Domain Empire

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Read my Signature , says it all.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I agrre the adsense on header is pretty bad :)

•••
Thanks for the feedback guys. Good call with the adsense header - have removed it as suggested.

Thanks again

as for smartconsolidation.com.au - very nice mini-site. Great integration of calculators, RSS etc.

The only suggestion I can really summon up is just to put in a simple line space between the first row of adsense (within the text body) and the next paragraph of text in all the pages.

Is this site entirely custom?

•••
A suggestion about content on mini-sites...

I've been experimenting with ad placement on my sites and wanted to point out an observation I've made. With a mini-site, or most sites in general, you are looking for conversions. Whether that is a contact form for leads, a member sign-up to a newsletter, or someone clicking on a relevant ad on your site, conversions is what most are looking for on their sites.

Make sure you take advantage of "key" placement locations on your site. One often over looked is the "call to action" placement location which is at the end of well written content. I have a 300% greater CTR on this location over my 2nd best location on my sites. Make sure you don't waste this space!

For example: You write a great article about widgets that draws the reader in and gets them to read the entire article you've written. Directly after the last paragraph always put an ad of some sort. You "need" to tell the reader what to do next. This can be done by actually telling them to check out this product or by saying nothing at all. It all depends on your style and the conversion type you are looking for.

If you take the time to write content in hopes of providing useful information then make sure your prime ad space is being utilized. "Useful Information" is the key phrase above. If they don't read the entire article they will never get to the ad or conversion. However, if you write good content there is nothing better then a reader who has read your entire article all but waiting for directions as to what they should do next. Make sure the map is highlighted...

Markus

Last edited:
•••
Was in a place where I needed to step back and clear the brain. Decided to build something on a name I picked up while back. Working with the CMS packages and customizing themes is getting so much easier.

Using Drupal and a new (free theme) I put together www.FabulousCoffee.com. The theme has an interesting feature which allows random rotation of header images. Took less than half a day except the Amazon store thing. Still needs playing with and some articles written.

•••
netfleet said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. Good call with the adsense header - have removed it as suggested.

Thanks again

as for smartconsolidation.com.au - very nice mini-site. Great integration of calculators, RSS etc.

The only suggestion I can really summon up is just to put in a simple line space between the first row of adsense (within the text body) and the next paragraph of text in all the pages.

Is this site entirely custom?
Thanks for the feedback netfleet. WIll include more spacing. Well the template is acutually bits and pieces from an aioue site I had done months and months ago. Basically kept the "include files" to the header, righ columns, footer etc. makes it supereasy to regurgutate and pop out mini-sites.

•••
harkster said:
Was in a place where I needed to step back and clear the brain. Decided to build something on a name I picked up while back. Working with the CMS packages and customizing themes is getting so much easier.

Using Drupal and a new (free theme) I put together www.FabulousCoffee.com. The theme has an interesting feature which allows random rotation of header images. Took less than half a day except the Amazon store thing. Still needs playing with and some articles written.

Nice looking site. It's a nice touch changing the header images like that. I don't know the direction of the site but it seems as though you are focusing on Keurig Coffee makers and K-Cups via the amazon store plugin. One suggestion would be to discuss what that is on the homepage... perhaps peak someones interest about what they are... show them the way to the store.
(by the way, I live and die by my keurig coffee maker...best invention ever!)

Been debating learning either drupal or joomla but haven't taken the plunge just yet. I am a bit partial to typepad because of how fast their sites get indexed and how simple sites are even for a non-techie like me. That said, I like what you can do with many of the more advanced CMS systems out there. Anyone feel one is easier then the other? My skills are limited at this point.

•••
Just had this built from Tajim's $39 Mini-site thread. vacationclearance.com
I'm happy with it.
What do you think?

•••
it does look clean and professional...

•••
http://www.bbqathome.com/ Do you want to Barbeque? - News & Information about BBQ's

Still a Work in Progress

What do you think?

Cheers
Corey

•••
getMarkus said:
Nice looking site. It's a nice touch changing the header images like that. I don't know the direction of the site but it seems as though you are focusing on Keurig Coffee makers and K-Cups via the amazon store plugin. One suggestion would be to discuss what that is on the homepage... perhaps peak someones interest about what they are... show them the way to the store.
(by the way, I live and die by my keurig coffee maker...best invention ever!)

