IT.COM

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Honestly, i don't know how it's possible but i saw the same numbers that you.

How the hell could the "sister quotes" get 110,000 exact monthly searches??? :D

•••
•••
Moss.in - Moss is usefull for culinary, medicinal and Horticultural purposes

Cheers
Corey

•••
Moss.in - Moss is usefull for culinary, medicinal and Horticultural purposes

Cheers
Corey

Kinda hard to read with that background...

BTW do you ppl do any backlinking?

•••
Thank you for your feedback. Can you define by what you mean backling?

Cheers
Corey

Kinda hard to read with that background...

BTW do you ppl do any backlinking?

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Educating myself about Kennel Cough :(

Tamure the Staffy dog has been diagnosed with it
and is a sick girl

www.kennelcough.in

Cheers
Corey

•••
Thank you for your feedback. Can you define by what you mean backling?

Cheers
Corey

---------- Post added at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

and is a sick girl

www.kennelcough.in

Cheers
Corey

I mean posting links at forums, blogs, "ask and answer" sites, directories etc. Or maybe linking your minisites together. Basically what do you do to get a traffic?

•••

and is a sick girl

www.kennelcough.in

Cheers
Corey

You seem to be making quite a lot of minisites. Does any of them make you any money?

I would imagine to get them ranked by the SE's will not be that easy - so making money from them must be very difficult, unless you have another way of promoting your sites?

Last edited:
•••
cross linking niche sites, keeping in mind what site users are searching for, and giving users a reason to return.

My foremost aim is to provide relevant information etc.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers
Corey

•••
cross linking niche sites, keeping in mind what site users are searching for, and giving users a reason to return.

My foremost aim is to provide relevant information etc.

Does that answer your question?

Cheers
Corey

No, it doesn't to be honest because I thought we were doing this to earn money in the first place - are your sites making money? Even if a site makes let's say 20c a day, I would say it will be worth carrying on producing more similar minisites.

Going by the minisite that I myself developed from scratch consisting of 7 pages of content out of which 3 keywords are now ranking on the first page of Google and 2 or 3 others on the 2nd page, even this site is not making much money - so I would very much doubt that most of the minisites here could have done any better than mine?

If they have a) I would be happy for the owners b) I would like know more about them....

•••
so I would very much doubt that most of the minisites here could have done any better than mine?
Some are doing very much better. Others are doing a lot better.
My highest earning minisites gets very little traffic, but makes a LOT more than 20c a day.
1 factor that is not being fully considered by MOST domainers is the conversion rates. It is pointless having great SE rankings if the resultant traffic does not click on ADS.
My clients , my friend Corey and myself consider USERS are more important than SEO. 1 good USER is better than 100 non-clicking visitors from Search engines. My best tip for increasing your minisite earnings is stop trying to impress Search Engines and start catering for users.

Studio51 Minisites RULE!
(Disclaimer:
Studio51 is a trading name of BareFootTech)

Last edited:
•••
Well I am glad you've got your niche & business model right - also agree with some of the things you say.

•••
•••
Yeah the website accept assorted pages afore you admit the adsense code. But this is not a requirement. Thats probally how you best up on the 20 pages theory.
Can I buy a translation into English!

•••
For those who dogmatically believe that .com is always the king, well... I have proved that, by no means that can be true when you develop and optimise a site correctly.

In less than one month my site (a .biz) which consists of only 7 pages is beating the .com extension of the same name in a few keywords with Google & Yahoo.

I am extremely proud of my work because not only beating that site on the first page of Google but also beating the likes of Wikipedia (PR9) on one keyword.

So there's no fast rule in domaining and with sufficient amount of knowledge and lots of hard work something that may look impossible at first, can be proved otherwise.

Sorry, as much as I would have liked to mention the site's name here, but because I have Adsense on it, I cannot.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
I am extremely proud of my work because not only beating that site on the first page of Google but also beating the likes of Wikipedia (PR9) on one keyword.
Wikipedia has the PR of 9...not a page. Kinda like saying every thread on Namepros has the same PR!

•••
Wikipedia has the PR of 9...not a page. Kinda like saying every thread on Namepros has the same PR!

You're not reading this correctly. If your site is offering information on something which wikipedia is offering too then ranking above wikipedia is definitely an achievement.

Your comparison of wikipedia with a forum is duff!

Last edited:
•••
Strategy?

For those who dogmatically believe that .com is always the king, well... I have proved that, by no means that can be true when you develop and optimise a site correctly.

In less than one month my site (a .biz) which consists of only 7 pages is beating the .com extension of the same name in a few keywords with Google & Yahoo.

So there's no fast rule in domaining and with sufficient amount of knowledge and lots of hard work something that may look impossible at first, can be proved otherwise.

Sorry, as much as I would have liked to mention the site's name here, but because I have Adsense on it, I cannot.

Good job on your site.

Besides good content what else did you do to get decent ranking. Backlinks from Web 2.0 sites, bookmarks etc. Also is it a Exact Match Domain??

Thanks
Dave

•••
Good job on your site.

Besides good content what else did you do to get decent ranking. Backlinks from Web 2.0 sites, bookmarks etc. Also is it a Exact Match Domain??

Thanks
Dave

That's an intelligent comment I would like to answer not like that previous comment of an old amateur!!

The answers are:

1- Exact match domain name but in .biz extension and believe me it won't matter at all that it's not .com - I have the .com beaten in 3/4 major KWs - I like some of these old timers to challnge me and I would bet them 1000000/1 they're wrong about .com being the king, not in development.

2- Only proper "old fashioned on-page SEO", which any old blogger does and should know and follow religiously to the letter.

3- No do-follow backlinks with some no-follow blinks which Google most probably ignore anyway for ranking purposes. (these are off-page SEO anyhow)

•••
•••
Hi

Ibidu

I don't see the link of your site in your signature,and to be honest,i didn't read the whole thread. If link is already public,could you please post it again.
I am making mini sites since 2009,not that long,but not short either.
The thing is how to find subject that is interesting, but with wick competition,but than again with high CPC.
How do you find the balance? I always get stacked with boring research when I am doing jobs for myself.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back