IT.COM

advice Worth of 2 500K+Domains Im selling, and best place to sell/broker

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

McKay Taylor

Established Member
Impact
Hey i'm new to the forums here. Ive only been in the domaining game for a short time and only have a little over 200 domains. However i acquired 2 domains a bit ago and just through parking the domain with ads and huge amounts of traffic (mainly all from china) these domains are producing, they are being appraised for anywhere from 250K - 800 K. I have two options, I could stop parking them and build a real website and increase even more revenue, or sell/ auction / or broker. What would you all do? whats the most reliable site/software as far as domain appraisal/ worth goes?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There are no reliable appraisal software or websites. It depends on what the domains are, but if you are getting a lot of traffic from china I would list them on 4.cn as well as the other western marketplaces. If they are good they should recieve some offers.

•••
As far as I know, you can use NamePros Appraisal section.

•••
There are no reliable appraisal software or websites. It depends on what the domains are, but if you are getting a lot of traffic from china I would list them on 4.cn as well as the other western marketplaces. If they are good they should recieve some offers.
Ok thanks for ur input. I was looking into 4.cn but never saw anything going for more then 1000-2000$ after the conversion rate to USD. Just out of curiosity, for example are siteprice or worthofweb pricing estimators relatively accurate for what i should expect as far as resell for my domains?
one the domains I'm selling is ranked of them is listed at as for china its ranked 1,125 on Alexa and 12,847 for its Global Alexa ranking

•••
have either of you used the DN Shares section of 4.cn?

•••
Just out of curiosity, for example are siteprice or worthofweb pricing estimators relatively accurate for what i should expect as far as resell for my domains?

Probably not, like @Genius327 said post the names up in the appraisal section and see how people feel about them there.

have either of you used the DN Shares section of 4.cn?

Nope - I haven't ever used 4.cn for anything except listing a few domains.

•••
Probably not, like @Genius327 said post the names up in the appraisal section and see how people feel about them there.

Nope - I haven't ever used 4.cn for anything except listing a few domains.
Gotcha as parking or did u action them off? Did you have to pay that 150 ish USD deposit, so you could place it in the BIN category?

•••
Hey i'm new to the forums here. Ive only been in the domaining game for a short time and only have a little over 200 domains. However i acquired 2 domains a bit ago and just through parking the domain with ads and huge amounts of traffic (mainly all from china) these domains are producing, they are being appraised for anywhere from 250K - 800 K. I have two options, I could stop parking them and build a real website and increase even more revenue, or sell/ auction / or broker. What would you all do? whats the most reliable site/software as far as domain appraisal/ worth goes?

You should show them.

•••
•••
I just listed them (not an auction), didn't pay for any extra exposure or anything. (I didn't recieve any inquiries either - but they weren't the greatest of domains so..)

•••
I just listed them (not an auction), didn't pay for any extra exposure or anything. (I didn't recieve any inquiries either - but they weren't the greatest of domains so..)
ya i looked over the site, and if i want to auction it off (even if it doesn't sell) they want 1% of the sites value which it being appraised upwards of 800K that could be ridiculous out of pocket. I'm looking to make that not lose 8,000$..

•••
I would love to know the exact subject matter so i could make a contribution.

•••
•••
What are the domains?

I made a post in the appraisal section, I just have had some bad luck in the past sharing domain names before buying/sales plus i wasn't sure if i was allowed to say it with the board rules. But the first domain is 365jz.info its ranking in it at about #1,125 in china (alexa report) #12,847 globally

•••
I would love to know the exact subject matter so i could make a contribution.
In short I'm just looking for your guy's opinions on your best option for selling for the highest payout. its 95-98% of all its traffic comes from china

•••
•••
I think you are about to be dissapointed.

•••
I made a post in the appraisal section, I just have had some bad luck in the past sharing domain names before buying/sales plus i wasn't sure if i was allowed to say it with the board rules. But the first domain is 365jz.info its ranking in it at about #1,125 in china (alexa report) #12,847 globally

Holding hundreds of .Info Domains myself I'm going to share my thoughts with you on your Domain. If the above mentioned domain is earning more than $20 a year in ads revenue keep it. If not don't bother renewing it.
Sorry, but whatever appraisal software/person your using should be laughed at.

•••
365jz.info
$5 estibot appraisal!
Funny that somewhere you say you got up to 800k appraisal.

•••
365jz.info
$5 estibot appraisal!

I believe the OP might have been contacted by someone from Nigeria.
I highly suggest they search the SCAM section.

•••
365jz.info
$5 estibot appraisal!

And yet it is listed on Afternic for $100 buy it now. Was previously sold on godaddy 2 years ago for $655. Does seem popular with the Chinese if Alexa can be believed though. Makes you wonder........

•••
Is the Alexa report not an accurate source of info?

•••
•••
Alexa rankings are I believe based mainly on users of their toolbars so can be quite easily manipulated.

That said, this domain has held its rank for a while although god knows how because the page doesn;t even resolve for me.

•••
I have another site with roughly similar stats, albit slighlty lower then the other. All traffic from China as well. It's Gp8377.com. I used siteprice.org and worthofweb.com as just 2 of the sites I ran them through for a estimated traffic calculation and appraisal etc. are they completely illigetamate?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back