IT.COM

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I appreciate your suggestions. Thank you!

I see you edited the error it was given in some post... f&%$$ing visual editor, :) I deactivated it. Thanks for letting me know

Regarding the use of tags... What you mean? I am using tags in most posts... Basically I structured the categories to be Brands... and I'm using tags to describe common features of the products: Binoculars, Monocular, Sights, etc.

You mean that I should use even more this feature or that I should include the tags of a post in its page?

•••
WillCast said:
I should include the tags of a post in its page?
Yes, that's what I was meant. I would suggest limiting your tags to 3 or less per post. Any more and it might appear as keyword stuffing.

•••
Done! Thank you.

Yes, I've used few words as tags, fortunelly 3 or less.

•••
Hello,

I would like to share a hint I'm sure many of you know but also many don't.

I noticed most of the ads being shown at NightVisionLens.com were related to a niche absolutelly different to the one I was aiming to.

I was aiming to the night vision market... and I was getting only ads related to the contact lens market.

Well... I decided to put the adsense bot in context:

In WordPress, I edited my archives.php, single.php and index.php template files, and I surrounded the title of the post between the following tags:
PHP:
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
<?php the_title(); ?>
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

At first, I thought there were going to be way too few words in order to the bot to be accurate... Well... Google boys made a good job :) Ads are now more accurate to my niche.

See my night vision website in action!
PS:Also, take a look at the pretty favicon I added :laugh: :laugh:

I hope it helps!

Last edited:
•••
WillCast said:
Hello,

I would like to share a hint I'm sure many of you know but also many don't.

I noticed most of the ads being shown at NightVisionLens.com were related to a niche absolutelly different to the one I was aiming to.

I was aiming to the night vision market... and I was getting only ads related to the contact lens market.

Well... I decided to put the adsense bot in context:

In WordPress, I edited my archives.php, single.php and index.php template files, and I surrounded the title of the post between the following tags:
PHP:
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->
<?php the_title(); ?>
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

At first, I thought there were going to be way too few words in order to the bot to be accurate... Well... Google boys made a good job :) Ads are now more accurate to my niche.

See my night vision website in action!
PS:Also, take a look at the pretty favicon I added :laugh: :laugh:

I hope it helps!
Your site looks very nice! Nice colours. Well done and good luck :tu:

•••
I just checked out the night vision lens site. FYI, I'm seeing all contact lens and lasig ads.

As to your tip for targeting ads better you are right that it works (sometimes), but you might actually be hurting your profits by using that tip. What ads adsense is showing you gives you some insight into what google is seeing when they spider your page. If they're showing contact lens ads, it means google thinks your page is more about lenses and less about night vision. You would do better to rewrite the page so google has an easier time figuring what your content is "really" about. That way you don't have the search engine sending you traffic looking for contact lenses and you trying to sell them night vision.

Other than that, I'd probably lose adsense altogether for that particular site. With a bit more work you might actually stand a chance of selling a few cameras. One camera sale will probably dwarf what you'll make from adsense all year. The presence of the adsense ads may rob you of the one visitor who might have actually bought a camera. You'll get fifteen cents for sending them to someone elses site who gets the spiff on the camera. :(

•••
blaknite said:
I just checked out the night vision lens site. FYI, I'm seeing all contact lens and lasig ads.

uhmm... Weird.. I see NV related ads... :(

Anyway... I agree with what you say about adsense... In fact, I applied yesteday for a CJ.com datafeed from a couple of advertisers of these devices so I'll be implementing a more completed NV store on it. After that, I'm planing to pay for around 10-15 original articles.

I foresee my main problem will be to choose the writers.

Many many thanks!

•••
Ok, the site now has around 2000 products.

However, now I have a big problem I can't solve:

I move from wordpress to a php script so I can handle the database and CJ api more directly. The problem is that I lose the nice user friendly URL that I had when I installed WordPress.

I've made some changes in the backend so now every product has its nice url (I used the same function used in WP by the way).

The problem is that I'm used to mod_rewrite and apache and .htaccess, etc. I have no idea about what changes I have to do in order to translate a certain URL to a certain request to my actual PHP files.

I set the structure of my site -once it works with se-friendly url) to:

domain.tld/products/product-name-productID
(so once I got a request like this, I parse the URL, got the productID and returns the actual product)
domain.tld/category-name/
domain.tld/search/search-criteria
... and I add a [...]/page-number/ whenever the user is paging results.

How in heavens I made it to work? Any advice would be welcome and much appreciate... As this questins goes out of the scope of this thread, a PM perhaps will be more appropiate.

Another touch I *think* is good is the way I implemented the paging links:
I set the "nofollow" all but the next and previous links... So the bots get to the first link and it has no other path but the get to the next page until it got the last one. I.e: If the user is in page 5, the only dofollow navigation links will be the one that goes to page 4 and 6.

All best,
Will
@blaknite: I get ride of the adsense ads... Thanks for the advice!

Edit: Done... My site has user/search-engine friendly URLs and it now generate its own sitemap periodically...

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Just learnt about noomle

3dgameglasses.com
3dbandwidth.com
drtv.me
asianholidays.info
nycre.info
hybridnews.net
insuredfinance.com
insuredaccident.com
tatt.info
robothire.net
jobvod.com
onlineshoppingshow.com
isportreport.com
musicforum.com.au

more to come .... now i have the bug

•••
http://iatric.org/

another noomle. it does the business nicely, i think. THANKS NOOMLE!!!!!!!!!

•••
•••
Still a Work in Progress

viruspandemic.com - A pandemic is an epidemic that spreads across a large region

http://www.viruspandemic.com/

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
•••
I am planning to make some mini sites for domains i own.
I found some great examples in here, thanks to all the guys who posted their sites here for review.

Wish me luck :D :p

•••
•••
•••
•••
Just launched mini refinancehomeloans.net
Any suggestions appreciated

•••
Given the slow resale market I decided to start developing minisites. This is my sixth site since March and my first fitness-related site. Workout Routines .TV has videos for legs, chest, arms, abs and cardio...

Workout Routines .TV - Home

•••
Just launched mini refinancehomeloans.net
Any suggestions appreciated
I like it a lot. It looks a lot like an AEIOU Wordpress mini site. Did you create that template?

My only suggestion would be to add a privacy policy per Google's Adsense guidelines.

•••
Thanks NameClerk
I will need to get a privacy policy. I don't have one on any of my sites

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back