Domain Empire

advice Worth of 2 500K+Domains Im selling, and best place to sell/broker

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

McKay Taylor

Established Member
Impact
Hey i'm new to the forums here. Ive only been in the domaining game for a short time and only have a little over 200 domains. However i acquired 2 domains a bit ago and just through parking the domain with ads and huge amounts of traffic (mainly all from china) these domains are producing, they are being appraised for anywhere from 250K - 800 K. I have two options, I could stop parking them and build a real website and increase even more revenue, or sell/ auction / or broker. What would you all do? whats the most reliable site/software as far as domain appraisal/ worth goes?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Ya the sites upwards of almost 5 years old and the stats remained constant on Alexa that's why I'm having a hard time beleving they have no value? I paid a pretty penny for both of them.

•••
Look on Alexa where the majority of visitors come from and then compare the trend line on the historic traffic chart for your domain and the domain feeding it. Pretty similar eh?

•••
So sell for the best I can get as of now then on 4.cn? Or would u personally wait it out/ park it or build on it and see if the traffic holds?

•••
So sell for the best I can get as of now then on 4.cn? Or would u personally wait it out/ park it or build on it and see if the traffic holds?

How long have you owned them?
What's your monthly income if any?

•••
what does it do with parking, RPM? It might be that it can be increased a lot by connecting with the right affiliates/cpa networks

•••
You paid a pretty penny for those names?

•••
•••
•••
I meant they were not cheap. And I put in the money as I saw them as viable investments. But now I'm feeling u all say it's a scam?

You're asking questions without giving us answers...
You have been asked repeatedly
1.Are the Domains parked?
2.Are they earning?
3.If so what's your monthly?

Answer those questions so we can help you determine if you made a smart investment or not.

•••
I have another site with roughly similar stats, albit slighlty lower then the other. All traffic from China as well. It's Gp8377.com. I used siteprice.org and worthofweb.com as just 2 of the sites I ran them through for a estimated traffic calculation and appraisal etc. are they completely illigetamate?

If they gave you a 6 figure estimate for that domain, then YES they are completely illegitimate. But that being said, as above posters already said, no automated appraisal system is accurate. Sure they may occasionally get one right, but that is pretty rare from mine and others experience. There are just too many variables to a true evaluation. Even appraisals from other domainers can be pretty far off. For one, a person can impact what they sell a domain for with hard work, connections, and/or industry experience.

For the domain you listed, I would be happy to get $1 selling it for the value of the domain itself. If it gets enough traffic to pay for registration each year, then keep it. Otherwise, you are wasting your time and money.

Hope this helps!

•••
Yeah those domains are worthless unless they are actually getting a lot of traffic, check the analytics on your parking provider, alexa doesn't really mean much, manipulating is very easy and cheap, and quite easy to scam with. if you are a new investor, i would really wait till you understand the market before making substantial investments, and never rely on automated tools for appraisal (its useful when scanning through a lot of domains, but you need be able to value the domain yourself if your making investments)

•••
For those kind of domains to have value, you need to collect traffic and revenue stats for a couple of months and then base the value of the domains on that. Such domains have no value without traffic and revenue proof.

Just my 2 cents

•••
I know this is off topic but what do u guys do if u have a high traffic parked domain that easily gets over 150 new uniques a day and never gets any clicks..... Ever

•••
I know this is off topic but what do u guys do if u have a high traffic parked domain that easily gets over 150 new uniques a day and never gets any clicks..... Ever

We have a parking and monetization section for that. :)

•••
wow... just reading this thread gives me a chill down my spine

So much i want to say, but the only thing i will say is: Education is key

•••
my 2 cents as a chinese domainer
sorry i dont think the domains alone can be sold for reg fee
as for the traffic, according to waybackmachine
there were sites built on them
gp8377 was a stock site in 2010 and down in the same year
and i dont think it was any big
it worked like i give you some analysis, but you need to pay for a membership for further information
somehow cant view the page archive of 365jz
i also baidued this 2 domains
baidu is the chinese google
no record for gp8377
1 second-hand record for 365jz saying the site was about information
that's all
i cant explain the traffic
i would suggest you to park them at 4.cn
so the ads will be more relative to chinese
good luck

•••
@awei: True, I've also checked this domain at ahrefs.com and only 45 referral domains and 120 links. Nothing relevant to drive massive traffic.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back