Dynadot

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
My another minisite -> http://www.greenteaicecream.org
By the way, anyone having problem to access my site or it loading slow?
Yes, it loads slow for me.
Easily solved
Like a LOT of WP sites, it has TOO many posts on front page. Reduce the length of the posts (use the Readmore TAG)

•••
Yes, it loads slow for me.
Easily solved
Like a LOT of WP sites, it has TOO many posts on front page. Reduce the length of the posts (use the Readmore TAG)

Is that possible to show full post for feature post, but show readme for the rest of the post? Can point me to the right direction? Which plugin to use? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 AM ----------

or is that possible to show only feature post? I try to set "Blog pages show at most" to zero, but it seem like minimum is 1.

•••

Thanks for that. AfreeRV.com got much faster.

•••
•••
•••
A new .ca blog and listing site : numerous.ca

•••
A new .ca blog and listing site : numerous.ca
Only thing that I can recommend (suggest) is to add a image..maybe the Canadian flag?

•••
I finally developed a couple of political domains that I could not sell :cy:

I have some free downloads and Adsense, the sites were uploaded today, so still no traffic, but I hope at least to recover reg fees :P

anyway, I don't think I'll register any other political domains in the future (unless I'm running for office myself :P), but this was a nice excercise...

(note: this is not a political forum, I know some of you don't like this candidate, but I'm just posting the mini-sites I developed under these domains, that's all...)

Last edited:
•••
•••
More minisites

I've been dabbling some more lately and have been alternating between two Wordpress themes - Atahualpa and Shell Lite - to see if one achieves better results than the other.

www.compactsubwoofers.com
www.wirelessproducts.net
www.settledebts.net
www.camouflagekits.com

Shell Lite is more of a landing page with an action button, whereas Atahualpa is great for affiliate sites due to its many sidebars and layout options. I like both, not sure which one I prefer yet.

These days there are so many great Wordpress themes anyone can set up a decent site. But the really hard work remains, namely to get traffic...

•••
•••
no feedback? :(

Cheers
Corey

where's the monetization ?

Are all those articles originals ?

Not sure what feedback you were expecting ?

•••
•••
hi tansks, the Hello Kitty one looks very good, but aren't you worried about Trademark issues?

•••
where's the monetization ?

Are all those articles originals ?

Not sure what feedback you were expecting ?

The site is not currently monetized.
I have written some of the articles and some articles are from Peak Industry Bodies in Small Business, Property and Strata.

It is up to NP'ers to decide what type of Feedback that is given.

Cheers
Corey

•••
It is up to NP'ers to decide what type of Feedback that is given.

Cheers
Corey
Just my opinion..I check out the sites that you post and I think that they are excellently done! The only question that I have (correct me if I am wrong and because I have been thinking about it) is Joomla real user friendly?

•••
hi tansks, the Hello Kitty one looks very good, but aren't you worried about Trademark issues?

I am not sure whether there is any trademark issue.

•••
•••
•••
Just my opinion..I check out the sites that you post and I think that they are excellently done! The only question that I have (correct me if I am wrong and because I have been thinking about it) is Joomla real user friendly?

Could you please define user? eg administrator or visitors to a site?

Cheers
Corey

•••
I am not sure whether there is any trademark issue.

sorry to bother you, but as far as I know, "Hello Kitty", "Minnie Mouse" and "3M Adhesive Remover" are all trademarks, and those exact terms are part of your domain names, that's what made me think about a possible TM issue, but I hope you're right...

•••
sorry to bother you, but as far as I know, "Hello Kitty", "Minnie Mouse" and "3M Adhesive Remover" are all trademarks, and those exact terms are part of your domain names, that's what made me think about a possible TM issue, but I hope you're right...
Totally Agree. DISNEY especially goes after the Misuse of their TM's

Plus Tansk your sites have TOO MANY ADS, Too Little Content.

•••
Could you please define user? eg administrator or visitors to a site?

Cheers
Corey
Good question Corey! As a administrator..since I visited some of your sites, I already know about the "visitor" standpoint!

•••
As the provider of not only all of Corey's Joomla! sites, but hundreds of others I find Joomla! admin very user friendly.

With a little training or practise anyone can use, setup and maintain a Joomla! site. I used to run a hands-on training course. In less than 6 hours the trainees setup the domain, hosting and Joomla! site from scratch.

Where most Joomla! newbies go wrong is they try to use it like WP or a HTML site and start trying to edit/change the core files.

The best approach is to use the many builtin modules & components to achieve the end result.

Anyone contemplating a Joomla! site and needing assistance PM me.

Useless Trivia
1/ Joomla! (with the exclamation point is correct name)
2/ Joomla! has more installs and live sites than all other CMS packages combined.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back