Domain Empire

Epik.com are untrustworthy. NameLiquidate do not honor sales

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VinceS89

Impact
On the 19th of this month I purchased 6 domains on NameLiquidate.com priced at $998 each, they had just recently been listed at auction and I thought they were great deals. Maybe even too good to be true, as so it seems. I've visited and bought domains on this platform over many years now and haven't had any issues until now. I paid $5982.00 total including renews.

The domains were:

HomeListing.com
FashionModel.com
CaliforniaLiving.com
InvestmentBankers.com
ChesnutHill.com
BabyBoomer.com

Before I purchased these I checked the whois data and they had all been expired for 33 days. The exact amount of time after expiry that they get listed on the platform, as it says on the FAQ.
Today I attempted to update the nameservers on these and they all had some strange lock unabling me to do so.
After a bit of back and forth from support I receieve this email from [email protected]

"Hello,
We must inform you that your recent domain purchases on Name Liquidate cannot be completed at this time.
Due to a system error a certain amount of domains were unintentionally listed for sale on Name Liquidate. We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this may have caused.
To prevent any further issues, we have refunded your purchase price to your In-Store Credit to ensure it is available, and we will refund it directly to your original method of payment upon request."

I've requested additional information but haven't received a reply yet.

My questions are if it was a system error why were they 33 days expired?
On the nameliquidate FAQ it says all purchases are final, so why aren't sales?
I feel like someone forgot to renew these, they complained and now Epik are catering to them.

Update from support:

"Certain accounts have settings that allow their domains to go the full 45 days before expiration for contractual reasons. Those domains should never be placed for sale, but an error caused one of these accounts to not follow this rule.

We have corrected the error, but in this case we must reverse the sales."

Apparently this person was planning to renew the names between the 33rd and 45th day of expiry. Seems far fetched.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They were definitely in the "too good to be true" category. Sucks they did that they should you some free credits.

•••
I'm wondering how refunding your purchase price to your in-store credit would "prevent any further issues"? I would request a proper refund immediately.

•••
I'm wondering how refunding your purchase price to your in-store credit would "prevent any further issues"? I would request a proper refund immediately.
I did, they're processing a refund to my original payment method.

•••
On the 19th of this month I purchased 6 domains on NameLiquidate.com priced at $998 each, they had just recently been listed at auction and I thought they were great deals. Maybe even too good to be true, as so it seems. I've visited and bought domains on this platform over many years now and haven't had any issues until now. I paid $5982.00 total including renews.

The domains were:

HomeListing.com
FashionModel.com
CaliforniaLiving.com
InvestmentBankers.com
ChesnutHill.com
BabyBoomer.com

Before I purchased these I checked the whois data and they had all been expired for 33 days. The exact amount of time after expiry that they get listed on the platform, as it says on the FAQ.
Today I attempted to update the nameservers on these and they all had some strange lock unabling me to do so.
After a bit of back and forth from support I receieve this email from [email protected]

"Hello,
We must inform you that your recent domain purchases on Name Liquidate cannot be completed at this time.
Due to a system error a certain amount of domains were unintentionally listed for sale on Name Liquidate. We apologize for the confusion and inconvenience this may have caused.
To prevent any further issues, we have refunded your purchase price to your In-Store Credit to ensure it is available, and we will refund it directly to your original method of payment upon request."

I've requested additional information but haven't received a reply yet.

My questions are if it was a system error why were they 33 days expired?
On the nameliquidate FAQ it says all purchases are final, so why aren't sales?
I feel like someone forgot to renew these, they complained and now Epik are catering to them.

Update from support:

"Certain accounts have settings that allow their domains to go the full 45 days before expiration for contractual reasons. Those domains should never be placed for sale, but an error caused one of these accounts to not follow this rule.

We have corrected the error, but in this case we must reverse the sales."

Apparently this person was planning to renew the names between the 33rd and 45th day of expiry. Seems far fetched.
Epik is full of excuses. I had some NameLiquidate purchases cancelled a number of months ago. They didn't even refund to store credit until they were questioned about it when I found the domains hadn't been delivered to my account...

So, they've had months to fix any 'system errors'. NL used to be a great platform, but unfortuntely Epik just can't be trusted anymore. You might get some good deals on NL, but only bid if you are happy knowing that your transaction might not be honored.

•••
got caught:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:
1700727576462.png

i see you GIF by Face The Truth

•••
Did you get a refund?

Or is Epik holding the money In-Store Credit?

@VinceS89

•••
Same thing happened to me at the same time as you. I was startled when the number of names on there jumped by over a thousand and then I bought a one-worder for $988 as well and saw a bunch of others and thought those 90's era stunning names should not have been available. There must be some kind of mistake. It was taken back and I was credited.
That name was Cheapos.com. I had changed the server the moment it was purchased and it's still pointing to my Efty account lol

I totally understood and appreciated that they've corrected whatever it was. I'm still using Epik for some of my names and acquisitions.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back