Dynadot

question Won a LLLL at GoDaddy auction - Does the domain have to go to my GD account?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Fancy.domains

Top Member
Impact
Hello,

I just won a LLLL.com at a GoDaddy auction. I'm happy with this, BUT the seller has the name registered with another registrar. So:

1. Can I just let the seller push the domain into my account with the other registrar (NOT GoDaddy)?

or:

2. Does the name HAVE TO be transferred to my GoDaddy account according to GD's user agreements etc?

I am very thankful for any help. I did already contacted GoDaddy, but the answer I got just made me confused. I guess they will not recommend using any other registrar, even if it's ok according to their user agreements?!

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I maybe posted this one in wrong forum section...

Anyone with ideas?

•••
Yes he can push to same reg account
If both of you on GD account or both of you on any same reg

•••
Yes he can push to same reg account

Ok, thank you very much!

To make clear, also OUTSIDE GoDaddy?! (I am 99% sure that this is what you mean, hehe)

•••
if both of you on whois for example then he can push to your whois account

•••
Normally I'll transfer the domain to my godaddy...

•••
Might have 60 days lock transfer

•••
Normally I'll transfer the domain to my godaddy...

Me too, but the seller is insisting on this. Just don't want to argue...

•••
•••
If you won an auction or BIN at Godaddy and the domain is NOT at godaddy then YOU will have to pay for a transfer. It would be nice if GoDaddy displayed an icon or something that let buyers know which domain requires a transfer and which come with a free push to your account.

But this is why I also do a whois before i bid or buy at Godaddy.

•••
Yes the seller can push the domain on the current registrar, but Go Daddy will not release the funds unless you contact them to let them know the transfer of the domain has been completed.

It takes a little longer then a normal "all on GD" transaction.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back