A major term like coupons.ws only sold for $232 at Flippa in March

2 letter .ws, under $1000 - https://namebio.com/?s=AMzUzNwITN

3 number .ws under $1000, same link

Also, June 27th .web auction date, next month

Extra marketing at this point, this late in the game, can that get some positive return? Just don't see it.

•••
Ha. This is all so funny. Nobody ever said anyone was opening an office in China and I own zero NNNN.ws. Yes I purchased a lot of short .ws names. I own many NN.ws and LL.ws . The owner of .ws has been to China and had meetings. Announcements will be made when the timing is right. Things take time to develop.
It'd be nice to know if you sold your 1400 NNNNN then.
We registered 1400 5N.ws on opening day. We have quite a few nice names as well  But Josh did everything he could to get them before us  The DSAD.com gang are heavy hitters aka addicted domainers

•••
Let's face it, the chip market has gone soft, everything has fallen back and not so much interest outside .com anymore. If it comes back it will take some time IMO. It will be hard for .ws to break out at this point, and I did reg a bunch earlier in the year. So far it's a gamble that hasn't paid off. LL and NN can always do well though.

•••
What are you talking about? Of course they said they were considering opening an office in China.

•••
"I own zero NNNN.ws" In your newsletter of Feb4th 2016 you state " I bought 1400 5N.ws" Did you just skip the 3N and 4N ? Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Ha. This is all so funny.
Yup, hilarious - those who invested in CHIPs are rolling on the floor laughing :rolleyes:

Announcements will be made when the timing is right.
In a few months .ws registry will announce lower renewal fees because not only people are not buying their extension but they are dropping names en masse.

Did I guess it right? Do I get a cookie?

•••
I think instead of meeting with Chinese they should talk to Daniel Negari - he'll teach them how to spin BS and make even the crappy extension like .xyz popular.

•••
"I own zero NNNN.ws" In your newsletter of Feb4th 2016 you state " I bought 1400 5N.ws" Did you just skip the 3N and 4N ? Thank you.
I own some NNN.ws but the NNNN.ws were sold before I purchased my names

•••
I think instead of meeting with Chinese they should talk to Daniel Negari - he'll teach them how to spin BS and make even the crappy extension like .xyz popular.
As long as you are talking about XYZ I'm sure Daniel is happy

•••
Yup, hilarious - those who invested in CHIPs are rolling on the floor laughing :rolleyes:

The goal is to make money overall. There will be some things you lose money on. There will be even more you buy and it sits there doing nothing for a long time. The hope and goal is that a few will do well and cover the bad choices.

In a few months .ws registry will announce lower renewal fees because not only people are not buying their extension but they are dropping names en masse.

That was predicted a while ago. But have a cookie anyway

Did I guess it right? Do I get a cookie?
It'd be nice to know if you sold your 1400 NNNNN then.
I did not. Have not sold anything.

•••
What are you talking about? Of course they said they were considering opening an office in China.
That is absolutely not true. Link ?

•••
•••
I own some NNN.ws but the NNNN.ws were sold before I purchased my names
Sorry then I'm confused I could have sworn your Feb newsletter you said you bought 1400 5N with a partner I'll go back and look again.Thank you.

•••
Decided to check sales since my last post:

A major term like coupons.ws only sold for $232 at Flippa in March

2 letter .ws, under $1000 - https://namebio.com/?s=AMzUzNwITN

3 number .ws under $1000, same link

Also, June 27th .web auction date, next month

Extra marketing at this point, this late in the game, can that get some positive return? Just don't see it.
You could be right. I am going

•••
•••
I'm dropping my .ws names, there's no interest / sales and the renewals are now a crazy $24.99 each.

The registry messed up increasing renewals from $10 to $25 specially given that the aftermarket for this extension is pretty much dead.

Between that and the scammy past with GDI etc, makes no sense anymore.

•••
@mwzd - if you have any worth salvaging, BigRock.IN is having sale, regular price WS transfer is 1109 Indian Rupee equals 16.525 US Dollar and there are coupons for 25% off, please note this is BigRock.IN not BigRock.COM, they are different resellers. Haven't personally tested for WS, mine are good til next year

Post in this thread for details - https://www.namepros.com/threads/bigrock-discounts-com-1-48-net-2-98.952376/

•••
I'm dropping my .ws names, there's no interest / sales and the renewals are now a crazy $24.99 each.

The registry messed up increasing renewals from $10 to $25 specially given that the aftermarket for this extension is pretty much dead.

Between that and the scammy past with GDI etc, makes no sense anymore.

My thoughts exactly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back