Domain Empire

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You're not reading this correctly. If your site is offering information on something which wikipedia is offering too then ranking above wikipedia is definitely an achievement.

Your comparison of wikipedia with a forum is duff!
Reading it correctly? Has nothing to do with my reading it..
I am not the one giving the misleading impression that your site is out ranking Wikipedia!

•••
Reading it correctly? Has nothing to do with my reading it..
I am not the one giving the misleading impression that your site is out ranking Wikipedia!

Okay, I'll try to say it again in very simple English:

Wikipedia has an extensive article on an "x" item - and I happen to have a site on the same item which outranks wikipedia - considering my site is only less than 2 months old and has no Pagerank with Google, in my opinion that is an achievement to appear on the first page of Goolge and Yahoo as well.

I hope that is more clear now!

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Hi

Ibidu

I don't see the link of your site in your signature,and to be honest,i didn't read the whole thread. If link is already public,could you please post it again.
I am making mini sites since 2009,not that long,but not short either.
The thing is how to find subject that is interesting, but with wick competition,but than again with high CPC.
How do you find the balance? I always get stacked with boring research when I am doing jobs for myself.

Goran,

I did say in one of my posts that because I have Adsense on my site, I will not post my sites in the public, neither would I give it to my relatives. I know of lots of PPL who've had their accounts banned because of misclicks.

As regards, finding the right niche, yes that is very important factor of success, but I would suggest, you should spend a lot of your time on reading as much as you can on SEO and all different ways that you could possibly promote your sites.

Also, if you're using WP, look for all the plug ins which can automate some of the mundane jobs with your sites.

With this particular site of mine, I have designed the site myself using CSS & HTML and since it's a static site, it's a lot easier to spend time on perfecting the SEO side of the site as opposed if it was a dynamic site like a daily blog etc.

In my experience, the major thing with a site is finding half decent content and the rest can be done gradually - if you can spend something like $100 per site on paying a professional writer to create 20 pages of articles for you, then carrying out the SEO yourself, in the long run you have a better chance of having your sites being profitable.

As soon as the first site starts getting regular traffic and is well ranked with the SEs, then you could start your second site, making sure you monitor the source of your traffic everyday and improving things as a result.

Last edited:
•••
Please pm me if you have any recommendation about content writers. I am building websites for living,and I use CMS,mostly joomla, but quality content is always a problem. I am good at research,but English is not my native language and no one wants to read something that sounds like Tarzan.

In my experience, the major thing with a site is finding half decent content and the rest can be done gradually - if you can spend something like $100 per site on paying a professional writer to create 20 pages of articles for you, then carrying out the SEO yourself, in the long run you have a better chance of having your sites being profitable.

•••
Please pm me if you have any recommendation about content writers. I am building websites for living,and I use CMS,mostly joomla, but quality content is always a problem. I am good at research,but English is not my native language and no one wants to read something that sounds like Tarzan.

I don't see anything wrong with your English, neither will the Google's bots but the point is writing quality content should be left to experts. Before you commit yourself to getting your articles written for you, see if you can test the Wellparked system (there's a thread on it). They offer unique content for credits. They may be cheaper for dynamic sites.

Also, have PM'd you as well.

•••
okay this reply is a advertising - i kindly ask the member for forgiveness, but i guess for some it could be attractive.

we buy some developed mini-site(s).

just drop us a line when you have a offer.
for us important are some stats to check the traffic
we don't sell any appraisals or anything else - so no spam.

thanks!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
EV, you must be getting good traffic already to these site because when I clicked on them I got:
Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

That is a good sign :tu:

Let us know when this is fixed, please.

Peace,
Cy

Edit:
Ok, they are up and running now, Nice sites!!!!

Last edited:
•••
•••
EV, you must be getting good traffic already to these site because when I clicked on them I got:

That is a good sign :tu:

Let us know when this is fixed, please.

Peace,
Cy

Edit:
Ok, they are up and running now, Nice sites!!!!

Youtube is such a good resource when it comes to video content , there will always something there to add to these sites, just gotta find the time, that's why i made them 'join up sites' in the hope other contribute to sharing their knowledge ........cheers

•••
•••
writing quality content should be left to experts
Exactly
Writing a quality article is not JUST writing repeated random sentences peppered with the Keywords. It is contributing original and valuable input using the knowledge bank on the particular subject.

Example:-
POOR:
The best New England Hotels are located in Rhode Island. Rhode Island has the Best NEW England Hotels. When visiting New England stay in Rhode Island for the Best New England HOTELS.
Better:-

Rhode Island is a great holiday destination. When staying at one of the better New England hotels you can expect to pay a very reasonable overnight charge for the best accommodation in the area.
New England hotels typically are of a smaller Inn or Bed & Breakfast style of operation rather than the MEGA resorts more commonly found in the Tropical regions.

As you can see each sentence conveys new information, it does not just paraphrase the same TIRED old Keyword Phrase over again. Also it is explaining and providing additional information ABOUT the Keywords, not just repeating the keywords Ad Finitum

Last edited:
•••
Okay, I've just dipped my toe into mini site development with this site:

www.faceproducts.org

The articles are from an open source article directory.

Comments?

•••
Okay, I've just dipped my toe into mini site development with this site:

www.faceproducts.org

Comments?
1/ Design is good
2/ Articles not bad.
3/ Ad number - TOO Many on front page
the ratio of area of articles to ads should be at least 2 to 1 == twice the amount of content to area of ads
Best advice I could offer is turn off one of the Adsense ads and replace with an image or more text

My latest Minisite
http://DrinkRed.com.au

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••

http://www.iwriter.com/

You can thank me later.

---------- Post added at 06:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:16 PM ----------

If it is OK to link to other forums, I will give you links to some very good individual writers that aren't going to break the bank, or are expensive but worth it.

•••
If it is OK to link to other forums, I will give you links to some very good individual writers that aren't going to break the bank, or are expensive but worth it.

Go on try it, if it's not then it will get deleted! So no big harm!

•••
There are some interesting mini-sites here...

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back