Been debating learning either drupal or joomla but haven't taken the plunge just yet. I am a bit partial to typepad because of how fast their sites get indexed and how simple sites are even for a non-techie like me. That said, I like what you can do with many of the more advanced CMS systems out there. Anyone feel one is easier then the other? My skills are limited at this point.
Yes, the header thing is cool. Is really simple (I didn't do it - the theme design) a little PHP thing gets an image randomly from a directory.

I just wanted to get something up for right now. I have a concept that ties in with the 'fabulous' word banging around in my head. I have my new content writer tied up with other stuff so will be a while. The funny thing is I seldom drink coffee.

I tried Joomla once but the learning curve was... so went to Drupal (for me much easier) but am looking into Joomla again for a regional Directory. Drupal is that very interesting blend of blog and cms. It can be easily set up so each user can have their own blog.

I also do a bit with Wordpress. Cool and powerful with lots of easy to tweak free themes but I feel no one package is best for every project.

I do like to 'play' with the templates/themes but It is getting to the point that a very nice site can be put together 'out of the box'.

•••
coreyg said:
http://www.bbqathome.com/ Do you want to Barbeque? - News & Information about BBQ's

Still a Work in Progress

What do you think?

Cheers
Corey

extremely clever way to put ads and very catchy pages, compliments

•••
coreyg said:

Still a Work in Progress

What do you think?

Cheers
Corey

Nice design. Very unique style. And much better than my BBQ site :'(

•••
http://AverageCarInsurance.net

Just Learning Wordpress...... :) but here is one of my site..

Simple but affiliate integrated ;) Wanted to make something like parked pages.. but a little more content based ;)... Still working on it...

Last edited:
•••
getaddicted said:
http://AverageCarInsurance.net

Just Learning Wordpress...... :) but here is one of my site..

Simple but affiliate integrated ;) Wanted to make something like parked pages.. but a little more content based ;)... Still working on it...

Not bad for just learning. A few suggestions would be to adjust the color scheme away from black and red. It has been shown that certain colors are more enticing to potential visitors from a sales/conversion perspective. You may want to try different shades of blue from light to mid darkness and mix in some orange and green. They are very popular colors (for a reason) on major insurance and mortgage lead generation sites.

Also, try bringing your "NetQuote" form up just under your page fold.

Hope this helps... Great Start!

Markus

harkster said:
Yes, the header thing is cool. Is really simple (I didn't do it - the theme design) a little PHP thing gets an image randomly from a directory.

I just wanted to get something up for right now. I have a concept that ties in with the 'fabulous' word banging around in my head. I have my new content writer tied up with other stuff so will be a while. The funny thing is I seldom drink coffee.

I tried Joomla once but the learning curve was... so went to Drupal (for me much easier) but am looking into Joomla again for a regional Directory. Drupal is that very interesting blend of blog and cms. It can be easily set up so each user can have their own blog.

I also do a bit with Wordpress. Cool and powerful with lots of easy to tweak free themes but I feel no one package is best for every project.

I do like to 'play' with the templates/themes but It is getting to the point that a very nice site can be put together 'out of the box'.

Harkster,

In your past experience using Joomla, Drupal, and WordPress, have you noticed a difference with regards to speed of being indexed? Any chance you could rank your experience with each for me? I am big on FREE traffic... never pay for the stuff myself :)

Markus

•••
l2ride55 said:
Whypark back on the map with their new hi-pay ad feed for those with no Adsense.

www.4KTelepresence.com

About as "mini" as you can get LOL. Dead in the middle of a parked domain and a website.

L2

How did you get the prearranged links to sponsored searches sorted?

•••
l2ride55 said:
In the "My Sites" tab, click "Content"

Here's the tip of the day - your keywords ARE the "Related Searches" links LOL.

So... remove all your Site Keywords (you have to keep one), and one by one add the words that you really want for "Related Searches" (ah, the hi-paying ones) - those are your keywords.

The sorting is done on what words you add first to last. So if you wanted Video Conferencing first, you add video conferencing first (it auto capitalizes your words).

L2

Ahh right! That is a whypark page... I thought you had written it....
:bah: :bah: :gl:

•••
Webnode Success!!!

d0main said:
lexisdomains, I have found it hard to rank in SERPs at all with a .info+webnode combo. It may be because I'm in a pretty competitive niche, but I'm not getting ANY traffic from search engines at all. Let me know how it turns out for you

I have had no problem getting my Webnode website ranked no#1 for the term "Dietarian". ( http://www.Dietarian.Info )

SEO Time Frame: 26 days

Let me know if I can help,

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back