Domain Empire

Would NW refund/delete for a mistake?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I had an $8.75 high bid and won the domain.

I realized the domain was a typo, but forgot to remove my NW bid. I forgot I had entered that domain into NW.

I've seen other domainers say they got a refund for mistaken bids. Is that true?

Thanks for your help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is that bid for registering a domain?

•••
Yeah, I was the only bidder because the name was bad.

NW first bids are $8.75, second bid $25.

•••
Then I don't think you can refund it.

•••
I would be amazed if they refunded you for it. Don't sweat it, chalk it up as experience. It could have been a lot more expensive mistake. :D

•••
I tried to get a refund once for a Name which they registered after I removed it from my buy list. According to them they didn't get the confirmation in time yet it was clearly removed from my list before the cut off time, luckily I was able to sell the Domain after all to recoupe my expenses.

I now take screen captures when I remove Domains near closing time.

Mike

•••
Ok, thanks everyone. Just checking.

Oh, now that sucks, Mike.

•••
Well ya told us you messed up, might as well tell us the name:D

•••
Originally posted by DomainMiner.com
Ok, thanks everyone. Just checking.

Sorry, man ... but at $8.75 it was a good lesson to learn, as Tippy described. Perhaps we can add this domain to Popper's "Worst Domain Ever Registered" thread (if it's not already closed)?!? :laugh:
Have a great domain day, DomainMiner.com!
PS. 25 NP$'s for your pain and suffering ... en route. ;)

•••
Thanks. No biggie, but I also made a different mistake with eNom that was for more domains :( It's still not a big deal, I haven't made many other mistakes. I might try for a refund there.

•••
I would recommend spellcheck :) if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

•••
Yeah. I noticed the mis-spell the second time I went through the list, and then I didn't want the domain. It wasn't too great even with the proper spelling LOL. I just forgot that I had submitted that one to NW already.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back