Dynadot

WordPress 3.0: The 5 Most Important New Features

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
WordPress (WordPress) has long been known as a dedicated blogging platform, giving users the tools they need to publish their message and interact with readers. However, with the official release of version 3.0, set to drop this month, the platform will be much closer, if not well within the territory of a content management system (CMS).

The list of new features in WordPress 3.0 isn’t very long in comparison to previous releases. However, the changes that are coming will certainly have a significant impact, particularly if you use WordPress as a CMS. Here is a rundown of the most important new features arriving in version 3.0. Read more...

Feature #5 will be quite useful to domainers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I also like the change in the default theme. I always thought the WP default theme was a bit simple and amateurish.

#5: Multi-site capability is huge. And long overdue. I'll be intrigued to see how its implemented. Is it a server-level process, or is it just a series of sites sharing from the DB tables?

•••
#5 is simply merging Wordpress MU into the regular Wordpress.

•••
I have a feeling that this would just lead to duplicate sites. Maybe I read that too quickly. It will certainly have an effect however.

•••
I'm switching careers and going to become a Wordpress 3.0 consultant/programmer.

•••
I actually am looking forward to WP3.0.

It will make WP way more powerful and much easier to develop sites.

Skinny

•••
looks cool but bloated so any other upcoming serious blogging platform outhere?

•••
Have u seen tumblr? That also seems to be cool as a blogging platform and its catching up real fast.

•••
I can't wait! :)

Lots of ideas and domains are ready, I really can't wait.

I have a feeling that this would just lead to duplicate sites. Maybe I read that too quickly. It will certainly have an effect however.

How is that?

•••
Meh. Doesn't really seem to be much there that wasn't already available to anyone unafraid of a little coding. The WPMU integration is cool but BuddyPress already did that, and there are better multi-user solutions than WPMU up to its last release. On the flip side, the already heavyweight code is likely to get downright chunky. I smell a fork...

Frank

•••
Wordpress is the only way I am personally able to build decent sites ( I am design idiot ). I look forward to it.
Michael

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back